1. STRENGTH vs. AGI OFF-Sets for Retribution Paladin PVP (Icecrown)

Which is better for PvP? Strength or Agi off-sets?

Strength:
    Ashen Band of Endless Might
    Skeleton Lord's Circle/Ring of Rotting Sinew
    Polar Bear Claw Bracers (Heroic)

Agi:
    Ashen Band of Endless Vengeance
    Signet of Twilight (Heroic)
    Umbrage Armbands (Heroic)

2. I would go agi w/ the leather if running dv/dc h + n
    str if running dc/dv + wfs

reason simple, you dont want to sac even more AP for crit when running wfs, and that trinket makes up for the lost agi. Meanwhile with double DC/DV you have the luxury of doing so without it hurting too badly.

I like to run at least signet of twilight with either setup though, a little agi never hurts. Rets get a lot of crit from it. More than any other class.
    Edited: April 27, 2018

3. But my toon's a Belf? So what trinkets am I gonna use? And also, I have both Umbrage Armband and Signet of Twilight NON-Heroic. Is it worth it to buy the heroic ones??

4. you will just use one death's choice, yeah the agi setup is best. Heroic would be an upgrade, if you can roll on it go for it, wouldn't spend coins for such a marginal improvement though.

5. Currently have 46 coins to spend. Im torn on which to buy since I have the non-heroics umbrage armband, signet of twilight. and a Heroic WFS. Currently using a Shadowvault Slayer's Cloak (Heroic). Should I just buy Winding Sheet Heroic and DC Heroic? Instead of buying umbrage armband heroic and signet of twilight heroic?

6. This is my currently equipped gears. What should I buy with 46 coins? http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

7. Which is better for PvP? Strength or Agi off-sets?

Strength:
    Ashen Band of Endless Might
    Skeleton Lord's Circle/Ring of Rotting Sinew
    Polar Bear Claw Bracers (Heroic)

Agi:
    Ashen Band of Endless Vengeance
    Signet of Twilight (Heroic)
    Umbrage Armbands (Heroic)
    I would say "none of the above".
    If you don't care about arenas, then it's OK to go ahead and use the Umbrage bracers. Otherwise, it's probably better to use wrathful. For pvp, leather items have a two-fold issue in that agility doesn't give you spell crit, and leather has less armor and stamina on it than plate does (is a bigger problem than a lot of people may want to give credit for).
    If you're going to bother with arenas at all, you'll want to go the plate route with Polar Bear or Wrathful bracers.

As for other slots, you'll want a strength item with crit in all those slots.
    My own setup for general-use PvP is as follows;
    Polar Bear bracers
    Penumbra Pendant
    Winding Sheet
    Wrathful belt
    Apocalypse's Advance
    STR Ashen Verdict ring
    Wrathful ring (Skeleton Lord's Circle and Might of Blight are acceptable options)
    WFS
    PvP trinket
    Shadowmourne
    Wrathful +SP to Flash of Light libram

My own character is a blood elf as well. Some hybrid resilience gems only in the pvp items. Lands me right at 1080 resilience, which is what I consider my own "sweet spot" for being tough enough, but also able to deal really respectable damage.

I have Death's Choice and STS in my bags too, should I want to use them, but I like using WFS because I prefer to have that extra crit for healing procs and crit chance for my heal casts (the latter agility does not provide).

This is my currently equipped gears. What should I buy with 46 coins? http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary
    Not leather, that's for sure. Keep yourself at an absolute max limit of 1 leather item for BGs (none for arena), and that should ideally be what you already have - Umbrage.
    I would suggest getting a 1h/shield (holydin weapons for turtle&self-heal) or a Wratfhful two-hander. If not those, then finish off your Wrathful main-set items. Anything else that you don't already have is easily farmable.

8. I dont know about other items, but Umbrage and Signet of Twilight as Agility items are a nobrainer, thats for sure... Crit boost on those two 284 ilvl items is insanely good.
    Other items should be Strength i guess...

Stalk arround the PvP ladder a bit, and inspect high rated Rets. That should give u a clue on what to go for.

I personaly think that you should get:
    Penumbra Pendant
    Apocalypse Advance
    Both HC 284 ilvl...
    Considering the armory u linked.

After that, if u get more coins, get Umbrage and Signet of Twilight HC.

Winding Sheets can be looted in a pug, but Gunship cloak HC is good enough on its own (i saw a lot of high rated Rets use it over Sheets), so there is no need to waste coins there.

The last item u could get is Bloodsurge or 277 WF 1h Wep for Healing. For Shield, farm 1800, should be ez enough...

9. I dont know about other items, but Umbrage and Signet of Twilight as Agility items are a nobrainer, thats for sure... Crit boost on those two 284 ilvl items is insanely good.
    Other items should be Strength i guess...

Stalk arround the PvP ladder a bit, and inspect high rated Rets. That should give u a clue on what to go for.

I personaly think that you should get:
    Penumbra Pendant
    Apocalypse Advance
    Both HC 284 ilvl...
    Considering the armory u linked.

After that, if u get more coins, get Umbrage and Signet of Twilight HC.

Winding Sheets can be looted in a pug, but Gunship cloak HC is good enough on its own (i saw a lot of high rated Rets use it over Sheets), so there is no need to waste coins there.

The last item u could get is Bloodsurge or 277 WF 1h Wep for Healing. For Shield, farm 1800, should be ez enough...
    yeah the #1 ret on the server prefers umbrage/signet with good reason

10. I agree with everything you said, I always preferred the full strength build and you use exactly the same amount of resilience as I do (When I'm on horde).

The only difference between our stuff is that I use Ahn'Kahar neck, PvP wrist and Skeleton Lord's Circle. Since I'm a human now I'm using DV HC + WFS HC, when on horde my trinekt depends on what I'm doing.

11. Other items should be Strength i guess...
    You guess?
    Winding Sheets can be looted in a pug
    I'm just taking a shot in the dark here, but I'm going to guess you didn't read all of the posts in the thread, nor checked the armory OP linked?
    yeah the #1 ret on the server prefers umbrage/signet with good reason
    "#1 ret on a private server"

Let that sink in for a moment.

PvP isn't the same as PvE where everything can be quantified by a DPS number. Keep the ego to yourself.

I agree with everything you said, I always preferred the full strength build and you use exactly the same amount of resilience as I do (When I'm on horde).

The only difference between our stuff is that I use Ahn'Kahar neck, PvP wrist and Skeleton Lord's Circle. Since I'm a human now I'm using DV HC + WFS HC, when on horde my trinekt depends on what I'm doing.
    Yeah, there's a lot of personalized choices that can be made. Reason there isn't a BIS list in my PvP guide, but I guess people haven't grasped that. My setups for Human and Blood Elf are very different.

12. @Mercy

Woah, dont shot me, brah... Take a chill pill.

He can use Agility Ashen Ring and Gunship Agility Cloak tbh, and still do better than going full Strength build in some situations. As u said urself, it all comes to personal choices in the end, but i guess yours is better than mine, bcos?
    Saying that Strength Items are the only way is wrong, on so many levels... That aswell as saying that Signet + Umbrage is worse than Skeletons + Polar. Have u seen the stats on Signet? 145 attack power?

There is a reason why Ret Paladin use so many Agility items in PvE, cos they are better and give more stats Overall. I dont see any logical answer for why going less is better when it comes to PvP.

Ive read both his posts and your guide and thats the reason i posted in the first place, and i really hope he didnt spend coins on that Winging Sheets...
    I tryed both full Str, and 2 agil items, and even 4 agil items setups, and the one with 2-4 agil items sure did work better than full str one, again, for me.

Bottom line, u suggested ur own build, i suggested mine, i didnt go and try to prove im right, cos in the end it wont matter almost at all.

Also, i doubt u can tell someone to keep ego for themselves after saying that beeing rank 1 Ret doesnt mean that they are using the right items.

13. May 3, 2018  
    Hey thank you for the reply :) What's your human setup btw? Cos I recently changed faction.

14. May 3, 2018  
    What's your IGN? Wanted to see your armory :)