1. Best duelling class

hey

what would u say is the best duelling class in 3.3.5. I know its rock paper scissors but which spec would u say has the least amount of counters. Or which spec can beat most others by playing really well. Maybe u can write ur top 5 or somethin and explain it a bit.

2. There are no five choices, only two specs:
    Unholy and Blood.

Gear that up in BiS and it has the least amount of counters if played well.

3. There are no five choices, only two specs:
    Unholy and Blood.

Gear that up in BiS and it has the least amount of counters if played well.
    Honestly?
    Scumbag Blood hybrid. Gogo.

4. Honestly?
    Scumbag Blood hybrid. Gogo.
    Scumbag as much (or even less) as using Divine Shield that apparently nobody minds.

5. Care to share the best hybrid blood spec to play with ?

6. Ret w/ bauble > blood hybrid spec, as far as I've experienced. Yeah the dools are long as hell but you get your chance eventually, just keep SoV stacked and use 1h/shield liberally keep sacred shield on and it''ll happen. The spec doesn't have the damage to punch thru properly played and geared bauble ret 1h hp/mana sustain w/o garg, even with garg uh dk struggles to do so. Eventually ur going to be caught in a full stun w/ 5 stacks of vengeance and smourne proc + wings + crits, ur probably done and if not they will get their chance in a few mins to try again.

That trink really does make all the difference, without it ret will lose 99% of the time, since you're the one with the finite resource who has to wait on cds for his chances to kill and the unholy blood hybrid is basically a damage/heal machine that never runs out of steam. My last duel against someone using this spec bis went on for around 8 minutes before i was able to seal it... almost enough time for bauble to refill my mana bar from 0 twice over. Heal active is just icing, save it as a safety net stabilize you if you get dangerously low and have forbearance/wingbearance or if he's pressuring you hard as you're going for the kill; GCD's are too precious to waste on healing at this moment.
    Edited: April 28, 2018

7. Lol ret damage wouldn't come even remotely close to downing a blood dk.
    Edited: April 30, 2018

8. It was enough to kill some jobber called Greaper who was trying to pride on me with his cheesy spec the other day just because he won initially as i wasn't bauble'd. You will eventually get that string of crits with wings and a full stun that will end it, esp. with 5 stacked seal of vengeance, which can also crit and basically it increases ur overall dps 20% over seal of righteousness, only tricky part is keeping it fully stacked vs good dks w/ kiting and parries, involves a lot of 1h play. However the hard part and the reason it took almost 10 mins is finding the string of lucky crits into a full stun, no longer staying alive like it is without bauble... so yeah, maybe a better player than this will never die even when the planets align for me, but he won't kill me or bleed me of mana/hp either so... infinite stalemate yay?!

my point is it's not a rock solid spec for winning duels. DK have enough survivability in standard unholy spec as well as the burst damage to seal the deal against any class if you play your cards right, even ppls with bauble and the ability to dispel mark of blood.

For me that's why standard unholy is better, for every class (warriors, rogues, melees in general) that hybrid can roll over, unholy can do the same, just with more effort. What's the point of easy wins? I could understand playing such a spec only if the class was heavily disadvantaged in duels to begin with.
    Edited: April 30, 2018

9. May 1, 2018  
    For me that's why standard unholy is better, for every class (warriors, rogues, melees in general) that hybrid can roll over, unholy can do the same, just with more effort. What's the point of easy wins? I could understand playing such a spec only if the class was heavily disadvantaged in duels to begin with.
    People are paying money to be better at this game and you're wondering what's the point of picking specific spec to get the same effect? Well, that's it! People are taking retribution paladins as they give 80% Skill to 2% effort ratio to perform better - why not hybrid DK?

I do agree that Unholy is the sweet spot. Hybrid spec is there just for rematch, in case you loose a duel to a 11yr old trolling nerd as unholy (as you can't yell at him, and tell him to grow up).

10. May 3, 2018  
    Id strongly recommend to have a look at feral as they have very good chance against most spec classes

11. Since i like to see some pvp doubts about duels, world pvp, bg's and arenas here I come with my point of view:

Paladin it's good only because u can switch from pvp to pve gear...for example vs other paladin or other melee u need to play with some pve pieces to win, but vs hunter, warlocks, mages, etc u need the more pvp possible, so u just win cuz u can switch but in world pvp it's different.

The classes with less counters i will say DK, feral, mage and priest (shadow or discipline). At least are the ones that u can beat with ur "basic gear" (ur universal gear vs all classes).

12. Lol ret damage wouldn't come even remotely close to downing a blood dk.
    Aren't ret paladin completely dominating 1v1 tournaments on Icecrown? I will say that make it pretty clear who is best dueling class.

13. I think a very skilled frost mage or a rogue have the edge over other classes in 1vs1.

14. The best rogue in the world has zero chance of coming even remotely close to beating a 1500 ret paladin, even if they were to cloak a hoj and make use of feint for divine storm reduction etc etc. The hand of freedom talent and huge amount absorbed by sacred shield makes it literally impossible unless the pala has so little resilience you can explode him before he does you. I would almost venture to say that this is the most lopsided 1v1 scenario possible, and as a 6.3kgs rogue that got 2100 rating/kingslayer in 7 days /played at 5.6k gs, I ignore fighting any pvp geared paladin entirely. They also struggle hard vs competent dks with high resilience due to the overloaded toolkit dks have access to, and lets not even bother bringing skillmourne or orc racials into the equation. As most people have concluded, DK and pala are the strongest in 3.3.5 in 1v1 scenarios, and I'd also say that a well played shadow priest in the right environment is also capable of doing extremely well. In a perfect world where shadowmourne didn't exist, this subject would likely be harder to agree upon for people since it gives such a gamebreaking benefit to the aforementioned classes on top of their powerful and versatile tools.

15. The best rogue in the world has zero chance of coming even remotely close to beating a 1500 ret paladin, even if they were to cloak a hoj and make use of feint for divine storm reduction etc etc. The hand of freedom talent and huge amount absorbed by sacred shield makes it literally impossible unless the pala has so little resilience you can explode him before he does you. I would almost venture to say that this is the most lopsided 1v1 scenario possible, and as a 6.3kgs rogue that got 2100 rating/kingslayer in 7 days /played at 5.6k gs, I ignore fighting any pvp geared paladin entirely. They also struggle hard vs competent dks with high resilience due to the overloaded toolkit dks have access to, and lets not even bother bringing skillmourne or orc racials into the equation. As most people have concluded, DK and pala are the strongest in 3.3.5 in 1v1 scenarios, and I'd also say that a well played shadow priest in the right environment is also capable of doing extremely well. In a perfect world where shadowmourne didn't exist, this subject would likely be harder to agree upon for people since it gives such a gamebreaking benefit to the aforementioned classes on top of their powerful and versatile tools.
    That is just hyperbole, rets have the advantage yes, but only that hard if they actually play 1600 resi, in the normal geareset (1045 resi) they still are favored but a good rogue with bis low resi gear and full arp will still oneshot a ret just in Kidney. And thus will still easily beat most rets bar the actually good ones. Not to mention that rets have a horrible matchup against classes like frost mages, hunters, locks etc. Basicely anything that can kite them (if there is no los, although frost mages ought to win even with los).

DKs are really strong yes, but they are a lot weaker with los (you have only so many cds to stop a ele shaman running around a pillar while spam rooting/slowing you). Overall its really balanced

12 Last