1. BM hunter stats priority

Hi,

I have recently finished leveling a hunter to 70 and been trying to get some information on how to do well in PvE as BM. One thing which I found strange is figuring out which stats are best.

Most guides say: Hit Cap->Agi->AP->Crit. However, the TBC hunter guide on here warmane forums has an AEP table (Agility Equivalence Points) supposedly from EJ forums. There it says crit and haste are better than AP and that mp5 is 2.4 times better than agility (which I find very strange).

Is there any experienced hunter player who can help clarify this discrepancy?

Link to warmane guide: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=351516

2. May 3, 2018  
    The EP values you can find are more of a quick guideline, the exact stat weights depends on your current gear, and you'd need a spreadsheet for that. They're also really strange, giving dps value to stamina/armor and **** in some gear spreadsheets I've seen. If you wanna use them, you should probably just look at Agi, AP, Haste, Crit, ArP. After you're hitcapped of course. Also keep in mind that if you have a boomkin in raid you will need 3% less hit for cap.

Crit and haste can be better than ap, but you get more ap per item (10crit rating or 20ap in epic gems) and on low gear levels you probably get even more value from ap anyways.

Mp5 is a bit harder to calculate. I have no clue where the 2.4 EP value to mp5 comes from, but the actual value you get from mp5 is highly dependent on group setup/fight/consumables. If you are using no consumes, solo against a target dummy, mp5 will be huge, but on a short 25man bossfight with full comsumables, a mana totem and wisdom seal, it will be wasted. The only mp5 gear I currently use are the t6 head and legs, adding up to 19 mp5. I use mp5 oil on wep and sometimes the mp5 elixir, and then I use mana pots on CD on longer fights. (you can use fel mana potion if you still need more mana and can afford it) I usually don't go OOM on bossfights.