1. May 1, 2018  

Any moneymaking tips for broke new players?

‘ey guys. Loving this server so far, but the boosted edp makes it nearly impossible to keep your gear, or even your skills current. After 24 hours since rolling my toon, Im 21; in all white or grey gear (save for my boots), and am many levels behind on my skills. On that note, I thought skills were supposed to be 80% cheaper on this server. Is that not the case?

In any event, I need to know how to keep the lucre coming. Do you guys have any ideas? I’m a Miner/BS, if that helps. If youtin Outland, what did you do for money on the climb to 60?

Thanks!

2. May 1, 2018  
    gathering professions
    if all the ppl running around begging like stray dogs would just pick up mining or something and spend just as much time actually contributing to the economy by mining some nodes they'd be set for 80.

3. May 1, 2018  
    I should note that I play on the TBC server.

Yeah, I have Mining, and I refuse to beg for gol. Problem is the nodes not being available, likely due to compensation. Puny part is that, even when I dobhave the mats to make something, no one wants to buy it.

4. May 1, 2018  
    Only buy the skills you need. Take a paladin for example you don't need all the blessings, the greater blessings, holy light, all the seals, etc. Just get what you actually need.

Gathering professions are good (generally it is hard to level up gathering at the first tiers but after that there isn't that many that get the nodes. The nodes always respawn after a certain time pass so if you find some node then you know it will be back in a certain amount of time, forgot how many min).
    I doubt you will find many that would want to buy BS crafted items, people want to get the ore/bars so they can level their professions.

One good spot to mine at is The Charred Vale in Stonetalon Mountains. It has all types of ore except for thorium with only lvl 28 mobs near I think. It has several mithril and silver nodes (the 2 most valuable types of ore), so people will pay much for it.

Sell cloth, when I started playing I mainly sold the cloth I gathered to get skills and mount.

5. May 1, 2018  
    I should note that I play on the TBC server.

Yeah, I have Mining, and I refuse to beg for gol. Problem is the nodes not being available, likely due to compensation. Puny part is that, even when I dobhave the mats to make something, no one wants to buy it.
    Check for the things you have access to farm currently, and check to see if people buy the stuff. That aside, just try to make good use of everything you collect while questing. A green item dropped for you? Sell it to an enchanter. Etc.
    The pay-out may be small at the start, but early on you shouldn't need too much. Later on, the pay check gets bigger.
    Consider farming just for the sake of generating gold, rather than earning experience. This can include doing some dungeons, or farming mobs that are a little lower level than you for things like leather and grey items to sell to a vendor.

Life is hard on TBC for someone who hasn't established themselves yet.

6. May 1, 2018  
    Life is hard on TBC for someone who hasn't established themselves yet.
    No it's not, it's hard for us who got a ton of stuff. The time it takes to handle it all is... =(
    Edited: May 1, 2018

7. May 1, 2018  
    Depend on your level and class...
    0. Dont buy habilities that you dont use. Dont stash wharever item. You need dps and some form of healing. Dont waste your time in aestetic things.

1. Aiming for the first mount and instruction to mount (its lv25, but you can farm the gold at lv35)
    2. You need to focus in your weapon, for fast kills and fast item farming. Go for the dungeons.
    3 Sell items in AH, you need to win gold, not be rich soo calculate 10% to 15% for farming items (mining etc) that give less in NPC vendor. a LOT of people never start Med, and need the cloth or cotton at lv 60 or 70, or never fishing etc. Download the addon for AH (auctioner) for better references in prices.
    4. Boost Cook and Med, and sell better product to NPC sellers this way at least lv35. Some items can be sell in AH.
    5. Play in a party, always someone need that crapy item, and you can trade.

6. Aim for mount 100% at lv50.
    7. Aim for flying at lv65.