1. May 1, 2018  

Question about raid difficulty.

I'm a fairly new player and I'm having difficulty finding any concrete information about the increased raid difficulty.

The main post says difficulty will change as progression continues and there are some old posts the respective difficulties are twice as hard as retail WOTLK. Is this information still accurate?

On a related note, my friends and I are getting close to level 80. What should our gear look like for normal 10 man Naxx? What about the dungeons that drop epics? (Trial, Pit of Saron, etc). I plan on tanking as a blood DK.
    Edited: May 1, 2018

2. May 1, 2018  
    Not idea about the numbers, but the buff from icc wipe is disabled, so quit that 30%.

The icc dungeons and trial give you a 232-245 item level range (this shoulb be like 5000gs?), plus the emblems ****, with AH and stuff maybe could get to 5.2k.

From what i've heared you can enter to icc with that 5.2k gear (gem and enchant). So i guess that's the plan of gearing for a 80.

3. May 2, 2018  
    While that info was helpful. I'm asking about fresh level 80 stuff, not ICC

4. May 2, 2018  
    While that info was helpful. I'm asking about fresh level 80 stuff, not ICC
    Once you reach Level 80, you'll be around 3k GS. You can buy the Level 80 stuff from BS/LW/Tailoring to get better gear. To unlock heroic RDF, you'll have to reach ~3.4k GS. You'll be able to join Naxx at this point. After that, you can start farming EoTs to buy the set gear.

At around 3.7k GS, you'll unlock PoS, FoS which drop ilvl 232 gear, the same level gear that you can buy with EoTs/that drops from ToC10 nm.

Once you've obtained most of EoT gear, you'll be past 4.5k GS. At this point, you'll be able to join ToC10 nm to get the remaining gear. This will push you to 5k GS and allow you to do most of the raids with the exception of ICC.
    Edited: May 2, 2018

5. May 2, 2018  
    Hey, basically back in the days, u could do naxx 10 with only rdf gear and proffesion items.
    But now on 3.3.5, once u hit lvl 80, u can buy 264 items from tailoriing/leatherworking etc.
    They nerfed the old content to blizzlike values, like Naxxramas, Ulduar and ToC / ToGC, so a fresh character who knows strats should be able to kill no problem.
    As far as ICC goes, the content is buffed, boss has more HP and enrage timers are shortened with some more complicated game mechanics changed.

6. May 2, 2018  
    They nerfed the old content to blizzlike values, like Naxxramas, Ulduar and ToC / ToGC, so a fresh character who knows strats should be able to kill no problem.
    This is false. These raids still have buffed numbers. Even BC raids have buffed numbers.

7. May 2, 2018  
    Once you reach Level 80, you'll be around 3k GS. You can buy the Level 80 stuff from BS/LW/Tailoring to get better gear. To unlock heroic RDF, you'll have to reach ~3.4k GS. You'll be able to join Naxx at this point. After that, you can start farming EoTs to buy the set gear.

At around 3.7k GS, you'll unlock PoS, FoS which drop ilvl 232 gear, the same level gear that you can buy with EoTs/that drops from ToC10 nm.

Once you've obtained most of EoT gear, you'll be past 4.5k GS. At this point, you'll be able to join ToC10 nm to get the remaining gear. This will push you to 5k GS and allow you to do most of the raids with the exception of ICC.
    Forgive my ignorance, but I was under the impression that Hallion and ICC were the only raids past ToC10? Either way this is all super helpful information. Do you feel that 3.7k for ToC10 is being conservative? It just seems strange to me that it would require having some items of an equivalent power level before being able to actually do the raid.

This is false. These raids still have buffed numbers. Even BC raids have buffed numbers.
    This is exactly why I made this thread. I can't seem to find a definitive truth anywhere.

8. May 4, 2018  
    Forgive my ignorance, but I was under the impression that Hallion and ICC were the only raids past ToC10? Either way this is all super helpful information. Do you feel that 3.7k for ToC10 is being conservative? It just seems strange to me that it would require having some items of an equivalent power level before being able to actually do the raid.
    You'll want 264 BoEs, crafted gear, a piece or two of welfare EoF gear + 232 gear from FoS/PoS/HoR HC before you enter ToC10. You should be around 4.5-4.6k GS for Ony10/ToC10.

This is exactly why I made this thread. I can't seem to find a definitive truth anywhere.
    I run these raids weekly. They are all buffed here, and as I said, even BC raids are buffed.

9. May 5, 2018  
    Wish they could REMOVE stupid challenge content, im stucking at 5,3gs for months...

10. May 5, 2018  
    Wish they could REMOVE stupid challenge content, im stucking at 5,3gs for months...
    join a new guild that's beggining to do icc10s (where u'll have a chance of entering their first or second icc10 group)
    never PUG icc10s that accept 5.3gs, because there's a 70% chance that they won't pass DBS (guild runs with discord will not break after a few wipes)
    if u are a dps class, go to dummy and learn how to do the best DPS that your 5.3gs can do (so that the guild will see your value, and won't replace u after 1 week, for that to happen, u can't be a GS whore, and u have to get good stats for ur class and a 4p tier bonus)

AS for the question of the thread (about raid tunning), i don't know about naxx (but no1 does it anyway), BUT in TOC, ULD and ICC every boss has about 50% extra HP, and you don't have the icc buff in icc

how to check : enter icc, look at morrowgar's HP, enter Wowwiki's morrowgar page, and compare HPs