1. May 2, 2018  

Holy Paladin guide for success!

Hello There,

i'm beeing honest. I'm dissappointed at looking at all those Holy Paladins playing on this server and i can't keep still.

So here is a guide with calculations (to proof that im right) that leads to garanteed success.

But first: let me tell you the Statweights (the weighting in which you calculate stats):

Spellpower = 1
    Int = 0,2 Spellpower and 0,68 Crit -> 0,88
    Haste = 0,71
    Crit = 0,68

How are those weights calculated?
    Spellpower counts as a basis on 1, since every of healing spells scales with Spellpower.
    Intellect weights as 0,2 Spellpower, due to your Talent Holy Guidance // Crit is calculated with a LOT of testing
    Haste scales only to an extend! There are soft and hardcaps. Your Softcap is the point, at when your Holy Light is on GCD (Global Cooldown) = 820. Your Hardcap is the point, where your Holy Light is cast in 1,2 seconds = 1300 FLAT

So why are there specific statweights for Haste and Crit when you have to build around your caps, you might ask?
    Simply said - it makes more sense. Those are weights to calculate your Item Choice.
    For Example:
    Sunforged Breastplate
    103 Intellect
    66 Crit
    45 Mp5
    131 Spellpower
    You can calculate it into statweights of (Int = 90,64 + Crit = 44,88 + Spellpower = 131) -> 266,52 Statweights

In comparison to that:
    Merlins Robe
    103 Intellect
    66 Crit
    90 Haste
    131 Spellpower
    Leading to statweights of (Int = 90,64 + Crit = 44,88 + Haste = 63,9 + Spellpower = 131) -> 330,42 Statweights

And this is sadly mistaken VERY often. So far every Holy Paladin i have seen has prioritized his Stats wrong.

Another thing that i've seen VERY often is stacking Intellect to an endless extend, which is not 100% wrong.
    You see... In Stats it would make more sense, to stack Spellpower, but in reality Holy Paladin need a lot of Mana, due to Holy Light costing a lot of Mana.

Theoreticly... if you feel more comfortable stacking Intellect for your Mana Pool - then it's your choice.
    For me: having 35k Mana with Kings buffed is more than enough.

But wait... won't you run out of Mana with a Mana Pool that low?
    Not on every boss fight atleast. There are some Bosses that don't give you the Chance to use your Seal of Wisdom efficently.
    The best example is the Blood Council in ICC where you are forced to stay ranged for ~70% of the Bossfight. On these kinda Bosses, you have to make sure to use Divine Plea is efficent as possible. But I'll come later to that.

How do you use your Seal of Wisdom as efficently as possible?
    There are many ways to do so. The first thing is to stay in Melee Range of the Boss. The second part is to use /startattack macros. For example my Holy Light macro:
    #showtooltip Holy Light
    /startattack
    /cast [target=mouseover] Holy Light
    If you are playing with Healbot, you can use the Addon Clique to set macros and make use of it.

But what does /startattack do? Many people argue that right clicking the Boss is enough, but it's definitly not.
    Let me explain:
    If you right click the Boss, there is an automated Auto Attack sequence which starts every time new, once you stop casting. This sequence is exactly 1 GCD (Global Cooldown) long. By having /startattack in your macros, you skip this GCD and start attacking at the same time, you stop casting. And this is commonly used by every Melee Class, Hunters and Ele Shamans, since they deal a lot of Damage by Auto Attacking.

What else can you do to efficently use Seal of Wisdom?
    Use Shield of Rightousness!!! This Spell costs you a little bit more than, 200 Mana but it gives you a Chance to reggen Mana with your Seal of Wisdom AND it deals Damage. If you have a Mana Pool of 35k Mana, this Spell COULD reggen you EVERY time 1,75k Mana! Only for the input of using a little bit more than 200 Mana, which is 2 ticks of Blessing of Wisdom!
    Use your Judgement of Light as long as it is possible, as often as possible. It rebuffs Judgements of the Pure, rebuffs Judgement of Light on the Boss, gives you the Chance of regenarating Mana off of your Seal of Wisdom AND you automaticly Auto Hit, since there is a Global Cooldown!

But if that is not enough, how else can I make use of my Mana Pool?
    Using your Cooldowns efficently is KEY! Use Divine Illumination in heal-heavy situations, use your Divine Favor on Coolldown for Tank Healing, use Aura Mastery as good as possible and use Divine Sacrifice (as a Cooldown - /cancelaura Divine Sacrifice to only get the effect of Divine Guardian) as efficently as possible.
    But other macros are very common for that!
    Using Divine Plea reduces your Healing by 50%! Use your Wings in Macro to reduce your Healing only by 15% (Wings increase your Healing by 35%)!
    If you use Trinkets with a Use effect, you can put it in aswell. But using Divine Plea in transition Phases for example is very good! The Beasts of Northrend are a good example for this. In the Transition in that the next Bosses spawn, you can use Divine Plea to gain more Mana!
    If you are Blood Elf use your racial as often as possible to gain Mana off it. Use the Draenai Racial for effectiv as possible.
    Use your Mana Potion as effectivly as possible!

And if you now STILL have problems with your Mana Pool, maybe talk to an Druid for Innervate.
    But usually... you shouldn't have much of problems with going oom. And now you are at that point you understand, that you don't need 45k Mana or even more.

Which Talents are the best?
    There are no "best" Talents. It deppends on which Role you wanna fit in and in which Setup you play.
    I'll link some Talents now and explain in which situations they are usefull:
    https://db.rising-gods.de/?talent#sxAzg0osVu0tgdxGzubh
    This Talent Tree is the best, if you know there are no Prot Paladins in your Raid// when you are sure you need another Group Cooldown, by using the macro explained earlier.
    This Tree is overall in my opinion the most effectiv one, since it gives you some chances to safe mana, gives you another Cooldown, gives you 6% straight healing more by Improved Divine Hymn, you take 6% less Damage to Improved Rightouss Fury.

https://db.rising-gods.de/?talent#sxAzgG0sVu0tgdxGzuo
    This one is more of Support Specc, due to Improved Concentration Hymn and Improved Blessing of Wisdom.
    This specc is the best, when knowing that there are no Resto Shamans for the improved Mana Reggen and when playing a Caster Setup.

https://db.rising-gods.de/?talent#sxAzg0osVu0tgdxZVf0x:
    This one is more of a "egoistic" Talent Choice, since it is completly based around you Healing a lot.
    You don't care about Cooldowns to much and want to be the #1 in Skada? Then this is your choice!

Just to sumuarize - those are only 3 variables of Speccs for Holy Paladins, since these are the most common ones. Of course you can use other Talents to get the same output, but those are in my opinion the best Choices.

Now let's get to Glyphs!
    Sadly I have seen many Paladins glyph Seal of Light for 5% more Healing. But as explained earlier - Seal of Wisdom is WAY to good to not Glyph it and gain another 5% reduced Mana cost for Healing Spells.

Glyph of Seal of Wisdom for 5% reduced Mana cost for Healing Spells
    Glyph of Holy Light for a little bit of Group Healing
    Glyph of Beacon of Light for 30 second longer Beacon of Light

On some Bosses you CAN use other Glyphs. But in reality, these Glyphs are for 99% your go to Glyphs.

If you are interested, this is how my Interface looked like on my old Server. (not telling the Name)
    https://imgur.com/a/ICDEbWs

So far so good.

There are MANY MANY other minimalistic things that you can improve on, but that i'm not gonna type down here, due to the post then beeing way to big.
    So if you have any questions or so, you can ask me Ingame and I'll explain to you.
    You can contact me on Lordaeron - Horde - Korsine.

*feel free to Invite me to ICC carry runs, due to me beeing new on this Server and beeing low geared*

Cya

2. May 2, 2018  
    Let me explain:
    If you right click the Boss, there is an automated Auto Attack sequence which starts every time new, once you stop casting. This sequence is exactly 1 GCD (Global Cooldown) long. By having /startattack in your macros, you skip this GCD and start attacking at the same time, you stop casting. And this is commonly used by every Melee Class, Hunters and Ele Shamans, since they deal a lot of Damage by Auto Attacking.

You do realise that this will not make you hit the boss in between casts right? In other words it's a near useless macro.

Something else I'd like to mention is that the tree you've provided with imp.Devo aura is most of the time not needed in 25 man content as you have a druid naturally providing the 6%.
    Edited: May 2, 2018

3. May 2, 2018  
    In non of the specs you offered you put improved HoJ on 2/2 which is a must in pretty much any high-end raiding guild due to val'kyr stun for every wave, also running a 52 talents in holy imo is better considering you get 2/2 blessed hands instead of 1/2 .

4. May 2, 2018  
    I have not said that you auto hit WHILE casting. It's considered for when you stopped casting.
    At this very moment you skip the GCD.
    And having ~30 white Hits more makes a lot of sense to me

5. May 2, 2018  
    due to val'kyr stun for every wave
    This is used for only one specific Boss which wouldn't make it a generall Guide
    2/2 Blessed Hands is in my opinion less relevant than more Healing

6. May 10, 2018  
    Hey, I'm not really how to put this in a right way, but this is one of the worst guides I have ever seen for a holy paladin. Not only you have the attitude that just shouts "I am the best", most of the things you wrote are trivial and strictly are your own opinion, some of other stuff doesn't make sense at all. Lets get into details:

Your stat weights. Where did you get them? How did you come up with this? I have read 90% of the posts about holy paladins in EJ archives over the years and never have I stumbled upon something like this. You are probably the first hpala that considers Mp5 useless. According to your stat weights, BPC10HC ring is as good as RS25HC one. You should really delete those from your guide. If you want them replaced with something or just educate yourself, check Endoscient's holy paladin guide in EJ forums (I think you might find it somewhere on warmane forums too).

Some other things. You can stay on BPC 90% of the time, I have no idea what holds you back from doing that. Your macro is nearly useless and there is no difference in between rightclick or /startattack. Using output increasing cds and divine plea is one of the biggest noobtraps there is and the worst thing you could possibly do is to tell people to macro it.

So far so good.
    yeeeeeahhh... no.

There are MANY MANY other minimalistic things that you can improve on, but that i'm not gonna type down here, due to the post then beeing way to big.
    You should kinda write those down when you make a guide regardless of it being big.

This is a horrible guide, and it should not be used be anyone, not as a starting point or a guide to improve. I get that your heart is in the right place, but you should either make it decent or delete it, in my opinion.

PS. You got one thing right - player quality is low in warmane, just like in any other private server, but try not to make it worse.