1. May 4, 2018  

Onyxia (level 60)

"Defeat the classic, level 60 version of Onyxia" is that achievement still obtainable and how if it does?

2. May 4, 2018  
    Nope, Achievements didn't even exist up until wotlk.
    And remade dungeons such as Naxxramas and Onyxia was completely revamped, so their original lvl 60 form, dosen't exist anymore, the other lvl 60 raids still exists and gives achievements though.

The only time I could think of you getting this achievement would be at early Wotlk patch before Onyxia even got released to 80.
    Edited: May 4, 2018

3. May 4, 2018  
    The achievement is still OBTAINABLE. It is part of the quest chain that leads to opening the doors of An'Quiraj (ringing the bong)!

Since you cannot complete the quest chain(its WotLK expansion + its removed in Warmane server), you can still get the lvl60 onyxia Feat of Strength Achievement. Character with the achievement Guldaann

Follow the videos in this link and you will eventually get the achievement.

PS: Its a very long quest chain. Takes a lot of time and gold.

4. May 4, 2018  
    The quest chain is available but there is a bugged quest right before the quest that gives the achievement. Bug tracker link: https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/52125

I started the quest chain some time ago and reached the bugged quest this week. Everything else was working. But the achievement is currently unobtainable because of the bugged quest.

5. May 4, 2018  
    In my past experience, you also get achievements for doing a certain raid if you get an item from the appropriate boss (usually last boss in a raid, when applicable) via the marketplace. The reason achievements function like that is because Blizzard wanted to try and give achievevments to people retroactively and having said items was one of the easiest ways to identify it. So, perhaps you can give that a shot. See if there are any Onyxia items on the point shop.

6. May 4, 2018  
    "Defeat the classic, level 60 version of Onyxia" is that achievement still obtainable and how if it does?
    The only way to obtain it in WotLK is to have the vanilla t2 headpiece that dropped from Onyxia,obtained from Onyxia(60) - not Nefarian,same with Naxxramas(60 - KT loot(t3) is necessary for the FoS).In 3.2.2. Onyxia was revamped for lvl 80,thus the achievment(FoS) can only be obtained through the coin shop here on warmane,but i' not sure about that.The original achievment doesn't exist anymore,it was converted to FoS in the mentioned patch.

7. May 4, 2018  
    There are some items listed here Onyxia's Lair (Level 60). None of them are available for points. They are available for coins but I did not get the achievement after purchasing Eskhandar's Collar so I guess it's not obtainable that way. There are 2 more quests listed there, which are class-specific (one for hunter, the other for paladin and warrior) but I didn't check if they are doable and if they actually give the achievement.

The only way to obtain it in WotLK is to have the vanilla t2 headpiece that dropped from Onyxia,obtained from Onyxia(60) - not Nefarian,same with Naxxramas(60 - KT loot(t3) is necessary for the FoS).In 3.2.2. Onyxia was revamped for lvl 80,thus the achievment(FoS) can only be obtained through the coin shop here on warmane,but i' not sure about that.The original achievment doesn't exist anymore,it was converted to FoS in the mentioned patch.
    Those helms are not listed there. Are you sure they give the achievement? Also from what I found the ones that dropped from Onyxia seem to be same ones that drop from Nefarian.

8. May 5, 2018  
    There are some items listed here Onyxia's Lair (Level 60). None of them are available for points. They are available for coins but I did not get the achievement after purchasing Eskhandar's Collar so I guess it's not obtainable that way. There are 2 more quests listed there, which are class-specific (one for hunter, the other for paladin and warrior) but I didn't check if they are doable and if they actually give the achievement.

Those helms are not listed there. Are you sure they give the achievement? Also from what I found the ones that dropped from Onyxia seem to be same ones that drop from Nefarian.
    I do know for a fact that the Naxxramas(60) achievment were given for KT T3 pieces upon the systems implementation.Since i recieved Onyxia(60) achievment on retail without killing Nefarian when his loot changed(he got the t2 helms added),i assume it should work the same,because i remember a guildie not receiving the achievment after the updated Nefa kill.I'll see if i can reach him to clear things up,might've been a bug in the system that was fresh.

9. May 5, 2018  
    In my past experience, you also get achievements for doing a certain raid if you get an item from the appropriate boss (usually last boss in a raid, when applicable) via the marketplace. The reason achievements function like that is because Blizzard wanted to try and give achievevments to people retroactively and having said items was one of the easiest ways to identify it. So, perhaps you can give that a shot. See if there are any Onyxia items on the point shop.
    This might work, if Warmane hadn't totally scrapped the old vote point store and made it level 80 only items. (232 items from lvl 80 Onyxia available)
    You're talking about the old store from years ago, Mercy.

On retail in WOTLK, I found out how to get this feat of strength, at least as a huntard.
    Do the Rhok'Delar, Lok'Delar quest chains for the Bow/Staff. Can't remember which, but as soon as I looted one of them, instant Feat of Strength during WOTLK with 80 Onyxia Live.
    Edited: May 5, 2018

10. May 5, 2018  
    The quest chain is available but there is a bugged quest right before the quest that gives the achievement. Bug tracker link: https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/52125

I started the quest chain some time ago and reached the bugged quest this week. Everything else was working. But the achievement is currently unobtainable because of the bugged quest.
    If this bug is fixed, then its 100% way to get the achievement. That's how I got it, looonnnggg back.

11. May 5, 2018  
    I do know for a fact that the Naxxramas(60) achievment were given for KT T3 pieces upon the systems implementation.Since i recieved Onyxia(60) achievment on retail without killing Nefarian when his loot changed(he got the t2 helms added),i assume it should work the same,because i remember a guildie not receiving the achievment after the updated Nefa kill.I'll see if i can reach him to clear things up,might've been a bug in the system that was fresh.
    I don't think there has ever been a Naxxramas (Level 60) achievement. But buying items from store worked with TBC raid achievements. I did Nefarian recently. I don't remember what it dropped but none of the people in group got achievement from those items. I guess helms are removed from the achievement because Nefarian drops them. And since I didn't get achievement from the item I bought, all items might be removed from the achievement here.

I checked the other quests that give the achievement. The only one that should be doable is A Proper String, which is a hunter quest. So other classes can not get the achievement til the bugged quest is fixed.

12. May 5, 2018  
    I can confirm that the Rhok'delar hunter quest to gather the Mature Black Dragon Sinew gave me the Feat of Strength Onyxia's Lair (Level 60) and I know of non-hunters that got it from the AQ chain. I'm sure any other vanilla quest that requires you to kill Onyxia would also work, I don't know how many of those there are.
    These quest chains were not removed from the game until Cata and are still completely available, with varying degrees of bugginess of course. They'll be fixed eventually! It used to be that the AQ quests were bugged further in the chain where Nefarian didn't drop his head - but that's fixed and now but it's now bugged closer to the start of the chain. (If you're curious, bang-a-gong is not available.)

As for buying achievements out of the shop, I do recall getting my Hyjal achievement that way a long, long time ago but being unable to in the future - I assume it's been changed in one way or another so that you cannot do that.

13. May 5, 2018  
    I got it from AQ quest chain back on Molten too. But it doesn't seem like there are any other working quests that give the achievement right now. There are 3 more quests listed that give the achievement:
    Victory for the Alliance and Victory for the Horde - quests started by level 60 Head of Onyxia, which is unobtainable as far as I know.
    The Forging of Quel'Serrar - quest chain started by Foror's Compendium of Dragon Slaying, which no longer starts a quest in this patch.