1. May 5, 2018  

Best 2v2 Comps & bugs

Heyo, its been years since I played wotlk
    Im a gladiator on cata and panda.
    I would like to know your opinions of the potential of some 2s comps(Keep in mind that I know 2v2 is not balanced) and its pay to win.
    Also, PVP wise, how well is the server scripted, are there many bugs?

2. May 6, 2018  
    2v2 teams usually fall into two categories. Warr/dk + healer or CC/Burst as the focus. Few bad bugs like death grip having a minimum range exist
    Edited: May 6, 2018

3. May 6, 2018  
    arguably the best comb for 2's is warrior/pally. there are no negative bugs affecting you aswell. some other classes suffer a bit here and there. if you wanna go for a caster play ele/lock.

4. May 7, 2018  
    Death grip doesn't work in melee range for DK's and the gargoyle resilience scaling is a bit off. Warrior charge will take you under the map on Dalaran Arena sometimes also.

The best comps would be Lock, Sham UHDK, Spriest (If Dk worked right) and Rdruid, Awarr

All of these comps require good players to actually climb the ladder effectively, but when played correctly are pretty damn good. I have not played on Warmane for a while now but when I did play Hpala Awarr was the big trend. Hpala Awarr can be blown up pretty easily by spellcleaves though.
    Edited: May 7, 2018

5. May 7, 2018  
    Few bad bugs like death grip having a minimum range exist
    Death grip doesn't work in melee range for DK's
    Not a bug. This post and some of the ones after this provide more insight:
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post2906951

6. May 7, 2018  

7. May 7, 2018  
    This was addressed in the other thread I linked.

The people in that thread were concerned about the introduction of minimum range in PVE on the PTR. That never went through. Death Grip however always had a minimum range in PVP, and the patch didn't change this.

8. May 7, 2018  
    This was addressed in the other thread I linked.

The people in that thread were concerned about the introduction of minimum range in PVE on the PTR. That never went through. Death Grip however always had a minimum range in PVP, and the patch didn't change this.
    Look at these quotes from the forum post.

I don't understand why they don't just make it 8 yards when the target is a player or player pet and leave it at 35 for pve. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

Damn, no more bad DKs wasting Death Grip when they are like 5 yards away from you, always makes me laugh in PvP

Don't you just love when they make an obvious tanking nerf with the intent of nerfing pvp?

"Death Grip however always had a minimum range in PVP" -DarkenedHue

Stop spreading misinformation.

9. May 7, 2018  
    Those are a bunch of non-DK players commenting from a lack of understanding of how the spell worked.

Meanwhile, from actual DK pvpers on arenajunkies, you have these:

i think this is just a tooltip update tbh
    i've always had to be a bit away from something i wanted to dg
    It is. You've never been able to DG from melee range and by melee range I mean sitting on somebody.
    TOOLTIP UPDATE. NOTHING TO SEE HERE. MOVE ALONG.

If nothing else it makes me sad that all these DKs apparently never interrupt casts by running out of melee range.
    i don't see a nerf. Atm you need >5y or so to interrupt a cast or so, nothing changes
    You had to run out of meleerange to interrupt with deathgrip anyway, so nothing really changes in pvp. Its a pve Tank-DK nerf. Dunno why they did this since warriors basically get a taunt every gcd with vigilance.
    any dk that doesn't realize we already had a minimum range is ******ed beyond belief
    There's also a wealth of videos that make the presence of minimum range requirement painfully evident.

Are you trolling or what? Did you really read my post?

1. https://youtu.be/BYK6OkFwbv8?t=4m16s (Retail 3.3.5a)
    At 4:18 DK presses Death Grip > nothing happens > "Target too close" at center of screen

2. https://youtu.be/ufVSmB_hH0s?t=4m25s
    At 4:27 DK presses Death Grip > nothing happens > "Target too close" at center of screen

3. http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=145367 (Retail 3.3.3a)
    At 11:07 DK presses Death Grip > nothing happens > "Target too close" at center of screen

So, this is not enough to make you doubt "minimum range" is not a bug ? (at least on PvP)
    https://youtu.be/1_DGS0t-zSY?t=5m1s

When talking about interrupting a Hpally's casts through AM: "He stunned the first one, and I called out that I had the next one so I backed up for the Death Grip."

https://youtu.be/1_DGS0t-zSY?t=2m31s

"Aura Mastery's up, gonna gnaw the first one. Gonna get ready to DG the next heal." We see the DK walking back as he talks about "getting ready to DG the next heal".

If these don't mean anything to you then you're being delusional and desperate to convince yourself that a bug exists where there isn't one.
    Edited: June 5, 2018

10. May 7, 2018  
    Those are a bunch of non-DK players commenting from a lack of understanding of how the spell worked.

Meanwhile, from actual DK players on arenajunkies, you have these:

There's also a wealth of videos that make the presence of minimum range requirement painfully evident.

If these don't mean anything to you then you're being delusional and desperate to convince yourself that a bug exists where there isn't one.

I have a few point to address.

A) In the posts on Arena Junkies it says there was a 5yrd minimum range always
    B) In one of the posts it says grips range has always been bugged
    C) How do you know which patch these movies were recorded on? In alot of them it says they were recorded weeks ago.
    D)https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/2794649737

It amazes me how this has gone unfixed for nearly 3 years now and any discussion on it is immediately shut down.

11. May 7, 2018  
    A) Whether the minimum range was 5 yards of 8 yards remains to be determined, I think.

B) Well, there's always that one guy that cries about some obscure bug that he thinks exists.

C) Two of those videos were clearly recorded pre-4.0.1. There's some obvious giveaways like the Death Knights being in Blood Presence for damage (post 4.0.1, Frost Presence became the DPS stance). Biologyst's video has a Feb 2009 upload date. The vid from WCM is from April 2010.

D) This thread is from Cataclysm.

It amazes me how this has gone unfixed for nearly 3 years now and any discussion on it is immediately shut down.
    It's gone "unfixed" because there's nothing to fix. I'm not attempting to shut down the discussion. I'm presenting the mountain of evidence in favour of the existence of the minimum range.

12. May 7, 2018  
    What should be the fix?
    DG = no minimum range at all on pvp target ?

13. May 7, 2018  
    What should be the fix?
    DG = no minimum range at all on pvp target ?
    Yes. I want them to fix it and remove the minimum range. I would actually install the client and play again if that was the case.

14. May 7, 2018  
    Fine.
    Do you have any proofs it should not have a minimum range on PvP target during 3.3.5a ?

15. May 7, 2018  
    Fine.
    Do you have any proofs it should not have a minimum range on PvP target during 3.3.5a ?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...(minimum-8yrds

Also the fact that there is no documented change to death grips range or blizzard addresign the fact that there "was" a minimum range EVER on death grip.

12 Last