1. May 6, 2018  

Back to the Cataclysm

This suggestion comes from: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=381718
    As I've seen Palutena suggested someone to remake thread on Suggestions & Changes so I've decided to do that.

Well basically the main reason of making this thread is, as you can feel by thread title, bringing back Cataclysm to Warmane. I'll skip the intro saying 'Oh we all miss old times of Cataclysm when it was the most played realm, please bring it back to life etc etc' so I will get straight to the point and share my idea and see who agrees and who wants something different.
    Ideas:
    - Server wipe was good idea because 80% of players on the realm has BiS gear that they got right after Moltenwow wipe by TRADING COINS from friends accounts that weren't even playing anymore. My idea about server wipe is to remove every single character, refund 5-15% of all coins spent (people shouldn't cry over refund on coins as their coins are sitting now on realm being worthless anyway),
    - If you want to keep Cataclysm alive right after wipe, you have to open/fix every old content just like you did on WOTLK. It was awful to force people to vote if they were about to farm any kind of transmog. Also WOTLK content on Cataclysm can't be soloed, so It would be another challenge to farm any kind of transmog + achievements,
    - Reduce possibilities of shop on starting realm. Disable character boosts and never open Coin shop for end game gear, let people farm them by themselves. Let vote points be used for Name change, faction/race changes and stuff like that, and Coin shop utility oriented (mounts, bags, low ilvl gear to start with) instead of Pay to Win because that's what makes people stop playing it.

Conclusion:
    As you are not making any profit right now from Cataclysm realm, I feel like there is nothing to lose and we are all ready to take the risk of this situation. The words I wrote wasn't used to insult anyone or start any drama, that was my point of view as I've been waiting for Cataclysm to come back for so long already. As I've shared the same idea with some friends, they liked it, I felt like others might like and agree with me as well.

Feel free to keep this thread alive and let us all Cataclysm lovers be heard once again!

2. May 6, 2018  
    This suggestion comes from: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=381718
    As I've seen Palutena suggested someone to remake thread on Suggestions & Changes so I've decided to do that.

Well basically the main reason of making this thread is, as you can feel by thread title, bringing back Cataclysm to Warmane. I'll skip the intro saying 'Oh we all miss old times of Cataclysm when it was the most played realm, please bring it back to life etc etc' so I will get straight to the point and share my idea and see who agrees and who wants something different.
    Ideas:
    - Server wipe was good idea because 80% of players on the realm has BiS gear that they got right after Moltenwow wipe by TRADING COINS from friends accounts that weren't even playing anymore. My idea about server wipe is to remove every single character, refund 5-15% of all coins spent (people shouldn't cry over refund on coins as their coins are sitting now on realm being worthless anyway),
    - If you want to keep Cataclysm alive right after wipe, you have to open/fix every old content just like you did on WOTLK. It was awful to force people to vote if they were about to farm any kind of transmog. Also WOTLK content on Cataclysm can't be soloed, so It would be another challenge to farm any kind of transmog + achievements,
    - Reduce possibilities of shop on starting realm. Disable character boosts and never open Coin shop for end game gear, let people farm them by themselves. Let vote points be used for Name change, faction/race changes and stuff like that, and Coin shop utility oriented (mounts, bags, low ilvl gear to start with) instead of Pay to Win because that's what makes people stop playing it.

Conclusion:
    As you are not making any profit right now from Cataclysm realm, I feel like there is nothing to lose and we are all ready to take the risk of this situation. The words I wrote wasn't used to insult anyone or start any drama, that was my point of view as I've been waiting for Cataclysm to come back for so long already. As I've shared the same idea with some friends, they liked it, I felt like others might like and agree with me as well.

Feel free to keep this thread alive and let us all Cataclysm lovers be heard once again!
    players will not come from nowhere , the only way to revive neltharion is taking decision to Really Fix neltharion , and open transfers from wotlk/tbc to catac, just my suggestions , a server wipe will just reduce the population more and makes current players leave

3. May 6, 2018  
    A wipe alone wont bring the players back.
    Cata would need to be reworked from the scratch with a PTR that is runing for several months and then the release of a progressive x1 realm which is mostly bug free.
    I don't see this happen though. Warmane is currently too busy with TBC and I have my doubts that a new Cata realm would be popular enough to be worth the effort.

4. May 6, 2018  
    Neltharion should definetly get a rework. I'm down for a populated Cata server anytime.

5. May 6, 2018  
    As souna stated, the best thing to do right now is to let people change their characters from wotlk to cata and so on, because I am sure people will be interested in trying something new in both PvE and PvP aspects.

6. May 6, 2018  
    As souna stated, the best thing to do right now is to let people change their characters from wotlk to cata and so on, because I am sure people will be interested in trying something new in both PvE and PvP aspects.
    The problem might come once someone that just came from wotlk (he was BiS out there) meets BiS Cataclysm characters that everyone has out there. Server needs to be cleared somehow, 90% of players are overgeared out there by trading coins right after molten wipe. Still once server is clean, I like the idea of transfers or char copy transfer from WOTLK, having SM and BiS WOTLK gear would not affect much fresh Cataclysm players anyway as their gear will be worthless at 85.

Also @Jakkre I do not agree with x1 realm, nobody has time for that no matter what expansion.

7. May 10, 2018  
    Complete bullshït.

8. May 10, 2018  
    There's already a much older similar thread (which was in fact created in reply to Palutena's suggestion) - http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=381822