1. May 6, 2018  

[PvE] Axe or Swords for Arms Warriors?

Hey guys,

I am currently raiding T5 content as an Arms Warrior. My setup in raids is most of the time with an Enhancement Shaman and a Feral Druid. Recently, Gorehowl dropped and when I compared it to my S1 Gladiator sword, I noticed that the difference was not so big. I should also specify that I passed Gorehowl three times in my life because I sincerely think that Swords are better than Axes but I am still hesitating.

I am currently at 2860 GS (just to give an average Idea about my iLvl). Raid buffed, I am at 33% crit without the Axe spec and at 9.10% hit when my Sword is equipped. Should I roll for Gorehowl the next time it drops or stick with my S1 2H Sword? Are also 2H Axes better than 2H Swords?

Please help me with that! Any answer is more than welcome!:)

2. May 7, 2018  
    at lower gear I would say axe is definetly better, also depends what race you are, axe better obviously for orc and sword for humans. but anyway if you compare gorehowl and s1 sword, gorehowl is clearly better. one thing to keep in mind if youre raid have a moonkin you will only need 6 % hit to reach hitcap.

3. May 10, 2018  
    5% double hit is way more strong than 5% hit, also gives more rage ect, but then I you are Orc idk. to me swords > axes.

4. May 10, 2018  
    If exactly same stats swords>axes, but it rarely happens,so just use the better wep. If you are an orc the difference becomes very little, swords being still slightly better.

5. May 10, 2018  
    Sword is superior, there are cases where an Axe can pull ahead but typically Gorehowl vs S1 is not one of them. As an Orc the Expertise racial could tip the scale though if you're comparing Sword vs Axe, it'd be close either way and you're not going to have any meaningful difference.

Check out my gearing sheet (now being maintained by illuminate guys) for some guidance. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=409640137

Your bigger concern should be focussing on getting a T5/T6 level weapon upgrade, rather than switching between sidegrades that will have no real world difference.
    Edited: May 10, 2018