1. May 8, 2018  

New to Wow, Lorderon or Icecrown?

I'll keep this short, I'm new to Wow and interested in an investing experience, I hear there's crazy impossible bottlenecks at endgame on lorderon but the climb up is fulfilling and authentic, while Icecrown is more accessible with non bottleneck endgame that's actually clearable and lots of pvp, but crazy fast exp, and people can just purchase the gear they want.. thoughts please to help me find a home?

Sorry if this is a bad section to post this.
    Edited: May 8, 2018

2. May 8, 2018  
    Depends what you want.

Leveling:
    Icecrown: 7x xp rates. Will take abut 1 day played time for a player who knows that they are doing to hit lvl 80
    Lord: 1x xp rates. Will take about 7 days played time to hit 80.

Dungeons:
    Icecrown - 7x xp will mean you will outlevel gear during the dungeon run. But you will get dungeon queues.
    Lord: You can run everything and not outlevel them. But queues take a long time, especially for dps. Off peak you may not even get any queues.

End game:
    Icecrown - you can run everything, and you'll gear up somewhat quick since a lot of others already have good gear. Access to solo previous expansion raid content to see what it was like.
    Lord - Pretty much ONLY the last two raids are run in random groups - and most fail to complete them. You will be hard pressed to find runs for any of the early raids. Old raid content is buffed and can not be solo'd without extreme prep.

TLDR -
    Icecrown if you want to see all the content.
    Lorderon if you want a time sink + challenge. It is blizzlike- but things are buffed past what they were on live servers. You'll need to spend hours proving yourself to get into a guild that can run MOST of the content. Hardly anything is running outside Noon-Midnight server time.

3. May 20, 2018  
    I was looking for such information for the questions in my mind. Superb explanation DefectiveSup. Thank you very much.

4. May 21, 2018  
    I would say that Lord is often shown as "hardcore" realm, but in other hand it is way easier here than in Icecrown.

Currently I'm casual player - kids, home etc - and don't have time for raids.
    I found questing and dungeon runs on Lord waaaay more entertaining than pug-like ICC raids on Icecrown, not to mention overpopulated zones, where it is hard to quest and even lvl up professions.

5. May 31, 2018  
    I'll keep this short, I'm new to Wow and interested in an investing experience, I hear there's crazy impossible bottlenecks at endgame on lorderon but the climb up is fulfilling and authentic, while Icecrown is more accessible with non bottleneck endgame that's actually clearable and lots of pvp, but crazy fast exp, and people can just purchase the gear they want.. thoughts please to help me find a home?

Sorry if this is a bad section to post this.
    Seems like you're looking for authenticity and some great players. If that's the case, Lordaeron would be your answer.

But if you have a multitasking schedule and is more keen on endgame content, then Icecrown is your answer. This is because the amount of grinding you have to spent in Lordaeron can lose your motivation, esp around levels 35-57.

But to me, the quality of players in Lordaeron just trumps any form of convenience Icecrown has to offer.