1. May 8, 2018  

New on the Server - Leveling (Gold/Casting?!)

Hey,
    I just started playing here .. quit playing WoW like 5years ago and always had the most fun playing BC back in the days.
    Now I thought i'd give it a try and level up a priest (like i always had), but its painstaking to be honest...
    the 5x exp Bonus is nice and all .. but im running soooo low on Gold i cant even afford a Flight once in a while because i have to settle for new skills at my class trainer and LOTS AND LOTS of water from the vendor.

Now...
    Is there something i am missing ?! Is there a catch to get some more Gold thats different from the live servers back then?
    I mean I get it, you wont make that much Gold off of quests because u dont have to do as much of them due to the exp bonus. But its harsh that I cant even buy a Wand or some **** thats gonna help me retain mana and still be able to grind somewhat decent with a stack of water ^^

Thanks for catching me up!!!!

Chapka

2. May 8, 2018  
    It's not easy starting out on a new server, especially since TBC has fewer quests per zone than later expansions.
    It is possible to make enough to buy skills and food/water without a huge amount of effort.
    Save ALL of the cloth you collect, and sell it on the Auction House. A stack of 20 Linen Cloth goes for 1 Gold here, which is nothing at end-game, but in the beginning it can be a huge help. They tend to sell pretty quickly, so stick them on the Auction House before bed.

Glad to see you on the server, and hope you can earn a bit this way!

3. May 8, 2018  
    The 5x Exp rate means that you level faster than you are intended to, hence you get less gold from various quests and vendoring than might be needed. That being said, you can AH things and easily make enough as Palaye said

4. May 8, 2018  
    You should also not worry about picking up all the skills right off the back. Once you get to outlands you will be ok gold wise and gear wise. Do not worry about picking items up on the AH while leveling and as others have mention sell everyone on the AH.

I hit lv61 on my priest with a lv3 mace. lol

5. May 8, 2018  
    When I lvl a priest here I ran into the same problems. If you go into wand specialization and keep up on the weapon you can wand stuff to death after you soften them up with a smite or two, saves a lot of mana but becomes a lot less effective if you get into a zone that out does the wand.

Copper ore/bar sells for a surprising amount on the weekends and there is a ton of it in starting zones, or you could by coins and trade for gold.

6. May 8, 2018  
    Last night on alliance side, Heavy Leather was 17 gold a stack.

7. May 11, 2018  
    I just hit lvl 70 yesterday with around 700g, the best thing I found was just to sell everything you can on the AH and only buy skills that you are going to use often, like I am a feral druid so only bought some of my heals and all my feral skills and just skipped balance all together hope this helps.