1. May 8, 2018  

Demo - Felguard or Imp

Hey,

I have read all the topics about what pet to use as a demo warlock but they all from different times. From '16 to end of '17.
    As i tested (on dummy btw) i found that imp is better, but i saw some lock with guard, and some of them 100% sure that its dps is now correct.
    But in the bugtracker the topic from felguard's lvl80 stat is still depending, and there are a lot + for it.
    Any of u can tell me that what is the point nowadays?

Regards,

2. May 8, 2018  
    Use the Felguard. Dummy tests aren't a good basis for comparison because your Felguard is missing 20% Melee Haste, Sunder Armor, Savage Combat, Gbok, Gbom, etc. Your imp is less dependent on raid buffs because as a Demo Lock you're already providing it some of the biggest buffs it needs.

The Felguard also provides you with a stronger Master Demonologist perk.

3. May 9, 2018  
    Thanks. It's enough to know that felguards stats are ok. :)

4. May 11, 2018  
    Also spend last two weeks with same question. I screenshoted logs from marro and bq icc25n, and a lot of voa, cause most of it ii had all buffs to compare it. In my gear result was ~16% dmg for fg, ~20% for imp. Also if u check real fights there will be soulfire+inci >=sb+corruption dmg, so if u have more fire crit it will boost half of your cahr dmg for another 5%.
    For buff comparisson there are also Spell Power buffs and curses, crit and so on, that can be compared with melee bufs. Melee buffs had more haste, but also there are glacing bowls, ~27% aa hit hard cap, that can't be reached. In case of imp 17% hit same as your char for spells, also 200% crit modifier instead of 150% for melee.
    Another test i done was on training dummy with pet attacking it for 1min (all procing items removed to obtain clear data). It was 40k dmg fg, and 56k dmg imp for 1 min. If i will increase it proportionaly to increasing my pet's dps for icc 25raid it will be near 30k-40k damage difference for 1.5 min fight.
    I choose imp now. But i'm still sure that there will be cases especially for 10-man raids, where i can use fg more effective, and talent tree is better with fg.
    And what about demonic knowledge, i compared it 3 times with nude char, buffed one, and full raid buffed. In all cases i had 3-10 more SP more with imp (cause it's depends not only from stamina, but also from intellect)
    What do u think about it? I compared it with my gear (6k gs). Maybe smb done same work with higher gear?

5. May 11, 2018  
    Using pugs as a basis for damage comparison almost guarantees that the data will be incomplete due to missing buffs like Sunder Armour. Not to mention the extra 4 talent point investment just to maximize the Imp. As far as Lich King or Halion 25hc are concerned, the Felguard's Master Demonologist buff is just straight up better for the increased Seed of Corruption damage and 5% damage reduction buff.

Your Felguard doesn't have a 27% miss chance, nor does it crit for only 150%. I'm not clear why you brought up the Glancing blows. What I said in my previous post about the Felguard not getting buffed by you to the same degree as your imp is undeniable.

6. May 11, 2018  
    Oh, i really messed up with basic melee stats. My bad 200% crit, and 8%hit for aa enough. I talked about glacing bowls cause i was coomparing buffs for pet like " demonic pact for imp, BoM for fg; coe for imp, sunder armor for fg (according to dmg reduction from armor table for bosses with ~13700armor it will be near 6% physical damage increasing, so here coe wins)". And glacing bowls will reduce AP buff effectivness.
    But FG still will have benefits from both SP buffs through warlock, and just AP buffs.
    Okay and now i have again question, is this boost from full buff raid enough to overcome % of fire crit. Cause i'm more interested in bosses DPS than aoe on trash, to focus on improving my seed of corruption.
    I need again to screen a lot again, oh my.(

7. May 11, 2018  
    Bosses have 10643 armor. 5x Sunder in conjunction with Faerie Fire and Savage Combat increase physical damage by a bit over 13%. I assumed you had used the lvl 83 dummy for your test, but if you hadn't that explains why you included the glancing blows.

The two fights I mentioned heavily feature Seed spam as a part of the boss encounter itself, I wasn't talking about increasing DPS on trash.

8. May 11, 2018  
    On wed i was on a 8/12 hc run with guild, and my felguard did 1550 dps overall. And, maybe the felguard spec with raid buff is better than the imp, but i have to say that this dps for a felguard is a sht... (6160 gs)