1. May 8, 2018  

GOLD Guild Recruiting All Levels for 25 Player Content

Hi,

I want to introduce you to GOLD guild and invite you to join us in conquering the Burning Crusade together!

Our guild, "Gold" (Think: Heart of Gold, Quality, Devotion, Kindness, Light Filled!) was a very large guild from the original retail version of WOW. Our Core founders are a group of IRL friends and family who have over 10 years experience with WOW, BC, and each successive expansion. After much research, we chose this server as a new home because of our love for the BC xpack. Having built and lead the Original Gold Guild to over 250 members, I know what it takes to keep the guild moving in a positive successful uptrend (where all players are improving their skills, upgrading gear on a regular basis, and working together to conquer the hardest content.) It is an enormous effort of teamwork involved in getting raids together with players of the proper class, well equipped, add-ons, and of course coordination of play in order to beat the bosses! We were doing 40 player raids several times per week with increasing success. Thankfully here we only need 25 real human beings to come together for victory. Experience in guild management and knowledgeable leadership is the key to true success. We have this to offer. We will not carry any player thru dungeons, we expect all members to be willing to contribute with potions, gear, etc. We use our guild bank in a very highly organized manner.

We are now in our 4th week on the server and have grown to 60 members (non-ALTS). This past week we formed 2 Kara groups (needing to PUG 4 players for the second group). Our plan is to get a core player base able to raid together in all time zones. This server truly has a global player base and we respect and welcome all nationalities and cultures. Diversification is a key component to learning and growing, we encourage exchange of ideas and approaches to game play.

Our founding members are playing in EST (UTC+5) however we have about 1/3 of our members with global spread of timezones. Ideally, I would like to build this with 2 cores covering 12 hour timezone differences. I would like to have 24/7 activity in the guild and enough players that 5 man dungeons and quests can be built using guild chat and not as much dependency on global.

Our Rules:
    We play the game to have fun together, FUN first, while maintaining the highest respect for using abilities to the highest degree during battle.
    We try to PUG as little as possible, as we know that coordinating a PUG is hopeless as higher tier content requires experience teamwork over many weeks.
    As of now, we run 2 KARA groups weekly, Roll rules are purely conscious based. A player may win (1) Roll Item per raid, until all other players of the same class have also won a role, or all others pass. There are 11 bosses dropping 2 items per, plus BoE epics, so this is over 24 epic items per 10 man raid per week.
    We will be including Roll points awarded to long standing members, but not until we begin regular 25 player raids.
    YOU WILL GET GEAR if you join us, contribute and attend raids regularly.
    YOU WILL find a friendly, knowledgeable, respectful atmosphere with all guild members and activities.
    We know that we need all players to ^gear up^ in order to have success with T4-T5 content. We want you to get the best gear for your class, as much and as soon as possible.
    We welcome suggestions during raids of alternate approaches to winning battles, we don't just carry players with all heals on MT like many guilds.
    We use voice chat (Discord/Twitch) during raids so that all players are cognizant and aware of the demands at hand.
    We allow ALTs in the guild, however ALTS may never roll on an item unless all Mains have passed.
    We will not use or implement a DKP system. We know most DKP systems are a way of getting all the good gear to the officers. At the same time, we will use simple, flat roll points to ensure that guild seniority is rewarded with gear. We do not want all of our hard work leaving on a /gquit after 24 other players have worked so hard to conquer the content.
    We grow together, we win together!

Our current status is running 2 KARA groups per week with a partial PUG of Grul. We raid on weekends and also during the week. After only 3 weeks, we now have many members able to run Heroic modes for all dungeons. We like to help each other with getting rep and gear with the 5 player content a well. I will try to keep things interesting and moving forward.

If you are new to WOW, your first time playing, GOLD is an excellent home due to the experienced player base. There is almost always several 10 year veterans online at any time able to point you in the right direction.

We welcome all classes, and all levels. You do not need to be an experienced level 70 to join us. We recognize that behind every character there is a real true human being with all the same rights, respects and privileges equal to all.

I personally am from the United States, however I also lived and worked in Europe for two years (Netherlands). I love diverse cultures and languages. By trade I am a long time Computer Systems Engineer/Analyst who wrote and built systems very similar to the battle.net. I am not the Most WOW savvy of our members, (the other founders know WOW inside and out) but they asked me to lead because of my IRL experience in running a large business and former Guild building success.

Please feel free to pst me in game DocJohn or Johon for a trial invite. You will quickly be promoted once we know your commitment to the guild.

Thanks for reading this long rant, if you made it this far you probably will be raiding with GOLD very soon! Hope to meet you there!
    DocJohn

2. May 8, 2018  
    Is this for Horde or Alliance?
    /e And are there any particular class or specs you are looking for for your UTC-5 raid slot?
    Edited: May 8, 2018

3. May 10, 2018  
    Hey, im new at WOW, never played vanilla or anything but i'm willing to learn to contribute to the guild.