1. May 10, 2018  

So a guildie and friend is going to join the military...

And suggested that he could leave his main character in my possession, for continued progression and for general safe-keeping while he's deployed. While I was initially uneasy with this idea (As his character is his), I thought I'd go poking around to see if it could even be done safely on Warmane. So far as I can tell, there are only two ways this could be done: To give me his login information, and I'll take over the whole account (Which I don't particularly like, either), or to put the character up on the market and let me purchase it (Which I also don't like, for the obvious. Someone else might snag it, I'd have to drop money I don't currently have, ect.)

So I was wondering, if this is something he -really- wants to do, is there some way for him to open a ticket on the site and have the character transferred over to my account? That's the safest way, in my mind, to ensure that he doesn't have to give up any account information to me, and so he can ensure I'm the one receiving the character rather than some other rando whose been stalking the trade markets.

2. May 10, 2018  
    No, as you've said there are only 2 ways.
    Either purchase character or have his login info which he gives to you.

Imagine if everyone started requesting this; what would be the point of character trade then?

He can also enable 2 step auth, and give you the code on given days of week so you can play only on specific days.

That should clear up the question above.

3. May 10, 2018  
    I was just asking for clarification, so I can relay the information to him. I didn't expect that 'my way' would be viable, but I also don't want him to potentially lose everything, either.

4. May 10, 2018  
    Why would he lose anything if you are a "friend" ?
    Also using a 2 step auth his character won't lose anything, it will simply collect dust when he returns (if he is a premium he does not even need to log in to his account once in a while).

5. May 10, 2018  
    Sounds more like is he worried about account sharing which I honestly don't know if it is bannable or not. I feel like probably not, but the rules on this server are so inconsistent, hard to say.

6. May 10, 2018  
    I'm referencing using the Character Trade system, which has a slim chance of someone taking his character before I can purchase it.