1. May 11, 2018  

Mutlitate, which spec ?

Hi everyone, i was just planning to play some mutilate pvp template, but i wonder which one.

Is it really important to get the stealth enhance in sub tree or should i go deep assassination or the dual spec + sprint ?
    Is gouge enhance good at all ? I remember it was used a lot before 2.4.3.

here are some google drive with spec i'm looking at : https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...FhJS2J6NUFjdU0

do you have any advices, tips or preferences in mutilates templates ?

2. May 11, 2018  
    If this is for PvP then I can save you the trouble by saying it will never be viable for anything else but playing around with in BGs. But any serious opponent will tear you to pieces.

The spec simply lacks too much and mutilate is a very poorly designed ability. Firstly because you lose the 50% bonus if your target is not poisoned, secondly it works poorly with the Seal Fate talent as you tend to "over-cap" on combo points and thirdly backstab tends to do more damage as it crits more often than mutilate (mutilate is 2x 1h hits and the chance for both to crit is far lower compared to Backstab.
    You have little mobility due to no Shadowstep and using a 5-CP KS to restealth wastes the usefulness of your Find Weakness talent.
    You also miss out on Preparation, improved stealth sight, a lot of attack power and agility, cheat death, premeditation for 5CP Expose Armor and reduced energy cost on Garrote/CS which you will use a lot.

3. May 11, 2018  
    Well yes i was talking about pvp and more accuratly about 2s and 3s.
    Actually i think it depend with which class you play with.

With a Rogue/Mage composition, yes, i will miss the Prep + Shs, that's sure.
    However, what about rogue + heal comp ? I think you don't miss so much the prep and Shs if played well. You have extra heals, extra resists to slows + ms buff.

Also, in 3s and 5s compo, the KS buff is huge isn't it ?

4. May 11, 2018  
    The KS buff is not bad, but nowhere near enough to compensate you for the loss of the additional damage Hemorrhage provides, the less energy requirement on CS/Garrote, Cheath Death, the insane loss of AP thnx to no 10% AP and 15% agil buffs and most crucial of all, the loss of Shadowstep. No matter how you slice the cake, Subtlety will come out on top no matter what PvP area you are interested in and no matter if you roll dagger or sword/mace/fist.