1. May 31, 2018  
    I personally could not care less about the feature. I think my class sets in both TBC and Wrath look great.
    But I would say that there are plus sides to it, and not really any downsides. My own personal opinion in the grand scheme means little. What matters is the well-being of the server and community as a whole.
    Most people play these servers because they want to experience a quality recreation of an old version of the game. Adding something that wasn't present during that said expansion does go against that. A decent compromise would be to make it toggle-able so people who don't wish to see transmog are happy, and people who wish to build and showoff grand sets are happy as well.

2. June 1, 2018  
    Please add transmog, make it difficult to obtain like on icecrown; it really is cool and fun to transmog your character imo.

3. June 1, 2018  
    I agree, add transmog, I really think the transmog system on icecrown is a lot of fun. Hard to get full xmog, so not everyone has it, making those who do have full xmog stand out. It also gives those with really good gear a something to strive for. Why do BGs/Dungeons once your bis? Because of that elusive scroll of deception. In addition, it certainly would generate additional profits for Warmane which of course is beneficial.
    Edited: June 2, 2018 Reason: to clarify

4. June 4, 2018  
    I personally could not care less about the feature. I think my class sets in both TBC and Wrath look great.
    But I would say that there are plus sides to it, and not really any downsides. My own personal opinion in the grand scheme means little. What matters is the well-being of the server and community as a whole.
    The downside is that a lot (I dare say, most) people play on private servers for nostalgia reasons, and this would definitely change the image of the server quite a bit, and for me and I think a lot of other people would hinder the nostalgia feeling you get from playing here. Personally, I like that when I see someone in a full set of gear I know about where their character is at in progression, I don't think that's "silly" I think that's a legitimate feature about TBC that I don't like about live today. On live, my brand new alts look like they just went 12 rounds with the baddest raid content and pvpers in the game, yet they are in full garbage and I may or may not even know how to press the buttons correctly yet. When I see an orc warrior on here in full season 3 and a stormherald, immediately I know i'm dealing with a bad MF'er, and same goes for when other people see my priest in full gear in a bg, they know i'm healing for more than tooltip and enemies know it's not going to be an easy task to take me down. I think that's great, and surely impacts the game.

I can see why a lot of people like it, because it does add something to do, but in reality we are only dealing with 2 expansions worth of content here. I think there's clearly more downside to transmog than there is for something like dual-spec which I think most people find to be a welcome quality of life change.

Honestly, the more I think about it. I don't even think its arguable.

5. June 4, 2018  
    The downside is that a lot (I dare say, most) people play on private servers for nostalgia reasons, and this would definitely change the image of the server quite a bit, and for me and I think a lot of other people would hinder the nostalgia feeling you get from playing here. Personally, I like that when I see someone in a full set of gear I know about where their character is at in progression, I don't think that's "silly" I think that's a legitimate feature about TBC that I don't like about live today.
    Agreed. And I don't think this is an illegitimate argument. It's just as valid as the other side, who doesn't want their gear to look the way that it does.

6. June 4, 2018  
    +1 for this

7. June 4, 2018  
    just for the record i dont care either way but...

something no one has thought about here
    is that all lower level gear will be top dollar on ah
    so the econamy gets trashed but everyone looks cool.
    maybe they can hold gold squishes more often then.

8. June 5, 2018  
    Most people play these servers because they want to experience a quality recreation of an old version of the game. Adding something that wasn't present during that said expansion does go against that. A decent compromise would be to make it toggle-able so people who don't wish to see transmog are happy, and people who wish to build and showoff grand sets are happy as well.
    The downside is that a lot (I dare say, most) people play on private servers for nostalgia reasons, and this would definitely change the image of the server quite a bit, and for me and I think a lot of other people would hinder the nostalgia feeling you get from playing here. Personally, I like that when I see someone in a full set of gear I know about where their character is at in progression, I don't think that's "silly" I think that's a legitimate feature about TBC that I don't like about live today. On live, my brand new alts look like they just went 12 rounds with the baddest raid content and pvpers in the game, yet they are in full garbage and I may or may not even know how to press the buttons correctly yet. When I see an orc warrior on here in full season 3 and a stormherald, immediately I know i'm dealing with a bad MF'er, and same goes for when other people see my priest in full gear in a bg, they know i'm healing for more than tooltip and enemies know it's not going to be an easy task to take me down. I think that's great, and surely impacts the game.

I can see why a lot of people like it, because it does add something to do, but in reality we are only dealing with 2 expansions worth of content here. I think there's clearly more downside to transmog than there is for something like dual-spec which I think most people find to be a welcome quality of life change.

Honestly, the more I think about it. I don't even think its arguable.
    @Both of you, I appreciate your feedback. I hadn't thought about it that way, and what you say is true. It is feasible to have an option to turn it off, too. If transmog were to be implemented - not saying that it is being considered by the staff, because it's not - then I would say it would have to be an opt-in system that would not be visible by the players by default.

just for the record i dont care either way but...

something no one has thought about here
    is that all lower level gear will be top dollar on ah
    so the econamy gets trashed but everyone looks cool.
    maybe they can hold gold squishes more often then.
    This is also a valid point, because in TBC on a high rate realm especially, buying greens on the Auction House is imperative to the progression of a character in many cases.

First ... 234