1. May 12, 2018  

What makes a character hot on the market?

It seems things are different from what they use to be when the server first started. I want to get rid of all my alliance characters. What's the best thing I can work on to make a character worth buying? Also do you notice any specific combo of classes selling easier than others? EDIT: I don't want to make a double post but I have the same question for the wotlk Icecrown server too.
    Edited: May 13, 2018

2. May 13, 2018  
    Lower the price and spam on global chat :)

3. May 13, 2018  
    Attunements. Reps for Heroics is mediocre, Tier 5/6 is desirable.

4. May 13, 2018  
    I have Shadow priest,3200 gs.t5 set,hyjal belt etc...All HC keys,60% flying,both professions on max,9 k gold,yet i cant sell it for soon to be 2 months.

I did not have single offer.I had 2 /w in total from people who asked me does my char have pvp gear.

I tried selling it in full rare items,half naked,i ever offered 50% coin refund (i'm not offering refund no more)

I'm trying to sell paladin i got atm.3300 pvp gs,15 days of spaming,not a single offer.

It took me over 1 month to sell first paladin 3100 pvp gs,and it took me quite some time to sell full s1 druid.

All in all,don't bother selling characters if they do not have full endgame gear.Atm t6/s3 and even then,good luck finding someone to buy it.

Most of the time people who whisp are those people who ask 'what's coins,how do i get coins,don't be a piece of **** person and delete items,let buyer have all,wow your char is overpriced' and things like that.

5. May 14, 2018  
    sold two, and i'd say well-written ads. I'm guessing most people are just mouseovering down the list, skimming briefly through every description.

Also it sucks, but deleting easily-replaced slots, for example maybe deleting a Heroic or Badge item for a slot that could be filled by a BOE Auction house epic. Yes it will lower the price but better than waiting around for weeks/months. And make sure you note this in the ad too - items deleted for quick sale, easily replaced with BOE etc

6. May 14, 2018  
    Being the person that sold countless characters on any given expansions (around 50 toons) following affects the sale mostly;

The arena points and the honor points.
    Offset (current season) that does not affect the price
    S3 Gear that does not affect the price
    Boe items that do not affect the price

Atunements leading up to Black Temple/Hyal
    Badges of Justice
    Exalted reputations (Aldor/Scryer, Head enchants).

And lastly, epic flying mounts.

I see over 95% of sales being way too stupid and that is the reason people are not being able to sell the character.
    Who in their mind would pay for the half blue geared toon 130coins.
    Who in their mind would pay 500 coins (post s2) for s3 toon with only full pvp gear.
    Only thing that goes for 350-500 coins is ; A full s3 toons with several BT items. A full t6 character with BIS. A gladiator title character.

Everything else is pointless.
    I laughed recently when i said to one of people that he won't sell the mage for 280 coins full s2(2 parts s3).
    He said I'll sell it.
    Guess what? I saw that mage being stuck in trade for 215 coins for 2 weeks in a row.
    And many more examples like that.
    Current pricing is full s3 (without any pve gear Bt wise) for 200-280 coins depending on the class and specc/faction.

7. May 14, 2018  
    T6 attunement I'd imagine. For raiders anyway.

I know my guild literally cares about nothing else. Gear is worthless, we can gear you in 2 weeks. But if you can't raid with us, then you have zero value. A green geared T6 attuned player is > Bis T5 geared toon who still needs vials, IMO.

8. May 15, 2018  

The arena points and the honor points.
    Offset (current season) that does not affect the price
    S3 Gear that does not affect the price
    Boe items that do not affect the price
    What do you mean with it doesnt affect the price? I've just recently been trying to sell a character on Icecrown without any luck, so if I equip off-set wrathful instead of PvE items, the price will go down?

9. May 15, 2018  
    What do you mean with it doesnt affect the price? I've just recently been trying to sell a character on Icecrown without any luck, so if I equip off-set wrathful instead of PvE items, the price will go down?
    That applies for Outland only where these items are not for sale in the Store yet, thus not increasing the price.

10. May 16, 2018  

11. First time trying to sell my character for 30 Coins only, but 4 days spamming in /global got me no results...
    I'm selling 70 hunter, with S3 2H Axe and Ring, Kara Rep, 1300 Arena Point, 15000 Honor, 30/30/100/100 BG Marks, 35 BoJ, 60% Fly Mount

Is that a bad deal, that noone want's to buy it for minimal price? O.o