1. May 15, 2018  

Install and manually update to play Warmane Icecrown

Hello, I have somewhat of a strange request. I've already downloaded the all in one launcher that is provided here to play on the icecrown server and it works flawlessly even with the addons that I have. However, I'm a bit of a vr enthusiast and have found a way to tie a vr experience into WoW. The only catch is i require a formal install of the game with standard paths within the C drive as if it were a retail copy. Could someone please point me in the right direction of being able to do so and still access warmane's servers? I'm familiar with editing the WTF to the server address once I'm at that point. I would just like some guidance on where to get the installation files and patching up to the 3.5.5a version required. Thanks in advance for any help on this matter, it really means a lot to me.

2. May 15, 2018  
    Can't you just move WoW client where it has to be? If that doesn't work, you have to find installation files of WoW, TBC and WotLK. Patches are available here but I don't know if any of the links still work. After installing each patch, it used to try connecting to Blizzards servers and updating game to latest version. I heard it doesn't work anymore but still watch out for that and make sure it doesn't update. After reaching patch 3.3.5a all you need to do to play on Warmane is changing realmlist.

3. May 15, 2018  
    I think retail WOTLK was installed then you downloaded patches to latest version.

Now if you tried to do it by hand you'd need correct incremental patches for right client version in exact order and we are talking about so old patches that you will probably not even find them anymore.

You'd save a lot of time by making your own installer wizard.

I'm not really sure what prevents you from just putting the client into program files/World of Warcraft though. If it's matter of VR application finding the .exe, you can google Windows PATH enviroment variables.

4. May 15, 2018  
    Now if you tried to do it by hand you'd need correct incremental patches for right client version in exact order and we are talking about so old patches that you will probably not even find them anymore.
    I should still have all of them somewhere.

Edit: I have all wotlk enGB patches.
    Edited: May 15, 2018

5. May 15, 2018  
    wow thanks a lot for the quick replies. and anyone0 yes links to those patches would be great, i understand doing the install and manual patching is tedious work but i really dont mind as ive done it in the past for similar servers. I would just like live links if anyone has them to the installer and all patches needed to get to 3.5.5a. Again much thanks for your help guys.