1. May 15, 2018  

LF 2s Guide to Ele/Destro Comp - Icecrown

Inb4 "cc one and global the other get gud noob"

I understand the basic strat; the devil is in the details, though. I'm hoping someone has or knows of a detailed guide to this comp, with references to strategies when facing specific comps (war/hpal, rogue/priest, etc.). If there are no guides out there, then perhaps someone familiar with the comp could answer questions and/or offer general advice. I'm familiar with a few posts on the forums, but I have yet to find anything even semi-comprehensive.

For example, UH/hpal is particularly tough for us. We usually don't survive long enough to outlast one round of defensive CDs. If we CC pally and force AMS, then by the time we can switch and reset, one of us is dead. If we CC DK and force bubble, then same thing, basically.

Additionally, as the shammy on the team, I find it difficult to know when to focus on DPS and when to switch to off-heals. For almost every game we've played, my lock has much more damage than me at the end, so clearly I'm playing fairly defensively. But is that normal? Judging from the details of one of the top 2s teams on Icecrown, "PlzBePaTiEnTwEhAvEaUtIsM" (lol), it looks as if some games the shammy has more dmg, and in others his dmg is quite low, with more heals. There seems to be some pattern here, since the more defensive setups appear more frequently versus hpal teams.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

(In case you missed the title, the realm is Icecrown. We know the usual arena setups: keybinds, focus macros, etc. Certainly lots of room for improvement, but at least we are aware and trying.)

2. May 30, 2018  
    i know few things that may help:
    -Against any Hpal team you need to fake Hand of sacrifice,if you want to cc the Hpala
    -Dk weakness is mobility:slow him and purge freedom.
    -Against priest: purge more shields and procs and fake death for cc.

3. May 31, 2018  
    Hi, even though it's a bit old thread by now I'll drop in with my opinion.

About when to dps, depending on your level of communication, you should act different. If you're not on voice then you should watch what your lock is doing. Getting full sedu when enemy has little defensives? Yolo mode. If he has defensives and prolly wont die, you still have to force defs somehow, just be slightly more careful as the enemy can afford to commit if you ignore your own safety.
    If you are in comms, the lock is the shot caller. Everything happens because he does an initiative (sedu, double stuns etc).
    And as it comes to dk/hpal warr/hpal, hpala is a very viable kill target. They're very squishy and usually you can try a switch after spending DR on the pala, sedu swap on the dps but both need to be prepared for it. Possibly double stun in to sedu dps and rip.

If you can force trinket from dps with just hex (dk and warrs) you already won, as they will die in death coil.

Dk pala can be tough depending on how good they are but its Icecrown lol so you'll prolly meet trash until 2k2->. Can just kill them with noob traps such as hex trinkets.

As for heals, healing gets kind of pointless if theres a warr for example going full turbo on your lock and *somehow* you cant get the warr off. Just failed ports/positioning and peels in that case. Save heals when there's no heal reduces or you're not doing much, like sedu DR. You can prolly sit with -10k hp easily as long as they can't get to you, use that time for dps and heal up before they can get on your *** again. Of course, after saying all this, you should not actually give up if you end up in a tanking situation lol. Just saying that usually points like that are cases where you lose.
    Edited: May 31, 2018

4. June 1, 2018  
    Hi, even though it's a bit old thread by now I'll drop in with my opinion.

And as it comes to dk/hpal warr/hpal, hpala is a very viable kill target. They're very squishy and usually you can try a switch after spending DR on the pala, sedu swap on the dps but both need to be prepared for it. Possibly double stun in to sedu dps and rip.
    We would love to try and CC the dps more so that we reduce pressure and target healer, but pallys and priests can just dispel the seduce, so we basically have to cc them and focus the dps. But by the time the DK has popped AMS and gargoyle, one of us is usually dead.

At this point our biggest problem is dying too quickly. If a warrior sits on one of us for more than a few seconds we are as good as dead. Maybe our CC coordination is bad or something, but we just die way too quickly.

Lately we've also been having lots of trouble with double dps comps that include a rogue. Usually match goes like this:
    I (shammy) get sapped, both dps go on lock and kill him before sap ends. If I trinket sap, I have to eat a full blind or freezing trap, etc.

I imagine this comp was easier on retail when not everyone and their mother had bis pve offparts for crazy dmg

PS we are definitely on voice chat during games; couldnt imagine playing without it

5. June 1, 2018  
    you have absolutely to ground GRIP and HOJ against theses teams.
    Does your Lock switch Armors for the extra healing?
    Edited: June 1, 2018

6. June 3, 2018  
    We would love to try and CC the dps more so that we reduce pressure and target healer, but pallys and priests can just dispel the seduce, so we basically have to cc them and focus the dps. But by the time the DK has popped AMS and gargoyle, one of us is usually dead.

At this point our biggest problem is dying too quickly. If a warrior sits on one of us for more than a few seconds we are as good as dead. Maybe our CC coordination is bad or something, but we just die way too quickly.

Lately we've also been having lots of trouble with double dps comps that include a rogue. Usually match goes like this:
    I (shammy) get sapped, both dps go on lock and kill him before sap ends. If I trinket sap, I have to eat a full blind or freezing trap, etc.

I imagine this comp was easier on retail when not everyone and their mother had bis pve offparts for crazy dmg

PS we are definitely on voice chat during games; couldnt imagine playing without it
    Yeah, rogue + dps comps are extremely hard for ele destro. Shouldn't expect to win. Unless lock pulls off bull**** and basically 1v1's the rogu. For priest/pally + warr dk, if the healer gets to dispel sedu off the dps, bluntly said, you're simply doing it wrong. Shadowfury ->blanket->coil so you don't allow him to dispel, after that he might still be alive... after popping bubble or PS. TLDR pressure should be too high for them to even try to dispel.

Mistakes happen and you might not frag him in that opening, so don't overcommit. If he is full after you popping cd's and pillarhumping w/o any way to stop him u should already focus on purges to dps, as freedom will most likely happen in a few seconds, and you want to 1 click dispel it.

As for DK if its ruins you most likely lose cuz they can just braindead zerg with AMS + pop goyle silence shammy and zone, wont need heals, just soloed both of you. Different case in nagrand as you have LoS for gargoyle + both dont have to sit in aids. Anyway, kills happen like with warrs, they might be stupid and trinket hex, then just make sure there's no shell when lock will unzip coil and you win the game. If he doesnt trinket hex, then who cares, you can setup on the healer easily here.

And what the above guy says, yea switch armors.. but only when you're resetting the fight for faster LHW heal to top him. Pointless in the middle of a dps race, if it comes to that, you lose tbh.

Of course it's not as simple as I make it sound. There's lot of changing factors in WoW arena. "Learn" to see in to the future. Anticipation is a very valuable skill to learn. Ele is a class where one misstep will be the end of you because in the end you're not as mobile as the rest of the casters, and relatively squishy. Priests jump charge + fade hamstring from intercept, boomies hot and run, mages do mage stuff, lock does lock stuff... You just take the dick in your *** if a warr nails string + starts storming :D

7. June 3, 2018  
    Hi i would like to join what is ur name in game? im destro lock 5.8kgs knowledge in arenas- yes my name in game Malakij

8. June 4, 2018  
    Anyway, kills happen like with warrs, they might be stupid and trinket hex, then just make sure there's no shell when lock will unzip coil and you win the game. If he doesnt trinket hex, then who cares, you can setup on the healer easily here.
    Do you mind elaborating on this point a bit? Do you mean that if we can get a warrior to trinket the hex, we can kill him in the death coil since he will have already wasted the trinket? And if he does not trinket the hex, then we can just sit on the healer? Want to make sure I'm understanding.

I guess I need to get better about when to use my hex. I have basically been saving it for when we need to extend the seduce CC. So if our CC target is about to get DR from seduction, I'll try to hex to keep up the CC chain. But maybe I should be using it on the other target to force a trinket. Interesting.

Thanks for the advice - very helpful! You're 100% right about the Ruins map - **** that place. We almost always lose there, especially to a zerg dk or war. DKs seem to be worse, but if my lock cannot port the lolstorm, we're dead.

Also, what do you think about running with Bauble? If our main problem is survivability, perhaps Bauble will help save my lock in some cases.

9. June 4, 2018  
    I already have a partner, sorry bud. I would be happy to practice with you if you'd like. Or I can ask around my guild for other ele shammies.

10. June 4, 2018  
    I reached well over 2.5 in 2s playing this on Icecrown and other realms. If you want to talk to me about it, I'd be happy to tell you a few tactics tips n tricks. Message me ingame on Yagger on Icecrown / Yagger on blackrock.

11. June 4, 2018  
    the easiest kill against a warrior team is to lure him and make him over extend without a trinket,stun him behind a pillar and global him when he is out of sight of his healer and the seccube so he can't interrupt the seduction in case he survive the stun.

12. June 4, 2018  
    Do you mind elaborating on this point a bit? Do you mean that if we can get a warrior to trinket the hex, we can kill him in the death coil since he will have already wasted the trinket? And if he does not trinket the hex, then we can just sit on the healer? Want to make sure I'm understanding.

I guess I need to get better about when to use my hex. I have basically been saving it for when we need to extend the seduce CC. So if our CC target is about to get DR from seduction, I'll try to hex to keep up the CC chain. But maybe I should be using it on the other target to force a trinket. Interesting.

Thanks for the advice - very helpful! You're 100% right about the Ruins map - **** that place. We almost always lose there, especially to a zerg dk or war. DKs seem to be worse, but if my lock cannot port the lolstorm, we're dead.

Also, what do you think about running with Bauble? If our main problem is survivability, perhaps Bauble will help save my lock in some cases.
    Yes correct. If warr trinkets hex, you most likely win. You can frag warr in that coil cc if healer sits sedu and hasn't popped sac, or you will force bubble. Either way is acceptable as after bubble he becomes a free kill, and warr still wont have trinket for the inevitable sedu switch.

You should always have hex on CD and preferably on the dps (unless you absolutely need the extra cc for a kill), as this relieves pressure off you while kind of keeping the enemy in a pause. Time for reposition etc.

Ruins vs Warr is easier than Ruins vs dk. But yea either way its cancer. As for bauble, if you know it's a dk against you i'd play double bauble if possible. That way hpala dk will NEVER be able to win vs you. But if its anything but dk, don't play bauble.

As for the advice by the lad with a giraffe avatar, that only works vs trash teams. Real ones don't overextend and you can't rely on their awfulness. Maybe if you're below 2k2.

EDIT: and to add up a tip with hex, bait reflects with lava burst fake. Dont stop casting but turn your character away so even if you complete the cast it fails, warrs pop reflect like 99% of the time, or dont if they are brainlets.
    Edited: June 4, 2018

13. June 4, 2018  
    i's warmane,you can reach 2k2 as warrior/hpal by doing Aura Mastery sprint =>charge=> Stun the lock trinket and blade storm before he can make his portal.

14. June 6, 2018  
    So I'm definitely going to try to use my hex more on the dps now, since that is something I have not been doing and the biggest reason we lose is pressure I feel. Our games average about a minute, because either one of us is dead, or we globaled one of the enemies. So hopefully this will help. Thanks!

After watching some of Drainer's videos, it seems like he is running with bauble for some comps. I guess he just switches at the beginning?

And as for what the giraffe guy has said, I'm afraid he's right (at least about just needing to storm the lock; idk about how high that will get you). Icecrown dmg is just stupid high

15. June 6, 2018  
    Sure, if you want be safe just run bauble. Double bauble is not necessary imo, plus lock with phyla is pretty crazy. Lock with double proc trinkets is even more crazy if you're ally so if someone runs bauble it should be shammy, and more benefit from mp5. Bauble shammy is safe, but dps trink shammy is more fun :]