1. May 16, 2018  

New players seeking for guidance

Hi!

Me and a few friends (~12 people) are currently lvling our characters to 90 on Frostwolf. We want to do PVE as far as its possible on Frostwolf. A little bit pvp as well. But focusing on raiding-

So how do we get started once we hit 90?

Timeless Island will get us started. But after collecting chests and doing the first quests. Usually i still have green rings. trinkets und weapon.

So whats the best way to get forward after that.

Heroics for VP? or PVP Gear?

Any Help is appreciated.

Ingame Name: Hexic

2. May 16, 2018  
    Here is some advice for you and the rest of your friends: Run

I doubt anyone will even respond to this because quite frankly there is no longer pve going on. Long story short.. server is slowly dying.

3. May 16, 2018  
    10 mans should be possible with our own guys... so why should we run?

4. May 16, 2018  
    Cause dead server(or dying, 1 year ago or so mop would regularly sit at 2k people, its less then half now=, mop just isnt there yet to really put in the time.

Try woltk or TBC for now.

To actually answer the question, timeleass isle and/or honour and conquest gearing (pvp gears you to 550, which is almost normal SOO ilvls). If you actually are 10 people id say try to make MOp as moplike as you can. Go to 90, create two 5 man groups and gear up with heroic dungeons. Then do the raids in the order they were released in and start on SOO with tot gear eventually.

Also, do the above for woltk or TBC too if you start there. Having your own 10 man raid from the start if very nice to have and allows you to experience the actual progess through the expansion somewhat.

5. May 16, 2018  
    Dont read what that kid say above, if you enjoy MOP this is the best server in any ways around right now and its active in pvp/pve, fact is there were 2k ppl 2 years ago and now sit in 1200 but even that amount for a MOP server is amazing , the best way is filling these slots with PVP Gear, then you will get around 530 and you can apply to a top guild and do end content, the end content is good, just a bug on garrosh but it will get fixed eventually, and there is not necesary do a farm of RDF , wtf is that kid saying omg, just do the daily quests in Isle of Thunder and a daily Scenario to get your Valor poitns capped so you can reforge your items.

Timelles isle items/Honor items/Daily quests in IOT = 530 1 week at max.
    Edited: May 16, 2018

6. May 16, 2018  
    Dont read what that kid say above, if you enjoy MOP this is the best server in any ways around right now and its active in pvp/pve, fact is there were 2k ppl 2 years ago and now sit in 1200 but even that amount for a MOP server is amazing , the best way is filling these slots with PVP Gear, then you will get around 530 and you can apply to a top guild and do end content, the end content is good, just a bug on garrosh but it will get fixed eventually, and there is not necesary do a farm of RDF , wtf is that kid saying omg, just do the daily quests in Isle of Thunder and a daily Scenario to get your Valor poitns capped so you can reforge your items.

Timelles isle items/Honor items/Daily quests in IOT = 530 1 week at max.
    Learn to read.

7. May 17, 2018  
    I used to tell everyone “dont play here its a dead server” but now i see they fixing things more often now so i say it absolutely worth to play here!

For start i suggest u to gear up with pvp items and get to 550 pvp and after that start raiding Thron of Thunder and get trinkets and maybe set bonuses!

After this u are rdy to start Siege of Orgrimmar normal and after geat up in normal mode u can start HC mode!

8. May 17, 2018  
    I mean, they said they are bringing enough people to properly field a raid group, and you responded with "dead server". Doesn't really apply if they are PvE'ers, so...

Essentially, you're just trying to deter someone who wants to play here. That's not helpful at all. If all you can reply is that the server is dead and that they shouldn't play here, then it would probably be in your best interest to stop coming around yourself, else you may find your posting privileges revoked.

Hi!

Me and a few friends (~12 people) are currently lvling our characters to 90 on Frostwolf. We want to do PVE as far as its possible on Frostwolf. A little bit pvp as well. But focusing on raiding-

So how do we get started once we hit 90?

Timeless Island will get us started. But after collecting chests and doing the first quests. Usually i still have green rings. trinkets und weapon.

So whats the best way to get forward after that.

Heroics for VP? or PVP Gear?

Any Help is appreciated.

Ingame Name: Hexic
    I remember trinkets being problematic to find early on when MoP was live on retail. Though I'd imagine you should be OK running some dungeons, getting missing items from there, and then pushing your way up the list of raids.

9. May 18, 2018  
    I mean, they said they are bringing enough people to properly field a raid group, and you responded with "dead server". Doesn't really apply if they are PvE'ers, so...

Essentially, you're just trying to deter someone who wants to play here. That's not helpful at all. If all you can reply is that the server is dead and that they shouldn't play here, then it would probably be in your best interest to stop coming around yourself, else you may find your posting privileges revoked.

Yes i am. The server isnt there yet. It might be the best mop server there is, idk, but compared to TBC and WOLTK its Bad, with a captial B. Im just telling the truth as i see it, and the truth is that if you actually want to properly play a wow expansion and enjoy it i would strongly advice against MOP due to the server state and the population. If you think that expressing a honest opinion (and if you just look at the mop forum part, im FAR from the only one with that opinion) aimed at helping someone is ban worthy then so be it, but would you reccomend people to play it?

Yes, being 12 people from the start does allow a lot of freedom and circumvents a lot of the problems a dead(ish) server brings , but you will still require people to actually level enchanting and inscription because certain gylphs show up once every 2 weeks on the auction hours and trying to level any profession is luck based depending on if the AH actually stocks the items you need or not. You could get around that by doing everything yourself (one guy gathers, one mines, one skins etc etc etc) but that is a bit unrealistic imo. But this only touches the population side of things.

And i answered the question given too. And if they want to play MOP and strickly MOP, the server is playable. It just is bad compared to the other options warmane offers.
    Edited: May 18, 2018

10. May 18, 2018  
    You can start in timeless isle. Not bad gear for start + 551ilvl (4/4 upgrade) ilvl trinket from there. Second trinket from valor points (will need Shado-Pan Assault reputation) + 2 crafted items from professions hands and legs 569 ilvl ( 4/4 upgrade). And if lucky some item from tier 16 from celestial bosses or some items from SoO raid finder. Also prideful weapon is a good option until you get SoO weapon, but you need to do some pvp. But with catch up system should be fast to get some prideful pvp items. Valor points are easy to farm from isle of thunder daily quests or Firelands,Dragon soul CATA raids. Try to get in contact with empty promises pve guild on horde so you can mybe join when they are making some 25m raids/raid finders/celestials, etc. You can do enjoyable pve here, just a little struggle on start. Horde side at least is active in pve.
    Off topic- really don't understand ppl like Meowto, angry at server or something, telling ppl not to play here, another reason for less population.

11. May 18, 2018  
    Yes, being 12 people from the start does allow a lot of freedom and circumvents a lot of the problems a dead(ish) server brings , but you will still require people to actually level enchanting and inscription because certain gylphs show up once every 2 weeks on the auction hours and trying to level any profession is luck based depending on if the AH actually stocks the items you need or not. You could get around that by doing everything yourself (one guy gathers, one mines, one skins etc etc etc) but that is a bit unrealistic imo.
    Blame the now annual gold squish on the profession and mats shortage. People were saying it would happen but none listened, there is no point working the ah and keeping it stocked if your profits get taken away.

12. May 18, 2018  
    Off topic- really don't understand ppl like Meowto, angry at server or something, telling ppl not to play here, another reason for less population.
    Im not angry at warmane, im telling people what i think. And i think Frostwolf is not worth playing at ATM, i think its popultion is declining rapidly, i think that when Mop players were told they were the focus next TBC got released and that the server might be good for a mop server its still bad overall.

In my opinion really investing time into this server right now will just lead to frustration, as on its momentary course i think this server will end up like the cata server. Which is why i tell people who are just starting out to choose a different expansion if they really want to play.

13. May 18, 2018  
    Yes, please speed the process..Go ahead, be more negative person.. It's still good server to play, lot of things to do, lot of ppl to play with,pve,pvp.. Did you even try to play here? Didn't know how? Idk, you are probably not playing here, don't you have something else to do, instead of scaring ppl who want to try MoP here? or you are just that empty?

14. May 18, 2018  
    Yes, please speed the process..Go ahead, be more negative person.. It's still good server to play, lot of things to do, lot of ppl to play with,pve,pvp.. Did you even try to play here? Didn't know how? Idk, you are probably not playing here, don't you have something else to do, instead of scaring ppl who want to try MoP here? or you are just that empty?
    I have multiple 90s, did you ever try out another server here (bar cata)?

15. May 18, 2018  
    I have multiple 90s, did you ever try out another server here (bar cata)?
    Damn, you are still missing the point. I'm just done talking with you, this server is so lucky to have you.
    On topic - if you guys are still interested in playing here pm me, i can try to boost you in some raid or somehow help you to start here. Cheers

12 Last