1. May 17, 2018  

Question about boxing classic.

Does anyone plan to box classic?
    What setup do you plan to run?
    Do you have any idea what setup is the best?
    Any diversity?

Post your opinions here.

2. May 17, 2018  
    gonna have to check which class has stacking buffs/debuffs similar to wrath totem but I think we wont come around playing 3 dps tank healer for pve because hybrid specs are quite bad as i remember (in terms of healing)

for pve maybe something like shadow/lock to start with, and since mage brings food/int buff/cc/good damage you add one of those aswell, then you got 3 casters so manatide would come in handy -> resto shaman would be the prefered healer and then druid tank since he offers more utility to casters than warrior (innervate)

something simpler might be warrior tank pally healer 3 hunter

in pvp i suppose any caster or hunter combo does well in battlegrounds

3. May 17, 2018  
    The classic AV w/o ressources, where u were only able to win the battle by killing the boss , should be tons of fun as multiboxer. U can probably just defend the king room and farm HKs all day long.
    I assume that ele shamis are sadly once again the best setup for PvP. Kinda boring but I don't think anything else gonna be good in PvP unless they implement IWT so melee boxing works.

4. May 17, 2018  
    Actually Ele shamans are quite problematic in vanilla and there are several reasons so i'll list the main ones.
    1. Incredibly hard to get Elemental Shaman gear. Boxing in vanilla raids will do you very little good as a lot of effects are "get out of the group" based. And raids will not even let elemental/enh inside, hence you will raid as resto and hence it will be hard to get dps caster gear. This will be your main issue.
    2. Shamans oom extremely fast. You might be able to turtle the AV room, but you will spend most of your time drinking.
    3. PvP trinkets only remove certain CCs, hence certain effects can really screw you over if you do not get the tremor up.
    4. No resilience/high stamina. In other words, you will be quite squishy unless you go over the top with Titan Flask etc.
    5. In general, Multiboxing works far worse in vanilla (my experience).

If you intend to MBox in vanilla then warlocks are your best bet or mages. Simply because they are powerful yet will be easiest to gear.
    Edited: May 17, 2018

5. May 17, 2018  
    Most of the things that u mentioned don't apply to PvP.
    1. It shouldn't be a problem to get PvP gear via BGs as a ele boxer.
    2. Mana issues might be a problem if its true that ele suffers more from it than other caster.
    3. CC is not a issue when u have multiple tremor and grounding totems. U don't even need a PvP trinket as shami boxer.
    4. I assume that shamis with mail armor, shields and the ability to heal, are less squishy than mages, priests, locks, druides or hunter.
    So they are actually more tanky than all other options that we have as multiboxer. Except shockadin maybe if thats a thing in classic wow.

6. May 18, 2018  
    1. Well since you need to win BGs via premading in vanilla in order to reach R12-R14 you will not be of that much use for anything else than stomping enemy non-premades. In a premade vs premade fight you will just be CCed to kingdom come or bursted down.
    Alas even if we play with the thought that you would be able to get the job done, the gear in itself is crap for all shaman specs (you need pieces from PvE mainly). The only good PvP pieces are 2x R12 pieces and the R14 weps (which lose their value once AQ40 hits).
    2. It does and you got no Water Shield to help you out. Also hunters got no CD on their Viper Sting (drains 1108 mana over 8 sec) so yeah, get them totems up.
    3. You need them totems indeed. But the shaman PvP trinket only removes slows/roots/stuns every 5 minutes, and your totems cannot deal with CC like Gnomish Mind Control Cap, Goblin Rocket Helmet etc.
    4. Well, if we ignore all the aspects of getting the gear then your shaman will not be as squishy vs melee's as the other classes yet not so tanky it can last very long. I would personally say that 5x Demo locks would be the ideal boxing option. You can get gear easily, wreak havoc in PvP by multidotting and be very mobile. Only downside is that the PvP trinket can only remove fear/poly/seduce.

7. May 18, 2018  
    Depending on the subscription fee and initial entry charge I'll be either running a :

RM/RMP in order to seriously cut down leveling time ( and to help my self in process) or I will be running
    x4 mage/rogue or 4x mage/priest. (remains to be seen on factors above).

8. May 20, 2018  
    I would suspect that priest + 4 hunter would be quite good.
    Priest to support with healing and some abilities like fear (good if swarmed), fortitude and pw shield to reduce risk of getting nuked.

4 hunter since they are good at dealing damage and fairly easy to use (minimum range would still be a problem but with the damage at range they should kill most enemies, fear should bring some enemies out of melee range and I think pets get abilities like net for spider and beast master pet stun).
    Could also make all but 1 hunter stay back and 1 hunter runs infront and spam wing clip and places traps while the rest nukes the enemies.

20% stun chance on concussive shot with talent, so 4 concussive shot should be very likely to stun the enemy. Mail armor and talent for 10% stamina also.

I think hunter pets should be enough to tank dungeons.

I think hunters have furthest range ingame and instant casts and pets can go even further, so would have a range advantage.
    Each arrow and pet attack would deal some spell knockback on casters also.
    When I played vanilla in retail I got critted for 2k in melee by a hunter (I think he was really geared, but I think if all 4 hunters + pets attack at once it should do great damage in melee).

Stacking instant cast multishot with 41yd range would probably be really strong since there is no resilience and not many damage reduction effects.
    Stacking Explosive Traps could also be really strong, a little like shamans fire nova.

9. May 24, 2018  
    I would try Classic multiboxing, It must be a lot of fun.
    About the setup, I'll wait the beta to think about it since we don't know if Blizzard is going to add IWT (since it was added on WOTLK) and /follow in BGs (removed on MoP).
    There's also the addons such as Super Macro that allowed us to make very powerful macros in LUA which were automating almost everything and manage a mixed class setup easier than actually.

Anyway I think the shamans setup would be the best, unfortunaly, there was also the mages that were OP at Vanilla for multiboxing so why not.