1. May 18, 2018  

Has anyone here ever using a controller to play WoW before?

Very recently, I've tried on retail and it has quite a learning curve, and moreso on legacy servers such as here. Though GnomeSequencer is also present here on Warmane, so I can imagine it wouldn't be too hard. One guy claims that he's been playing since BC on MMO Champion with a controller and even has a video on what setup he currently uses for a PS4 Controller. youtube.com/watch?v=QawEyx2rPYs

I am using an Xbox 360 Controller, by the way. Well... was until it broke down.
    Edited: May 19, 2018

2. May 19, 2018  

3. May 19, 2018  
    Haha no. man, cmon man. how u gonn press u abilities even if its possible. become a clicker with a mouse like in wow with the joystick. to click on the abilities one by one, oh thats a hard.

sorry bout my english today. i just woke up.

4. May 20, 2018  
    I tried it before with a xbox 360 controller. Wasn't able to assign movement keys to the joystick because I had the wrong software. So I used click to move instead but it didn't work out so well.
    Maybe I'll give it a second try.

Always wanted to play WoW at the couch because the desk f*cks the body up when u spend their too much time. Shoulder impingement syndrom, mouse arm, back problems, list goes on and on. So I guess its good to change the sitting location from time to time.

I don't think its possible to do PvP or raiding with a controller but monotone questing and grinding should be doable.
    Edited: May 20, 2018

5. May 20, 2018  
    with lazy macros, anything is possible

6. May 20, 2018  
    Tried it with a PS3 controller using the gamepad addon on retail, it works well for some stuff but it's really horrible on the whole.

Haha no. man, cmon man. how u gonn press u abilities even if its possible. become a clicker with a mouse like in wow with the joystick. to click on the abilities one by one, oh thats a hard.

sorry bout my english today. i just woke up.
    The addon allows you to bind abilities to your controller, you're not pointing and clicking on anything.

7. May 20, 2018  
    I'm testing joytokey atm.
    Regarding the movement: I figured out that it works the best when u assign ur the left joystick to move forward/backward and assign ur right joystick to move mouse cursor up/down/left/right + right mouse key.
    This way the character turns with the camera.

8. May 21, 2018  
    I've done it before but found it was more suited for classes with less demanding roles in PVE. Movement was fine (I believe I also used JoytoKey) but it let something to be desired.

I will say that using a controller to fish is superior. The amount of mind numbing input required to fish is perfect for a controller setup.

9. May 24, 2018  
    I think the controller (Joystick) thing, be it handheld or the standard portable arcade stick would only be viable on solo play like leveling, 5 man dungeons in which you use classes that don't require many buttons. But raiding or PvP wise? it's just limiting.

But nonetheless, this is an interesting thing to try especially on Brewfest ram racing event like Mario-kart. KEK

10. May 14, 2023  
    Hi everyone, I want to use gamepad, I install addon Console Port, but when I enter the game, I got no option for gamepad to setup. Do I need some more addon or some app, so I can activate addon in game so I can find options to setup? Or if anyone have some tutorial how to properly install addon, I would be greatful. Thank you in advance.

11. May 14, 2023  
    I played WoW using controllers since forever, but since it is unfeasible to set all the keys into the buttons, what I actually did was to play with the controller on my left hand using the analog to move the character and a few commands registered on the left triggers, select button and the cross directional, while holding the mouse on the right hand for the clicks. Yeah if people say clickers are crazy, I went further down that road, a true Insane in the Membrane.

I suggest Xpadder for that.