1. May 19, 2018  

Not good enough gear for heroics, but too good gear for normals

I just hit 80 recently and at the time of making this post I am 3122 gear score. It won't let me queue for heroics yet, and all the gear I get from normal are absolute garbage. I bought every upgrade piece I could off the AH, but I have no idea where to get pieces that will increase my gear score so I could at least do heroics. I only have 8 emblems of triumph and I have no idea to get more except from doing a daily normal dungeon, and anything I can buy with them costs like 50 so that feels like a redundant way to gear for me right now. I also do wintergrasp as often as I can to get honor for pieces of gear but I am currently in the same situation as the emblems of triumph thing. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. May 19, 2018  
    check the avarage ilvl required for these RDF hc: http://i.imgur.com/ka1uc2B.jpg

3. May 19, 2018  
    Buy or craft some gear, it's not that expensive. You can get a great boost. For example, sniff Auction House, Jet'zes Bell(Global Drop) trinket for casters, Harbingers Bone Band(ICC trash drop) for tanks, and other stuff that's affordable.

Make a few FoS, PoS farms, really nice gear pieces there and emblems for t9. So you shoot 2 birds with one stone - slingshot your start and are on your way to gain entry in raids, even ICC. After few runs you can farm Heroics trough random dungeon finder, fastest way for EoT's and 2 daily EoF's will help greatly.

Join some Obsidian Sanctum and do weekly Raid quest(Sartharion Must Die! and such). Can even luck out on getting some gear piece from boss in addition to emblems.

I'm sure you can find like-minded people with similar gear and clear Obsidion Sanctum, most of Naxxaramas and even Onyxia's Lair. Even Ulduar too is great. Lots and lots of ways.

4. May 19, 2018  
    Get reputation gear http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Northr...tation_rewards and every piece of gear you can use in FoS/PoS including the battered hilt which gives you a weapon

5. May 20, 2018  
    Saewelo
    Depending on what class you play, just buy some cheap epic/blues from AH (for example namlak's dagger) that you can equip so you can queue up, and switch to your gear afterwards.

6. May 20, 2018  
    Replace any heirloom item you're still equipping with anything above iLvl 150. It will lower your gearscore, but it will increase your average item level that matters. After you've replaced the gear, relog and try to queue again.

7. May 20, 2018  
    That is literally an impossible situation. Item is not worse if it happens to have lower gearscore or less stamina than your current item. From normals you get something like ilvl187 items. Buy some ilvl200+ items from the AH but, please, for the love of god, buy appropriate items. Not the intellect waist for dk/warr/ret/prot, not cloth shoulders for those either. You know what i mean hopefully.

8. May 20, 2018  
    That is literally an impossible situation. Item is not worse if it happens to have lower gearscore or less stamina than your current item. From normals you get something like ilvl187 items. Buy some ilvl200+ items from the AH but, please, for the love of god, buy appropriate items. Not the intellect waist for dk/warr/ret/prot, not cloth shoulders for those either. You know what i mean hopefully.

From the higher end normals you get ilvl 187 (HoL, UP and the lot), but from lower end dungeons you get lower ilvl gear (155 from UK). So, its just possible this person has only gotten the lower level normal dungeons, resulting in no gear progression. I do recommend looking at loot tables and queuing specifically for those dungeons (especially high end ones) that drop gear that you need.

And I very much agree about not buying gear of the wrong type just to boost your GS. Like the tank I had one time that barely had enough GS to queue for heroics, and was only able to because he had a ilvl 264 healing belt...

9. May 20, 2018  
    Forget HC dungeons, do pos/fos till you can do hor too, then repeat in heroic. Search for items on the auction house (some really good ones can be found for like 100 gold), get the battered hilt if you have gold or it drops. Repeat repeat repeat, do WG every time it comes up, farm toc 5 man for the trinket. Get into ICC10mn normal, get gear, progress.

10. May 29, 2018