1. May 27, 2018  
    Thread carefully now.
    How come? Is she not allowed to have her own opinions?

2. May 27, 2018  
    Blizzard only announced it due to the repercussions when closing Nostalrius. It was never intended by them to bring back a Classic realm. Even if they open it, they will hope for it to be abandoned asap. They will surely claim that there aren't enough people to maintain the realm, unless it becomes a charity realm, something you don't see Activision doing.

As for myself, I would only play it if it had all the Quality of Life features from the current expansion.
    Idk, if a team of freelancers can pull of a decent private server i think Blizzard is more then able, and it will make a profit very quickly. No new stuff to develop, no balance changes, little upkeep (compared to BfA/legion). I think even with just a few 10k players world wide theyll make a lot of money.

3. May 27, 2018  
    How come? Is she not allowed to have her own opinions?
    I meant more in the way to not awake the masses of no-change players spamming the Blizzard forums Mercy. xD

4. May 28, 2018  
    Blizzard will most likely if not have to, change alot in their old Vanilla version, (not enough quests to max level
    Thats only a story that people who hate vanilla tell. There was more than enough quests to level 60. Blizzard just did not took the monkey by their hand guiding them small step by step through the word so the monkey do not need to think. You had to change level zones in vanilla and had to get the start quest to a new zone in OG or SW.

Everyone knows what classes are best and realms will be dominated by Hunters, rogues, priests and mages, might have a warlock here and there too, Unless Blizzard fixes the balance issue that was, lets just say it, Game breaking.
    Why you picked this classes? Warrior will be one of the dominated classes, only tank, top dps class and pvp beast. Warlock will be in favour, too, being one of the strongest dps classes and good at pvp. many pvp players will still choose druid. If blizzard is going to keep in the buged pala, tons will use the bug in pvp.

But even at that time, the ammount of "noobs" that used to get our satisfaction when we kicked butt in pvp, will be A LOT fewer.
    It probably will be like pserver. PvE players most likely will still be the pvp noobs and being free honor. On the other hand, pvp players will most likely be very good and everyone will be ingi + a bag full of pvp related items. PvP vs. pvp players will not be like in the good old days, it will be on a high level.

5. May 28, 2018  
    I reckon every class can work in vanilla PvP as so much came down to the use of misc stuff / trinkets anyway. As for PvE all classes are needed.
    Btw what did you say was bugged about paladins?

6. May 28, 2018  
    Blizzard only announced it due to the repercussions when closing Nostalrius. It was never intended by them to bring back a Classic realm. Even if they open it, they will hope for it to be abandoned asap. They will surely claim that there aren't enough people to maintain the realm, unless it becomes a charity realm, something you don't see Activision doing.
    Developing two MMOs at the same time, thats what running lates addon + classic would be, costs a lot of money and needs enouph players to make provit. With BfA blizzard sayed the code was completly rewritten to fit into the challance to run two different MMOs with the same base. If blizzard realy had done that, they may be able to rescale every addon so far from within one single database to maintain. Blizzard would never invest money in something that does not let them earn enough money. Maintaining a few more realm server is no money for blizzard, but developing multiple MMOs at once is, if they fixed that with the new backend code, even a small amount of player would be enough to play out.

If Activision blizzard realy hopes that the server will be abandoned asap, they would not open one in the first place. It is not like someone in the management would care about all the crycry about vanilla until they do not see money in it. Even if they waste money to prove their point of never going back, rewriting code in BfA is most dumpest thing than.

Once there was a pServer that always stated out that they always look to the future and not the past. Later expansion realms where planned and older expansion realms where always declined. But what i see now: lates expansion is MoP and a TBC server went live against all odds. Maybe times changed something?

7. May 28, 2018  
    Btw what did you say was bugged about paladins?
    Reckoning was working different. At first it was unlimited stackable until used, so paladins were able to one shot raid bosses. This was fixed asap at the momenent someone found out how to one shot raid bosses. But it kept limited stackable, enouph to collect stacks with shield and onehand, release them with a two hand.
    Even the blue tier 0.5 axe razorblade with 4.0 speed was good enough to do 2k-4k dmg.

8. May 28, 2018  
    Uh yea but that was in the very early days, pretty much all private servers ran with the working 4 stack version which was intended.

9. May 28, 2018  
    Classic will fail miserably even if they made it less grindy. The specs are very unbalanced and some are literally auto-attack specs which makes the game totally unplayable. Its also missing loads of features and doesn't even have arena
    Edited: May 28, 2018

10. May 28, 2018  
    Idk, if a team of freelancers can pull of a decent private server i think Blizzard is more then able, and it will make a profit very quickly. No new stuff to develop, no balance changes, little upkeep (compared to BfA/legion). I think even with just a few 10k players world wide theyll make a lot of money.
    Of course they can pull it off. The questions remain, though, do they really want to and why do they have interest now when they didn't before? Maybe it's a publicity stunt to calm the masses, or maybe they have full intent to monetize it in some fashion like they did the modern version of the game with things like faction changes, race changes, mount purchases, wow tokens, etc.
    You need to remember, this is Activision-Blizzard we're talking about, not Vivendi-Blizzard that which produced Vanilla. You need to be aware of what Activision is known for and capable of, and they DO have a say in how Blizzard operates.

11. May 28, 2018  
    Classic will fail miserably even if they made it less grindy. The specs are very unbalanced and some are literally auto-attack specs which makes the game totally unplayable. Its also missing loads of features and doesn't even have arena
    Frankly speaking, we have no idea if it will be a success or fail. We will just have to wait and see.
    Some specs are stronger than others in PvP but most of them were more than viable once one acquired some gear and skill. In PvE certain specs were restricted but each class could still make it inside raids, id say it was not too unbalanced.
    Of course they can pull it off. The questions remain, though, do they really want to and why do they have interest now when they didn't before? Maybe it's a publicity stunt to calm the masses, or maybe they have full intent to monetize it in some fashion like they did the modern version of the game with things like faction changes, race changes, mount purchases, wow tokens, etc.
    You need to remember, this is Activision-Blizzard we're talking about, not Vivendi-Blizzard that which produced Vanilla. You need to be aware of what Activision is known for and capable of, and they DO have a say in how Blizzard operates.
    If it is a stunt then I believe the backlash will be quite huge. Not only from the vanilla community but the community as a whole as the trust in Blizzard hits rock bottom.
    While it is true that this is no longer the same Blizzard that designed vanilla I very much doubt they would have started to hire people to work on this if it was just a stunt to cool the masses.
    Nevertheless, we shall see what happens.

12. May 29, 2018  
    Only if it's a failure. It being a "stunt" does not imply failure. Don't assume as much.

13. May 29, 2018  
    I reckon it will be like most things. Popular in the start, then the population drops a bit but still leaves quite a lot of players.

First 123