1. May 21, 2018  

Disappearing

Hi, encountered an issue with 2 horde one named Youri.

I was afk over wintergrasp way above the reach of any spell and when i check my game i was dead, respawned and found him so got into a fight.
    Me and a paladin ended up fighting him at the same time he's about to die then he just vanishes.
    See him literally seconds later and he's full health, got him down again and he vanishes. This happens like twice and the last time about 3 or 4 of us
    are attacking him same damn thing he vanishes as he's about to die and reappears somewhere else.

Then i remembered while doing the embers quest for wintergrasp me and a hunter were fighting this horde paladin and she bubbled and laughed at us and just vanished as she was about to die. Am i just imaging things or is that some kinda hack?

2. May 21, 2018  
    he force quit, it's not a hack or exploit. It just takes 3 key presses to do it, no modifications/hacks required. On retail you also vanished instantly from this.
    It's not honorable but you're really in no place to whine about fairness when in every scenario mentioned you're ganging up on one person.

3. May 21, 2018  
    he force quit, it's not a hack or exploit. It just takes 3 key presses to do it, no modifications/hacks required. On retail you also vanished instantly from this.
    It's not honorable but you're really in no place to whine about fairness when in every scenario mentioned you're ganging up on one person.
    who's whining?
    it was a genuine inquiry into something i've not seen before. It's been years since ive played wow and you just come on here with assumptions about whining?
    This is why you read to understand not just to reply, if you had you'd noticed i asked if it was a hack or just something normal. The end

4. May 21, 2018  
    who's whining?
    it was a genuine inquiry into something i've not seen before. It's been years since ive played wow and you just come on here with assumptions about whining?
    This is why you read to understand not just to reply, if you had you'd noticed i asked if it was a hack or just something normal. The end
    you called out two people, one by name, and offered 2 possible scenarios: you're imagining things (silly non-possibility) or they are hacking.
    ergo you are whining.
    you have your answer: it's neither.
    Edited: May 21, 2018

5. May 21, 2018  
    you called out people by name and offered 2 possible scenarios: you're imagining things (silly) or it's a hack.
    you are whining
    you have your answer
    I already got my answer, someone who's not a complete tool in game already explained it.
    Also i wonder if a key combination made him run around as fast as he did with no buffs for it nor the rocket boots or him force quitting the game allowed him to vanish from infront of you and reappear seconds somewhere high or out of the map. But i guessed a 3 key combination did that also.
    Case closed.

6. May 21, 2018  
    I already got my answer, someone who's not a complete tool in game already explained it.
    Also i wonder if a key combination made him run around as fast as he did with no buffs for it nor the rocket boots or him force quitting the game allowed him to vanish from infront of you and reappear seconds somewhere high or out of the map. But i guessed a 3 key combination did that also.
    Case closed.
    Sorry, it's just rude and probably against the rules to name someone on the forums while accusing them of potentially hacking, so I was immediately derisive with the thread's content. It was not necessary to call them out like that.

you didn't mention him running around at nitro speed, hat might actually be your imagination as I haven't seen an actual speed hacker in years, just the occasional stationary tele/flyhacker. It doesn't seem doable like the old mol10 days in the current core.

force quit he will always reappear in the same place he disappeared upon logging in, but a combination of force quit and website unstuck would work around this.

7. May 21, 2018  
    How is that possible? Because as far as I know you can't just force quit, your character is supposed to stay 20 seconds if you Alt+F4, and you simply die if you force quit while in combat.

8. May 21, 2018  
    It's called leaving wintergrasp. When you're in the zone you have that icon next to your map, right click it -> leave wintergrasp and it'll port you out to the Icecrown spot where you get dropped if the battle starts and you're not invited.
    Seeing how fast/easily people do it I'll just guess there's a macro for it, but I don't know about it.

9. May 21, 2018  
    How is that possible? Because as far as I know you can't just force quit, your character is supposed to stay 20 seconds if you Alt+F4, and you simply die if you force quit while in combat.
    alt+f4 is 2 keys, not what im talkin about

It's called leaving wintergrasp. When you're in the zone you have that icon next to your map, right click it -> leave wintergrasp and it'll port you out to the Icecrown spot where you get dropped if the battle starts and you're not invited.
    Seeing how fast/easily people do it I'll just guess there's a macro for it, but I don't know about it.
    i actually never knew this worked in combat, huh. They recently made it so u cant enter bg and presumably dungeons while in combat so it seemed to follow.

10. May 21, 2018  
    You can leave a BG while you're in combat, so it works for WG as well (Leave Wintergrasp option on the map). He was probably doing that.

11. May 21, 2018  
    alt+f4 is 2 keys, not what im talkin about

Alright, so tell me what you're talking about.

12. May 21, 2018  
    Alright, so tell me what you're talking about.
    He did. There are other ways to close the game client than "alt + f4".

13. May 21, 2018  
    He did. There are other ways to close the game client than "alt + f4".
    Exactly, so tell me how you can force quit 1) while in combat without dying and 2) while not in combat without your toon standing still for 20 seconds. Talking about wpvp, not wg/bg

I remember back in the day there were macros that would disconnect you immediately, but isn't that an exploit?

14. May 21, 2018  

I don't think that was it, my brother also plays on warmane and he was in icecrown farming herbs when he got into it with a dk, same thing when he was about to die dude just disappeared and looked around and he was upon some mountain healing himself.

In my case i encountered it twice in the volcano and in the WG area, these guys knew what they were doing cuz they laugh at u then vanish.
    Also flyhacking is not that far fetched since i recall in SW last week there was a lvl 1 flying around saying "GM ban me pls look i'm hacking" or something like that.
    Also it's a shame i didnt have my shadowplay running since i turned it off as it was constantly causing issues, otherwise id link the video