1. May 20, 2018  

Reset of arena points between S3 and S4 (or not?)

I have heard a lot of rumours from players not believing there wont be a reset of arena points in the upcoming season change. Could someone either confirm or deny that?

I don't usually buy into the point of something being blizzlike, but in this case it is quite obvious that you should reset the points between the seasons since it is both blizzlike and like every logical argument you could make supports this. Keeping the arena points will obviously kill the servers pvp scene way faster and have a somewhat wierd/unfair impact on the PVE content as well with Brutal weapons for example being great in pve just like Vengeful weapons were.

I could go on, but I think it is pretty damn clear that arena points should be reset between season 3 and 4 at the very least. Either way you should definitely let the players know at the very least.

2. May 20, 2018  
    In original TBC the arena points and honor was not reset between S3 and S4 based on evidence from several sites.

Yet it does not matter really. Resetting honor and arena points will just piss people off as the season has already been insanely long. People have no doubt stacked up honor and arena points for S4 due to the greatly extended arena season, so why hit them below the belt and make their efforts have been for naught?

I say, just let people keep what they have worked hard for.

3. May 20, 2018  
    1. Warmane said that for TBC realms they will do exactly what Blizz did during TBC retail.

2. Blizz did never restted Honor/AP during TBC

3. So Warmane will do the same

4. May 20, 2018  
    So the strategy is to not waste Arena points or honor points until May 31? Then buy the new piece of honor or AP? I'm trying to preapre as much as possible. Thanks!

5. May 21, 2018  
    In original TBC the arena points and honor was not reset between S3 and S4 based on evidence from several sites.

Yet it does not matter really. Resetting honor and arena points will just piss people off as the season has already been insanely long. People have no doubt stacked up honor and arena points for S4 due to the greatly extended arena season, so why hit them below the belt and make their efforts have been for naught?

I say, just let people keep what they have worked hard for.
    They never resetted honor. But I am seriously 99.9% sure that they resetted arena points between s3 and s4. They didn't reset points between s1 and s2 tho. No one is talking about taking away the honor people have grinded.

Arena points shouldn't really be a "effort", even though the majority of the pvp scene here seems to be points grinding in 5s here instead of actually pvping.
    Edited: May 21, 2018

6. May 21, 2018  
    From what has been deduced players could instantly buy arena items of S4 the day the season was released, hence the arena points could not have been reset.