1. May 23, 2018  

Queue removal upon joining a battleground

Greetings Outland community,

As one of our most recent changes, we have decided to remove pending queues once a player joins a battleground. This change is done due to the fact that this has become an issue which we need to deal with. Players leaving battlegrounds easily and without punishment is something not good for the scene and state of PvP on the realm.

Keep in mind, this change is not set in stone and we are open to new ideas that might do a better job. Depending on statistics and analysis, we might revert this decision.

Feel free to state your opinions in this thread.

Kind regards
    Warmane

2. May 23, 2018  
    A good change in my opinion given the issue with most victories coming from games where you outnumber the other team.

3. May 23, 2018  
    Welcomed change. Will Improve pvp scene.

4. May 23, 2018  
    This is so bad. When u need wsg marks u have to wait 15min for wsg then to play.. Isn't better to play some bg b4 wsg?
    Give us back our old bg system.

5. May 23, 2018  
    While the marks part is indeed more problematic with this new system, it might be a price worth paying. PvP is about fighting on random yet somewhat similar terms. When a lot of battles are decided by one team winning just because they outnumber the enemy by 5:1, it is no longer PvP per se.

6. May 23, 2018  
    A good Change, most of the games i played so far were decided because ppl are leaving before the game starts or short after. Most queues are equal, so bg´s will pop up close together.

7. May 23, 2018  
    Just tell me how to win BG as horde at new system?Always 4-5 green geared,4-5 afk..,Today 20 + loses in a row.This is bull****!

8. May 23, 2018  
    This is so bad. When u need wsg marks u have to wait 15min for wsg then to play.. Isn't better to play some bg b4 wsg?
    Give us back our old bg system.
    And so you ditch the BG you were in, inconveniencing the players that were in it. You don't see that being an issue?

9. May 23, 2018  
    Thats a good solution. People will focus more in the BG they will join.

10. May 23, 2018  
    This will reduce overall honor/mark gain drastically for a lot of players. Honor gain is already very slow with call-to-arms bonuses not applying correctly afaik? Any way to compensate for this?
    Edited: May 24, 2018

11. May 23, 2018  
    On second thought, restore the old system for both Outland and Icecrown.

12. May 23, 2018  
    this should not be an issue, because as soon as he leaves the actual BG for WSG, there should be a free slot for someone else in this actual BG. so a new player can join that empty slot
    If that's how it happened in the real world there would have been no need for the change in the first place. The change wasn't arbitrary, but to deal with an issue caused by people ditching a battleground when another they queued for starts. What shouldn't be an issue is just queuing for the battleground you wanted to play in the first place, instead of wanting to use a whole group of people as "disposable time-waster" in a battleground you don't intend to see through.

13. May 23, 2018  
    Good move, had a blast doing today bgs, no more 3v15 games hope they keep it like this. And as fresh dinged character here you shouldnt be doing bgs anyways, do some quest first instead joining battles with gray gear and getting 1 shoted.

14. May 23, 2018  
    personally I like it, there were actual battles in my wsg and AB today. and they were not 10v3

15. May 23, 2018  
    it worked before, it works on retail, why should it be a problem in here overnight?
    i don't get it

waiting 10 minutes for arathi at 19:00 when the server is full should not happen
    It "working" for you doesn't means it worked as a whole, and we take in consideration more than what "works" for you when making decisions that affect the whole server. The global experience of matches not having imbalanced numbers of players because of all the people ditching is very likely more important than your wait time.

123 ... Last