1. May 24, 2018  
    Urgh 27 min in a WSG queue. While I do believe the intentions of this change was thought of with the concern for a lot of players being left outnumbered in BGs, I believe that is still better than having no BGs at all. xD

2. May 24, 2018  
    Bad change, we still get imbalanced games or when one side farms the other and you just stucked in the game for 30 min. Bring back multi queue.

3. May 24, 2018  
    really digging these 30min queues
    thanks warmane

4. May 24, 2018  
    While I understand the reasoning behind this change - the desire to create more balanced games, this is a poorly thought out solution that will lead to creating many more (and more damaging) issues.

#1. If anyone's been paying attention in BGs, you will notice the massive amount of very obvious bots in every single BG. Some of them have been around for weeks or months now and are still botting uncontested. That being said, I don't think that in a free server environment that the botting problem will ever truly be solved simply because banned players can just bot another character up for free, and continue bg botting again. It's kind of like online piracy, you can stop some, but you cant stop them all, and because of that you need to make changes with that in mind. Changing the queue system isn't going to create balanced games all the sudden because there's still going to be one (or both) teams with a bunch of non-players on it.

#2. Queue times will take a severe hit, particularly on horde. It's no secret horde is the pvp faction in TBC. With character transfers opening up from alliance to horde, this problem will steadily be getting worse, Queues have already been consistently over 10 minutes during NA play times in the past couple of weeks.

#3. There simply isn't enough players for this. This is going to create situations where AV is popping and nothing else is, or vice versa. Because there just isn't going to be enough players to fill all the BG queues if everyone loses their queues whenever they join. I have played other TBC servers with this implemented and it actually created far more imbalanced BGs in the long run, people would constantly skip queues and you'd end up with tiny games, 4v2s, 3v0s etc.

#4. IMO the most damaging issue that will cause IRREPARABLE damage in the long term if not addressed. You will now be gearing SIGNIFICANTLY SLOWER than live, which in TBC was already a brutal grind that caused many players to quit. Lets face it, its not fun to get stomped by 400 resilience characters when you are in greens or blues with no resilience. It's not fun or interactive, in any way. It's a steamroll. I'm a multi time gladiator with 10 years experience in this game and have no doubt that a brand new player in full gear could destroy my fresh geared alt nearly every time. Longer queues, lack of BG selection, and overall poor quality of BGs due to rampant botting and afking will slow down the gearing process even further and cause players to quit. My entire guilds desire to gear our alts has just gone straight down the drain because we know whats coming.

#5. Its a clunky fix. So now, lets say I really need Warsong and AB marks, but eye of the storm pops first. However the last queue for warsong was 15 minutes and AB was 10. Now i'm faced with the choice, do I take this eye of the storm which I don't really particularly need the marks for? Or do I skip this queue, and as a result leave my faction down a person at least for the beginning of the game, and hope for the other two to pop in a reasonable time frame, or do I take the EOTS I dont really need and then remove myself from the queue for the other two and potentially create an even longer queue for those BGs? Either way, it's contributing to the problem you were trying to fix.

Solutions: In the short term the most obvious is just to repeal this change for now, it's not blizz-like anyway which you have cited in the past as a reason to keep archaic TBC features like no mob health.

If you do want to continue this experiment, then at least increasing honor gain to 1.5x or 2x would help to offset the incredibly slow gearing process that this will create.

5. May 24, 2018  
    Revert the change, 40+ min in a queue is something I have never experienced since the days of original vanilla haha. xD

6. May 24, 2018  
    It is probably worth considering increasing the amount of honor/# of marks gained from BGing otherwise the grind is going to be exponentially longer for newer players. The grind already sucks huge *** at this point in the game because of how relatively useless you are with leveling gear relative to people even moderately geared for PvP. This will be compounded for horde players by the longer queue times they are experiencing.

However, this could encourage some horde players to switch over which I believe is still a good thing? Unsure of the faction balance atm tbh.

7. May 24, 2018  

However, this could encourage some horde players to switch over which I believe is still a good thing? Unsure of the faction balance atm tbh.
    Some alliance players said earlier they had to wait same amount of time to get a bg pop ... so seems like it wouldnt even matter.
    Not sure if he was talking about premade groups or random solo q..

8. May 24, 2018  
    That's inaccurate in my experience. I still have 1-2 minute queues on Alliance after the change.

9. May 24, 2018  

10. May 24, 2018  
    Even in your made up numbers that leaves two-thirds that are having their experience hindered when they just want to play battlegrounds "right."
    So you speak for all players then? I'd rather insta-join and take some mongo 2v8 road fight than sit alt-tabbed in shattrath for 15+ minutes

Why do the mods here cultivate these snarky/edgy personas? Why would you take a community relations role if you have no people skills? Why even ask for feedback in a thread if you didn't want any?

The change was well-intentioned but feedback is overwhelmingly negative. I've previously had BGs start 6v0 and no enemies joined for 4 minutes - which obviously sucked. There has to be some "midle ground" between that, and the current implementation.
    Edited: May 24, 2018

11. May 24, 2018  
    u really should add queue random battleground with this change else this is unplayable if you need certain marks from a BG, on horde anything but warsong takes and eternity to queue pop

12. May 24, 2018  
    So you speak for all players then? I'd rather insta-join and take some mongo 2v8 road fight than sit alt-tabbed in shattrath for 15+ minutes
    You were the one pulling "1/3rd" out of nowhere, which leaves 2/3rd. You spoke for a made up group, I simply used what was left. Blame yourself if you want to blame someone.

Why do the mods here cultivate these snarky/edgy personas? Why would you take a community relations role if you have no people skills? Why even ask for feedback in a thread if you didn't want any?
    We react to the tone used in posts.
    We aren't in "community relations roles," you're looking for Community Managers.
    We have people skills, and different people get different sections of those skills.
    Asking for feedback doesn't implies it can't be countered when all of the negatives are repeats of "give us back the misuse of the queue system because I don't want to play proper battlegrounds, I just want fast honor or to kill time."

The change was well-intentioned but feedback is overwhelmingly negative. I've previously had BGs start 6v0 and no enemies joined for 4 minutes - which obviously sucked. There has to be some "midle ground" between that, and the current implementation.
    When you say "overwhelmingly negative," who exactly are you counting? Are you including the people logging in with multiple accounts to make posts under different names? And you're missing the point of feedback. Feedback isn't "undo the changes because I don't like them," especially when then changes happened to deal with an unwanted scenario. We were fully aware the people who were more than happy to exploit the bloated honor gains and short wait times would complain and not care about the experience of the players who want proper battlegrounds happening. Don't expect what you call "overwhelmingly negative" to be the deciding factor for something that deals with an issue to be undone.

13. May 24, 2018  
    u really should add queue random battleground with this change else this is unplayable if you need certain marks from a BG, on horde anything but warsong takes and eternity to queue pop
    I'm afraid that with RBG u would still need to wait 10-20 min in queue on horde side.
    There seems to be a massive faction imbalance in terms of PvP because on alliance side everything pops up instantly at any time of the day while the horde has to wait so long.

14. May 24, 2018  
    And it will only get worse now that someone decided to go bananas and allow faction change from ally to horde. :P

15. May 24, 2018  
    And it will only get worse now that someone decided to go bananas and allow faction change from ally to horde. :P
    I guess thats fine as long as it costs 30 coins. But faction change to ally side should be free again so the ppl that want to enjoy instant BGs can join the alliance.
    In this case ppl like borix would realise how awesome the new bg system is when u are in the right faction.
    Edited: May 24, 2018

First ... 56789 Last