1. May 24, 2018  

Best Class with Minimum PVE Gear for PvP

Hello guys I know that pvp in wotlk also required classes to have pve gear to reach their best performance. (Eg Arms warrior BiS has smorne, back , hands ,trinkets etc PvE drops)
    However, I do not enjoy PvE hence it shall be hard for me to obtain PvE items.
    I am looking for a class which is BiS(or close to) only in PvP gear.
    I am open to play any role dps/heal if there is such a class.

Thank you

2. May 24, 2018  
    DK, any healer (altho you'll still need trinket that's obtainable in PvE for any class, PvE weapon isn't a must tho, or as Dralanne said below, you can use Corroded Key but I'd rather get one proper trinket - donate if nothing else.)
    Edited: May 24, 2018 Reason: Added more info

3. May 24, 2018  
    ele or resto shaman.
    basicly all you need is aither charred twilight scale or bouble of true blood, other slots go as pvp parts. if you cant get those, you can get any defensive trinket like corroded skeletons key, wich is easely obtainable if you do weekly quest for 5eofs or rdf hc.

ofc if you mix some pve off-sets for more haste, you could perform better, but you can do almost the same as full pvp.

4. May 24, 2018  
    Saewelo
    Ele shaman. If you do need more haste and really don't want to get into PvE, ashen band + marrowgar's and/or belt of the blood nova are more than enough. Wintergrasp shoulders are also very nice, and are pretty close to BiS.
    As for resto bauble is kind of hard to get, solace too, and would require some PvE, unless you can donate for it.

5. May 24, 2018  
    Then also there's Ret paladin, sure you won't have top damage in every BG, but even with full PvP stuff (and pve trinket+Ashen Ring) you'll be able to take on anything except healers (but it's not like you can kill healers without full pve anyways). In the early days of Warmane I ran with full PvP ret and did quite well.

6. May 25, 2018  
    Then also there's Ret paladin, sure you won't have top damage in every BG, but even with full PvP stuff (and pve trinket+Ashen Ring) you'll be able to take on anything except healers (but it's not like you can kill healers without full pve anyways). In the early days of Warmane I ran with full PvP ret and did quite well.
    I guess you're right about that one. My old neighbor went Ret in Wrath because Blizzard supposedly nerfed Combat Rogues badly which he previously rolled in BC. He got so mad he rolled what was considered an overpowered class at that time.

7. May 25, 2018  
    So as per your inputs ele shaman/ DK and ret paladin are good options.
    I dont care about BG damage. Will a healer dps comp like Unh Dk/resto shaman work in high rated 2v2s? I know that people having BiS gear will always have an advantage over me in damage. But can I still have enough damage output to be viable in arenas as a healer dps comp?

8. May 25, 2018  
    Saewelo
    So as per your inputs ele shaman/ DK and ret paladin are good options.
    I dont care about BG damage. Will a healer dps comp like Unh Dk/resto shaman work in high rated 2v2s? I know that people having BiS gear will always have an advantage over me in damage. But can I still have enough damage output to be viable in arenas as a healer dps comp?
    Imo you could do a lot better with a disc. You get both offensive and defensive dispels, good damage mitigation and he can assist you quite well in scoring a kill. Also, as a dk you can easily peel, and that helps them a lot.

9. May 25, 2018  
    Thank you for the replies guys. I shall make an Unholy DK then

10. May 25, 2018  
    Thank you for the replies guys. I shall make an Unholy DK then
    You'll have to play with a Shadow Priest then, not a healer because you won't have nowhere enough pressure with full PvP to take down heal+dps comps if you're playing with a healer.
    Same applies for a Ret, you'd have to play with a hunter/rogue/mage and do a lot of support (heals, hands, tanking with shield etc).

11. May 25, 2018  
    You'll have to play with a Shadow Priest then, not a healer because you won't have nowhere enough pressure with full PvP to take down heal+dps comps if you're playing with a healer.
    Same applies for a Ret, you'd have to play with a hunter/rogue/mage and do a lot of support (heals, hands, tanking with shield etc).
    disc priest works fine, rsham works aswell

12. May 25, 2018  
    dk, ret, warlok, priest, healer in general

13. May 26, 2018  
    Healer by far, the more resilience the merrier

14. May 26, 2018  
    I have to disagree with Ret, its extremely gear reliant. And double moreso if you have to stick to the T1 weapon or run quel dalar. You can duel like a champ with full pvp due to the resiliance but you wont kill much. The difference between a fully pvp ret and a pve/pvp one is quite big. Youll still be alright in ret/hunter or similar due to how the comp works, but only there.

In fact, all Melee are quite pve gear dependant, DK (and rogue) can work without though but they are a lot better with, for a DK for example its like 20+% difference in strenghts alone, atop of all the other stats and you lose all the weapon damage + the strenghts proc and you rely on Damage so it matters a lot, you will have to be way way better then them to make up that difference (and yes, there have been partly furious geared DKs at the top of the ladder, but they all had Smourne). Casters on the other hand are a lot better in pvp gear, if not reliant on them. You can run Ele, lock, frost mage, shadow all with full PVP gear (bar trinkets), same with healers (since all bar hpala should run around 1400 resiliance) which require even less pve gear since you can just go Nelf/horde every time (saves you having to get 1 trinket). Most of them can be run with the AH ring + rep ring + trinkets and if you have access to the pvp weapon youll do fine.

And since most of the caster comps actually rely on CC chains to win instead of damageing through healing or killing in a small window of CC you can get a lot higher even in badish gear.

So roll a Caster.

15. May 26, 2018  
    If you can't get PvE gear (which you can, just by selling gold) your only choice is a healer.