1. May 25, 2018  

Threat management?

Hey guys, I'm hoping you can help me out.

So my guild has recently moved into T5 content and I'm finding threat to be an issue for me. The odd thing is I'm seeing Mages/Locks in my raid consistently getting like 12-1300 dps, but when I start getting around 900+ I am right under the tank on Omen, and usually start getting the 90% threat flashing/whistles etc from Omen lol. As far as I know Mages for example only get Invis, which I believe is on the same cool as Vanish. So how is it with me using feint/vanish I'm still having to slow DPS to not pass the tank? I'm wondering if maybe Omen isn't reporting correctly, I don't recall ever actually pulling agro unless the Tank died. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. May 26, 2018  
    I don't think using Feint is a good idea, unless you have to fight specific boss (Morogrim, Void Reaver, etc.).

Just use your vanish when you have used all your CDs (usually at the beginning of the fight), and you should be safe until the end of the fight, except if your tank have threat isue.

3. June 1, 2018  
    Use Feint if you notice you're having aggro issues at the start of the fight. I use Feint every fight, but only at the start of the fight. At least once, but sometimes even 4 times depending on tank threat output. I prefer to wait like 1 minute into the battle to use Vanish so that I can be sure I won't overaggro after it.
    You can go up to 110% of tank threat before pulling as a melee. Ranged classes can go up to 130%. They have a way bigger margin before they need to pop their threat CD. That's likely why you see your Mages and locks go full out.
    Just practice and find a way that works for you. Don't stop attacking unless you are really going to overaggro, even while Feinting on cooldown. It's much better DPS to spam Feint and attack than to not attack at all. Proper Vanish management is the key though.
    If you're >really< having issues and need to stop attacking often, consider speccing Hemo Deadliness (http://calculators.iradei.eu/talents...02301210400000). It's going to be around 5-10% lower personal DPS than Combat Swords but you will have Prep and lower cooldown Vanishes. If you just want the lower cooldown Vanishes go for Hemo Swords (http://calculators.iradei.eu/talents...02300110000000), which does more DPS than Hemo Deadliness but still around 5% less than Combat Swords. The DPS loss will of course be offset by being able to Vanish more often, but only if you need to slow your DPS so much that it impacts your DPS by more than 5%.

4. June 3, 2018  
    Hey guys, I'm hoping you can help me out.

So my guild has recently moved into T5 content and I'm finding threat to be an issue for me. The odd thing is I'm seeing Mages/Locks in my raid consistently getting like 12-1300 dps, but when I start getting around 900+ I am right under the tank on Omen, and usually start getting the 90% threat flashing/whistles etc from Omen lol. As far as I know Mages for example only get Invis, which I believe is on the same cool as Vanish. So how is it with me using feint/vanish I'm still having to slow DPS to not pass the tank? I'm wondering if maybe Omen isn't reporting correctly, I don't recall ever actually pulling agro unless the Tank died. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    It requires you to surpass 110% of tank threat to actually pull agro on a boss being tanked, unless the tank moves out of melee range of the boss or some similar type of boss mechanic where the boss already switches target. Good example is Anetheron when he turns around to do carrion swarm he will switch target to cast it and then he will return to the tank, if a melee however is above 100% threat at this point he will simply swap to the melee dps instead of back to the tank, since the melee is the highest target on threat within melee range.

For ranged they need to surpass 130% threat in order to pull the boss, which is also why ranged dps can get melee killed. Example would be a ranged hits 131% threat and pulls the boss from the tank, they then instantly drop agro causing the boss to now revert to the next person on the threat list which could be a melee dps at 101% threat. So while initially the melee dps was safe at 101% the ranged dps pulling caused a tank switch which resulted in the melee no longer being safe.

If you trust your tank and your raid and you're aware of the fight it's pretty safe to ride between 100-109% threat, but there are risks involved. As for your particular issues, use Feint and strategically use your Vanish. You could also make some friendly suggestions towards raid composition that might help the tank provide more threat, in the past I've had tank groups with rotating Bloodlusts (Void Reaver) to aid with threat for speed kills.

5. July 2, 2018  
    Just use your vanish when you have used all your CDs (usually at the beginning of the fight), and you should be safe until the end of the fight, except if your tank have threat isue.
    I would recommend this too. Just pool some energy, vanish, and reopen with garrote. The DPS loss will be minimal.