1. May 27, 2018  
    I forwarded this concern yesterday. The reply I got today is that if there's good evidence (hard to do with screenshots, but a video would do, I assume) that a player is in fact repeatedly doing it just as "trolling" to keep others from progressing with the quest, action would be taken against them.

2. May 27, 2018  
    I dont think that q was balanced around a 12 k pop server. Add it to the list of stuff that is imba and move on.

3. May 28, 2018  
    Thank you for the notice, Obnoxious. It's much appreciated. With this in mind, it'll hopefully make it a less pain-staking task to do this section of QD.

And to respond to you, angrylol. I don't see what is social about the laundry quest. It's just sit there for a moment(Or longer), get the **** done you need to, and go. Especially if, in your case, you just go up there to steal the tabard, and move on.

In fact, I'd say the quest is quite anti-social, unless someone decides to speak up, try to work out an order, and then everyone follows that order (Which is highly unlikely, dare I quote what you said previously about trying to do the quest.

Why, for the most part, I would bother to play good and "fair" with some random dudes who I will never play with again?
    I don't try to make Sun rise in the west, and that was my whole point - recognize situation and make best of it.
    Which seems to contradict what you've most recently written down about WoW being a social game, and even more-so in regards to what you wrote about the laundry quest. I'm not quite sure I understand what you're trying to get at, at this point. As one moment you seem to have this "All for one" attitude, then the next it's the opposite in "One for all".

4. May 28, 2018  
    That's just a symptom of high population and rates. It has changed unwritten rules of behavior. It's logical and expected result. That's why I said to recognize the "game". There is no reputation to protect in context of whole server, so majority wont bother with order and fair and whatnot. So "rule" is - competent ones are faster. And I urge you, instead of changing the world, change yourself, become fastest and smartest, get it done as fast as you like.

And it's ok, game is better because of it. You work with others and compete in given setting. That is most social thing there is. Don't replace that with vendor.

5. May 28, 2018  
    That's just a symptom of high population and rates. It has changed unwritten rules of behavior. It's logical and expected result. That's why I said to recognize the "game". There is no reputation to protect in context of whole server, so majority wont bother with order and fair and whatnot. So "rule" is - competent ones are faster. And I urge you, instead of changing the world, change yourself, become fastest and smartest, get it done as fast as you like.

And it's ok, game is better because of it. You work with others and compete in given setting. That is most social thing there is. Don't replace that with vendor.
    No, it's not OK at all.
    Some still believe that this world is not complete trash so I'm glad to see Obnoxious' post.

6. May 28, 2018  
    Believe what you want, but deal with reality. And action against complete mental dudes who click on shirts all day is a good thing. I'm just afraid of these "bleeding hearts" will take it too far, however I know staff will draw a good line there.

That's why I said - it's all ok.

7. May 28, 2018  
    Questline is not made to fit into a 12k cap server. Whenever i look at the quest point, i see 2-5 people waiting for the quest.

There a 3 very frutrating point while doing the quest.
    1. the very long waiting time until the quest is available for the next player
    2. quest items are clickable by everyone
    3. quest item is steal able

5 people waiting to start the quest as fast as possible, interrupting themself, and finally number 6 steals the quest award.
    There is not realy much to do by waremane to solve this problem effectivly, beside one option: lower the timer to reaply the quest. People would be much nicer to each other and more willing to wait their turn if it would take 30-60 min in a queue of 5.

@warmane: please consider to lower the timer between two quest attempts to a much shorter time or zero.

8. May 28, 2018  
    People would be much nicer to each other and more willing to wait their turn if it would take 30-60 min in a queue of 5.
    No, they wouldn't. Respect is something you either have or don't, it isn't time-based.

But people competing to have something meant to be that uncommon is fine. Annoying to people who are waiting and have it stolen, but still "fine." The issue brought up by the thread, and which made me forward it, is there being people purposefully trying to just ruin the quest for others, not just "cutting the line." There's no intention of stopping people who are doing the quest from being dicks, only those who are there just to disrupt the quest and keep others from doing it in ways that don't involve pure PvP actions and such.

9. May 28, 2018  
    No, they wouldn't. Respect is something you either have or don't, it isn't time-based.
    People are not either white or black, people are always grey. Do you tried to do the quest recently? You need a lot of patient sitting there for 3 hours, seeing other people cutting lines or stealing. Who ever i talked to, doing the quest, they all went from "wating in line" to "**** it, i steal it, too" at some point. It is just a matter of time until they lose their patient.

10. May 28, 2018  
    People are not either white or black, people are always grey. Do you tried to do the quest recently? You need a lot of patient sitting there for 3 hours, seeing other people cutting lines or stealing. Who ever i talked to, doing the quest, they all went from "wating in line" to "**** it, i steal it, too" at some point. It is just a matter of time until they lose their patient.
    If your respect for the people already waiting before you is based on how long you have to wait yourself, you don't have respect for them, you're just willing to wait some before showing you are disrespectful. There's no such thing as "grey respect for people there before you."

11. May 28, 2018  
    If your respect for the people already waiting before you is based on how long you have to wait yourself, you don't have respect for them, you're just willing to wait some before showing you are disrespectful. There's no such thing as "grey respect for people there before you."
    So you will still wait in line ofter 3 hours even if you see that it will never be your turn if people get inbetween like before? First of all, it is a game, so i want fun and waiting in line for absolutly nothing is not fun for me. Sure there is a point where i choose either to quit the quest or steal myself. It is not about disrespecting people, it is about being able to have fun or not.
    It is not like you can finish the quest within one hour if you wait in line, it is more like you will never finish it. If you waiting in line at place 5 and the only thing you see is that everyone new in the room goes to place one while sit at 5 forever. You simply has to make a decision, abandond the quest or abuse the system yourself.

If you can only play at peak hours, thanks to 12k cap, you are not able to finish the quest without abusing the system. This is the reason why i never do the quest, i dont like to wait for nothing, guild members always report to wait hours or days for one quest until... abusing it themself.

12. May 28, 2018  
    So you will still wait in line ofter 3 hours even if you see that it will never be your turn if people get inbetween like before? First of all, it is a game, so i want fun and waiting in line for absolutly nothing is not fun for me. Sure there is a point where i choose either to quit the quest or steal myself. It is not about disrespecting people, it is about being able to have fun or not.
    It is not like you can finish the quest within one hour if you wait in line, it is more like you will never finish it. If you waiting in line at place 5 and the only thing you see is that everyone new in the room goes to place one while sit at 5 forever. You simply has to make a decision, abandond the quest or abuse the system yourself.

If you can only play at peak hours, thanks to 12k cap, you are not able to finish the quest without abusing the system. This is the reason why i never do the quest, i dont like to wait for nothing, guild members always report to wait hours or days for one quest until... abusing it themself.
    All your excuses just boil down to "I'm more important than anyone who was there before me," no matter how you try to relativize it.

13. May 28, 2018  
    All your excuses just boil down to "I'm more important than anyone who was there before me," no matter how you try to relativize it.
    Sure am i more important to me than others. Nothing special here, dont try to make me look like a selfish guy, thats simply reality. Everyone is playing for fun, not only me. But why are you always chaning the subject to me, aways from the problem? I am not even doing the quest...

Keep being objectiv. quest chain is not doable at peak hours. reporting and punishing people who abuse the system is not going to solve the problem. Changing timer for quest availability would help, this is not chaning any critical in the quest.

14. May 28, 2018  
    What would be optimal time to complete the quest? How many people are doing it each hour at specific times?
    Some actual numbers and facts would be nice if you expect to show the gravity of this problem.

I, personally, don't see it. Yeah, there are people, yeah, there are trolls. However I have completed the quest and so have.. everyone who tried.

15. May 28, 2018  
    Sure am i more important to me than others. Nothing special here, dont try to make me look like a selfish guy
    I don't have to, you did the whole job for me. Now get some people who were passed by people like you to come here and state they didn't feel they were disrespected by what you say you would do.

But why are you always chaning the subject to me, aways from the problem? I am not even doing the quest...
    Because I personally consider the mentality you're showing to be the problem, not how long the respawn of something meant to not be common is. You can say "everyone is like that" as much as you like, but that's just an excuse to be another one to join the herd. No one would force you into doing what "everyone else" is doing - you yourself make that choice.

First 123 Last