1. May 28, 2018  

Old wotlk player to TBC

Hey guys,
    5 years of WotLK later, I am getting a little tired of content. Tried Lordaeron realm for x1 leveling, but I don't have enough patience.

Thinking of trying out TBC x5 realm we got here. What's different, what's harder, whats unique and just annoying?

Quick questions on top:
    1. Is there RDF built-in? (I know it was introduced only in 3.x.x, but since its privater server...?)
    2. Class Balance - especially for tanks? I like warriors - as well as healer. Don't care much for dps or pvp content
    3. Server/realm economy? Drops enough gold to proceed w/o begging :D (We all've done it at least once, dont lie)
    4. Community as a whole, such as raiding / guilds and toxicity?

Thanks!

2. May 28, 2018  
    1. RDF does not exist.
    2. Paladins are the best AoE tank. Warriors and Druids perform better at single-target. There are a lot of things that imbalance the tanks, but people tend to just do stuff with any of the three anyways.
    3. It's TBC. You'll need to work your backside off to earn the gold you want for things you would consider trivial in WotLK, such as paying for your spells.
    4. About the same as any other WoW community I guess.

Honestly, TBC x5 rates leveling experience is similar in fashion to WotLK x1. The biggest difference being you are going to kill things slower on TBC, you won't have access to heirlooms, and gold will always be something you need to pinch and scrape together in order to afford things until you reach max level - unless you actually spend time gathering materials and selling them on the AH.