1. May 29, 2018  

Resilience vs armor pen ARMS warrior

Hi, ill try to make this quick, i've been seeing alot of guides online and on warmane about pvp warriors. I'm arms and i know armor pen is the primary stat and whatnot but i also see alot of guides or most guides stressing the importance on resilience.
    Now im heavy into pvp from world pvp to arena and my question is, based on the types of gear i see is it safe to assume that you either go resilience OR armor penetration?

E.g i have most of the relentless pieces minus the shoulders and boots, shoulders i have raging behemoths and boots hellfrozen bonegrinders. I see the entire relentless set and even wrathful is geared toward crit and resil.
    I know you're supposed to reach your primary stat and then gem the other in this case im guessing gemming out armor pen, since i've already hit the hit rating cap. But what is really the best gear stat for pvp? armor pen or resil for survivability? Or am i supposed to strike a balance with gear like leggings of painful death for armor pen.

Another thing i see is the ymirjar set for frost emblems and that set is like purely armor pen. So at this point in gearing im confused cuz everyone has a different set of opinions and i'm now getting back into this game after some years.
    Any help or clarification would be appreciated.
    Edited: May 29, 2018

2. May 29, 2018  
    Use 4/5 rele/wf or 5/5 wf if you can get shoulders, otherwise replace shoulders with pve shoulders, use pvp arp neck and everywhere else you should have pve items from icc and fill every gem slot with resi, except in pants or chest to activate ur meta with arp+stamina gem or nightmare tear. For enchants use resi enchants everywhere possible (chest and pants)
    Edited: May 29, 2018 Reason: more info

3. May 29, 2018  
    On every class you want as much resiliance to survive and not a bit more. Its a useless stat otherwise, all it does is make you survive longer. And Heroic PVE gear has more stats overall if you gem resiliance. I.e you can either go full pvp gear and gem all ARP or full PVE and gem Resiliance, you end up with around 1-1.k resiliance with both but the PVE set has way way way more damaging stats and since ARP is stronger the more you have as are most other stats the full PVE warrior is at a giant advantage.

In general, warrior is one of the worst classes if you dont have access to high end items.

4. May 29, 2018  
    Use 4/5 rele/wf or 5/5 wf if you can get shoulders, otherwise replace shoulders with pve shoulders, use pvp arp neck and everywhere else you should have pve items from icc and fill every gem slot with resi, except in pants or chest to activate ur meta with arp+stamina gem or nightmare tear. For enchants use resi enchants everywhere possible (chest and pants)
    if i fill every gem slow with resil wont my arp be low? since the relentless and wrathful sts only give resil and crit and no arp.
    I am only missing the arp pvp neck which im working on getting. The pve items from ICC im guessing is what the ymirjar set?
    It's a bit harder to get the icc stuff for me cuz im not part of any raiding guild not knowing any good ones so i have to pug it so for now i have 3/5 relentless with wrathful off pieces.

5. May 29, 2018  
    On every class you want as much resiliance to survive and not a bit more. Its a useless stat otherwise, all it does is make you survive longer. And Heroic PVE gear has more stats overall if you gem resiliance. I.e you can either go full pvp gear and gem all ARP or full PVE and gem Resiliance, you end up with around 1-1.k resiliance with both but the PVE set has way way way more damaging stats and since ARP is stronger the more you have as are most other stats the full PVE warrior is at a giant advantage.

In general, warrior is one of the worst classes if you dont have access to high end items.
    hm ok, right now im @ 880 resil and with my current gear i do have alot of fun with it even tho i don't have most of the high end pieces. I'm working on getting DBW and the twilight scale at the moment. But apart from that it's armor pieces i was most concerned about cuz the pve icc set is kinda out of reach so im stuck with relentless as the moment. So i guess ill change my ehchants to the resil ones and try and get as close to 1000 as possible.

6. May 29, 2018  
    The point is that you use PvE HC offset and gem resilience, that way you actually get same resil as say someone with full PvP , but you also get WAY more arpen and strength than him even if he spams only arp gems on his full pvp gear. (Also on PvP offset you lose strength on 3 items - cloak, neck and ring) so that's even more of a stat loss.

Of course, when you're just gearing it won't matter that much, it's just important to have a decent amount of resil so you don't get 3 hit. I don't know if it works for a warrior, but when I was low geared on my non-healer chars (Paladin, DK) I always went for a ****ton of resil because I knew I won't be able to 1v1 a bis/very geared players (unless they're really bad), but at least I was able to be a huge annoyance and tank decently even in furious.