1. May 30, 2018  

RBG ID's

So, regarding the rbg numbers/IDs, which have been removed either intentionally or unintentionally, any news or insight about this? Is this just a bug that will be fixed or done for the purpose of disabling premades?

2. May 30, 2018  
    Yes. We need to know what is going on. I think we still can see the id of other specifics but no RBG.

Is this a bug or feature ?
    Edited: May 30, 2018

3. May 30, 2018  
    I guess those ****s whining about "Oh ally premades are all 6k+!", "Horde premades always have 18 healers in WSG" and similar finally won.
    Truly a sad moment in Warmane history. Rip AV Enabler, 5 man premades is all we get now.

4. May 30, 2018  
    It's a bug, it was bugged like this a few months ago and got fixed in a matter of days (a day to be exact).

5. May 31, 2018  
    It's a bug, it was bugged like this a few months ago and got fixed in a matter of days (a day to be exact).
    Its on purpose to go blizzlike.

6. May 31, 2018  
    Are you sure? I tho it's bug, but I really don't remember how it used to work on retail. I just know that the last few times it happened it got "fixed" in a matter of days.

7. May 31, 2018  
    its not blizzlike and is a bug. unless warmane decided to implement this "Custom" feature

8. May 31, 2018  
    its not blizzlike and is a bug. unless warmane decided to implement this "Custom" feature
    Yo , i ask malaco's stream yesterday to be sure , and its on purpose to have more balanced BG with random and go blizzlike.
    Notice u can still see number if u queu specific.

9. May 31, 2018  

10. May 31, 2018  
    Yo , i ask malaco's stream yesterday to be sure , and its on purpose to have more balanced BG with random and go blizzlike.
    Then this is the best thing Warmane has done for Icecrown bgs in a long time. I might actually think about trying it out again. Under the AV Enabler regime, Icecrown is the most unfriendly server for new players I've ever seen, on any private server. Gearing up a new toon on Frostwolf is a breeze by comparison.

It's also a smart business move- you guys who queue up in 10 man premades of 6.2k+ gs players have already donated for your Shadowmournes and stuff. You don't even allow new players a chance in your guilds with the 20k honorable kill requirements and stuff like that. So the Icecrown bg scene has been dominated by a handful of no-lifers who spend night after night farming lowbies in your 10 man premades. New players who might be inclined to give Icecrown a try have no place in the big premades, so most of them quickly give up.

And it's not even that fun being on the side of the 10 mans- I did it for a while in The Knight's Templar and was bored to tears by it. Victory is rarely in doubt, so everyone just spends their time running around looking for kills and damage to look good on the charts. It's a sad excuse for pvp, which is why I left Icecrown and play on Frostwolf. Maybe I'll give it another shot if this latest policy changes things.

Honestly, though- guilds will probably just find a work-around, especially if the specific bg queue still includes bg numbers. The terror these guys have of queueing up with anything less than 9 other geared-to-the-teeth players is just too great- they will find a way.
    Edited: May 31, 2018

11. May 31, 2018  
    Go blizzlike with transmog. O.K.
    Don't need to trigger yourself because u cant run anymore 15 man pm in Slot to farm Hks like apes...
    its of the best change they did recently about PvP.

12. May 31, 2018  
    The Knight's Templar
    I found the reason of your boredom.

p.s Save some salt for the rest of us. My people need it as currency.

13. May 31, 2018  
    p.s Save some salt for the rest of us. My people need it as currency.
    No salt, I just play on Frostwolf where bgs include actual pvp, at least a lot of the time.

14. May 31, 2018  

It's also a smart business move- you guys who queue up in 10 man premades of 6.2k+ gs players have already donated for your Shadowmournes and stuff. You don't even allow new players a chance in your guilds with the 20k honorable kill requirements and stuff like that. So the Icecrown bg scene has been dominated by a handful of no-lifers who spend night after night farming lowbies in your 10 man premades. New players who might be inclined to give Icecrown a try have no place in the big premades, so most of them quickly give up.
    There is so much wrong with this. First of all, gearing a character on Icecrown is literally one of the easiest things to do in the world. You can get 6k without donating in 3 weeks without any issues.

Secondly, you make the point that "We shouldn't HAVE to play with or versus these big premades with great gear." just like I shouldn't HAVE to play with people completely new to the server either. Don't get me wrong, I do play with anyone and I don't mind, but if i wanted to i shouldn't HAVE to.

Lastly, the top guilds are still going to keep the same requirements, and there are alot of other ways to know if all of you get the same number.

Save the salt for another day bud.

15. May 31, 2018  
    There is so much wrong with this. First of all, gearing a character on Icecrown is literally one of the easiest things to do in the world. You can get 6k without donating in 3 weeks without any issues.
    Assuming (rather generously) that this is correct, then, ok you've got a 6k gs toon to solo queue with. How is that supposed to help you when you get in the bg, see the same 10 no-lifers who queue up every night without fail, and who run around in a big zerg where there's not the slightest possibility that anything will happen other than you getting farmed in the gy?

The Icecrown bg scene is utter and complete crap, for all except those in the 10 man AV enabler premade club. And it's not even that fun for those in it, at least for those of us who welcome a challenge. There's a certain trollish personality which thrives on it, and those are the ones who queue the 10 man premades night after night. And I've been in the club, I just didn't care for it. I'd much rather do bgs on a server where the result of the bg is frequently in doubt and where individual skill makes a noticeable difference.

And I agree nothing will change since the established guilds don't want it to. But I at least give Warmane credit for recognizing the problem and trying. Maybe they will come up with something that does work.
    Edited: May 31, 2018

123 ... Last