1. May 30, 2018  

Horde bg queues

As i mainly focus on the pvp aspect of the game, one of my favourite things about the Outland server was the quick bg queues.

I understand and agree with the philosophy of the changes, but the consequences are more troublesome than the issues fixed.
    After the bg change, and the alliance>horde transfer, the queues have become 10 times as long, which means i now spend more time in queue running around rather than playing the game i love.
    I'd rather play a 3v7 bg with a fast queue than this.

This also turns an already steep and tedious honor grind for new players into something almost unfathomable, it hits fresh blood the most, which will undoubtedly run the pvp population dry in the long run. No new players, no community.

Please i implore you to find an alternative solution, either enabling horde vs horde bgs, or reverting the system back with only x2 queues allowed as many other players suggested, to reduce the bg hopping's popularity.

Kind regards,
    Babbi

2. May 30, 2018  
    agreed

Won a lame 15v6 game yesterday too after waiting almost 20 mins

3. May 30, 2018  
    Wait they enabled alliance to horde? Thats just gonna cause issues :S

4. May 30, 2018  
    well i think that they should do like you can see on other servers, like you said.

horde-allys vs horde-allys.

5. May 30, 2018  
    Horde vs Horde will result in this server becoming more lop-sided than it already is by removing the advantage of going alliance which is shorter Q times.

As a new player, it's actually very easy to obtain gear. Just lose 10 arenas every week, and slowly collect arena gear.

6. May 30, 2018  
    Yeah, but not even half of the gear is obtainable by Arena Points. It takes an enormous amount of bgs to get all the offset pieces required to be competitive in arena, and that can only be done by honor farming.

Agree on the Horde vs Horde bgs would result in the server population's tilting even more so in horde's favour, but players have suggested other reasonable changes, which could be worth testing.

One is allowing players to queue only x2 bgs, so the jumping would be limited to 1.
    Another is having players unable to join other bgs once inside one, but preserving the queues, and a sort of priority ranking for the other queues once the first bg is over. Which would encourage people to play more than 1 bg a day (which is happening a lot now)
    Edited: June 1, 2018

7. June 1, 2018  
    Please bring forth your suggestions, opinions and ideas. Either direction they may swing. All i'm trying to achieve is to spark a conversation about the topic.

8. June 4, 2018  

9. June 4, 2018  
    ally > horde doesn't work
    It does since a couple of weeks ago

10. June 5, 2018  
    I believe the two queue option is a good compromise between the 1 and 3 queue option. It will limit the queue times and queue jumping.

11. June 5, 2018  
    I personally think that the change has some promise; given that when people were in multiple queues, the typical thing you would see is people abandoning a BG the second they were losing, for a newer queue.
    The problem I see now that is most prevalent, and infuriating to me at least; is that the Horde a) clearly have no idea how to win a BG, how to play objectives and defend said objectives, b) the Horde has no care about winning and making more honor by doing so, they'd much rather fight mid or on the road and farm HKs, c) they are either ******ed or bots.
    It could be all the above as well.

I seriously do not understand it though.
    It seems every game I join,
    3-4 people will actually be trying to win,
    well the rest run around like sheep fighting wherever they see alliance,
    more often than not, far away from flags and objectives.
    Are there tons of bots in BGs or are people just this dumb?

12. June 5, 2018  
    well i think that they should do like you can see on other servers, like you said.

horde-allys vs horde-allys.
    This would be very cool to see.

13. June 6, 2018  
    Are there tons of bots in BGs or are people just this dumb?
    A lot of geared people who already have the rewards they want (mount, the epic gems, the tabards etc), will just road-fight non stop for fun

And yea quite a few bots or people who are like near-afk or watching tv

14. June 6, 2018  
    i know this pisses off the vorthos players,
    but queing needs to come back.
    id much rather have a non-game every once in a while than consistently wait 16-30 minutes
    and its not like the games with only 2 people or all bots dont happen anymore.
    they still do.
    just now you have to wait 20 minutes to lose

15. June 6, 2018  
    i know this pisses off the vorthos players,
    but queing needs to come back.
    id much rather have a non-game every once in a while than consistently wait 16-30 minutes
    and its not like the games with only 2 people or all bots dont happen anymore.
    they still do.
    just now you have to wait 20 minutes to lose
    Switch to alliance. Problem solved.

The population imbalance in terms of PvP is the problem here, not the new BG system.
    Making BG hopping possible again is not the right solution because the change was implemented in the first place to stop that cancer.

12 Last