1. June 5, 2018  

10 man setup WotLK question

Hi guys are ret pallies viable to make melee heavy 10 man team for raiding all raids in WotLK ? What are other classes that are necessery for this to work ?

2. June 5, 2018  
    If u want to solo raids then its better to use range DPS because melee are too complicated to controll in a boss encounter where u have to tank, heal and dps at the same time.
    Spriests work very well in Wotlk as far as I know.
    Edited: June 5, 2018

3. June 5, 2018  
    I've had success in raids with ret pallies, that was before all the "fixes" the server got, however it is more difficult doing raids solo these days, I recommend going 8 man, and bringing a few friends, or possibly 25 man and bring all 10, you can greatly contribute if you tank/dps, or heal/dps, all dps is easier, but if anyone wants to join you, I feel they are more inclined if you're doing a little extra. in any case, good luck!

4. June 6, 2018  
    Thanks guys my setup now is 4 pallies(all ret maybe 1 will switch to holy or ptot) 1 dk(unh) 1 war(prot) 1 druid(tank) 1 priest (holy or disc) 1 hunter (mm) 1 shaman (resto) thats why I asked how rets fare in 10 man content.

5. June 6, 2018  
    With this setup u wont get far in any 10 man raid. When u mix melee and range dps then u have to split ur team in 3 groups in a boss encounter.
    The Tank needs to stay infront of the boss, the melee dps behind the boss and the range dps and healer a bit away from the boss.
    How do u wanna manage the movement in any boss encounter where movement is involved when ur team is split on 3 locations?

Its much better to have ur whole team packed together at one spot and let only the tank go in the melee range of the boss. Then u can move much easier out of area dmg and other boss abilitys that need to be avoided.
    So if ur goal is to solo 10 man raids then don't multibox melee dps in ur raid.
    Edited: June 6, 2018

6. June 6, 2018  
    I think ill try 8 rets 1 prot war and 1 blood dk with haste and ap. I am pro melee team and I think it is worth a shot atleast, still If I can't manage that way I will go with 6 spriests or so.

7. June 6, 2018  
    With this setup u wont get far in any 10 man raid.
    Exactly. the more types of classes you add, the trouble maintaining them goes up exponentially.

I think ill try 8 rets 1 prot war and 1 blood dk with haste and ap. I am pro melee team and I think it is worth a shot at least, still If I can't manage that way I will go with 6 spriests or so.
    You can do HC's without a healer, But I feel you will run into trouble trying to raid without one in your comp. I'd main a resto dru, or shammy. I loved Disc for HC's though. Good luck with your decision. Let us know how it goes for you.
    Edited: June 6, 2018

8. June 7, 2018  
    It is possible to atleast manage 3-4 classes I have seen it in youtube so there is a way! I am boxing in TBC now and I doubt I will box soon in WotLK but I will try to remember and share if I do it.