1. June 6, 2018  

Memory Error, Crash to Desktop in Northrend

Hello, I previously discovered this issue when playing on the server yesterday. I was in Dalaran for all of 5 minutes when I got a crash to desktop with
    This application has encountered a critical error:

Not enough memory resources are available to process this command.

As the popup text. Normally, this would puzzle me and I would try to recreate it to see if I could debunk the problem so today I logged in, and, while monitoring my memory, GPU, and CPU usages, did recreate the problem in the same timeframe, 5 minutes. My CPU was at 32% capacity, GPU at 19%, and memory usage, when the crash happened, was at 49%. My specs are as follows:
    CPU: IntelĀ® Core™ Processor i5-8600K 3.60GHZ 9MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151 (Coffee Lake)
    MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG Z1)
    VIDEO: GeForceĀ® GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 (Pascal)

As my specs allow, I do run the game on ultra settings, though this is the first private server I've had this issue on, probably due to the high player count.
    Please feel free to reply at your leisure, any help I can receive from both the community and the staff would be well appreciated.

Thanks!

EDIT: I play on the server Icecrown, if this helps with any sort of debunking.

2. June 6, 2018  
    it is because of WoD models.
    You have 2 option to solve the problem:

1. use this software: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...-aware.112556/ it may allow wow.exe to use more RAM

2. Delete WoD models in this way:
    1. Open WoD folder
    2. Open the Data folder.
    3. Delete the patch-w.mpq file.
    4. Open the enUS folder.
    5. Delete the patch-enUS-w.mpq file.

3. June 6, 2018  
    It usually happens if you use wotlk client with WoD character models. Either use regular wotlk client ("wotlk (old)" on Warmane download page) or use this to allow WoW.exe to use more memory: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...-aware.112556/

4. June 6, 2018  
    I actually do not have the WoD models installed, just the basic 3.3.5a. But I'll give the link you listed a look.

5. June 6, 2018  
    If you downloaded "wotlk" not "wotlk (old)" from Warmane download page, you have WoD models. You could still get the error without WoD models if you use many addons and ultra settings but it shouldn't happen that often.

6. June 6, 2018  
    Yeah, no I don't have the WoD models. I used the old download link, running on ultra with no add-ons installed. Probably just Windows capping memory usage at a certain percentage to avoid causing a system overload. I downloaded the tool with the link provided, will keep you all posted.

7. June 9, 2018  
    Post is becoming relevant again. Even with the program, I'm still getting memory issues and crash to desktops in and around Dalaran. It doesn't happen anywhere else, though I did have a weird glitch in Elwynn Forest where my UI and textures weren't loading, which was solved with a relog.

8. June 9, 2018  
    With same PC parts as you mentioned, i get the same problem, which should not happen.
    From my reports i understand that, wow is requesting to use 5.000+ megabytes of memory.
    And it's not just you and me.
    Many people have the same problem, and not all of them have addons or running wow at ultra settings.

PS: I don't have WoD model, just the old one.

9. Got similar problem and lotsa my ingame friends have it too. What cousing that problem? Friend on mine told me that WOTLK from beggining was designed for 2-4GB of ram, If you have 8++ GB of ram, WOTLK doesnt fully understand these kind of a numbers and crash the game to prevent memory overload. As far as i know client must be modified to be able fix this problem. Low hopes that molten will even try to do it. So most likly we have to live with few crash there and there

10. Problem is still relevant,, wish a Staff member would get back to me about this issue. Even with the editing tool the crashes are still frequent, which is an issue since I'm currently leveling a character through Northrend, where I have the problem most.

11. Those random crashes are not caused by the server so staff can't help you much.
    If you're having random crashes even without the new models and anywhere in the world, you might wanna check your sole system stability? I've had that error pop up way more often on my PC's overclocked CPU (it's not 100% stable, but heyo I don't need 100%, like 98% is fine by me), but I think I never had it on my laptop.
    Consider checking memory and maybe your CPU if you've overclocked it.

12. This can not be due to the fact that the client version (WoW) x32 system?
    All the same thing that the author described.

13. I have the same issue, I don't use WOD patch and I used LAA, I still crash...

Nobody willing to help us poor souls?

14. June 3, 2019  
    it is because of WoD models.
    You have 2 option to solve the problem:

1. use this software: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...-aware.112556/ it may allow wow.exe to use more RAM

2. Delete WoD models in this way:
    1. Open WoD folder
    2. Open the Data folder.
    3. Delete the patch-w.mpq file.
    4. Open the enUS folder.
    5. Delete the patch-enUS-w.mpq file.
    This fixed it for me.

15. I found a solution for Error #132, tested on Windows 10 64-bit. After a long time trying out different solutions I finally found it.
    Here's what you wanna do:

(make sure World of Warcraft isn't open)
    1. Go to Start
    2. Type "Add or Remove programs" and press Enter
    3. Locate Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 and delete it (if you have x86 and x64 delete both, for some reason WotLK doesn't support this version of Visual C++)
    4. If you don't have it already, go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=48145 and download Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 (both x86 and x64 version) and install them.
    5. Click Close.
    6. Run WoW.exe and enjoy!

Also, sometimes when you install a new graphics driver a new Visual C++ 2017 gets installed with it as well, so if it starts crashing again after you've installed the new driver repeat steps above.

Good luck!

12 Last