1. June 9, 2018  

The struggle is real?

I knew Icecrown was popular, but jeez... I didn't know it was that popular!

Spoiler: Show
    Edited: June 9, 2018

2. June 9, 2018  
    Yeah its popular indeed.

Upside tho.
    If you donate the smallest amount once you will be able to skip the que.
    So instead of waiting 4 hours to logg in you can play 4 hours (:

3. June 9, 2018  
    There were times where queue reached 2k...
    AMG Icecrown is ded!!....

4. June 9, 2018  
    There were times where queue reached 2k...
    AMG Icecrown is ded!!....
    I remember the 3,5k 8 hour long queues in Greymane back when Cataclysm launched. Oh...

5. eh the fact that anyone can ignore the queue by being a donor means it's there to make you want to donate, not to preserve server stability. If server stability was the priority, no one would be able to log in at a certain point.

6. eh the fact that anyone can ignore the queue by being a donor means it's there to make you want to donate, not to preserve server stability. If server stability was the priority, no one would be able to log in at a certain point.
    Logically that is true.

7. eh the fact that anyone can ignore the queue by being a donor means it's there to make you want to donate, not to preserve server stability. If server stability was the priority, no one would be able to log in at a certain point.
    Technically speaking, there is a cap of how many people can bypass and be beyond the normal population cap.

8. Long queues then, long queues now. Fortunately, just giving 12 bucks or 10 euros skipped the queue back then and skips the queue now.

9. Technically speaking, there is a cap of how many people can bypass and be beyond the normal population cap.
    of course, the hardware isn't infinite
    but stuff gets laggy long before it crashes from too many clients

10. of course, the hardware isn't infinite
    but stuff gets laggy long before it crashes from too many clients
    And how do you think people would react if we lowered the population cap because of stability now?
    Yeah, I can hear the pitchfork crowd going "M0LTUM JESS WANZ MUNNY!!11!"

11. And how do you think people would react if we lowered the population cap because of stability now?
    Yeah, I can hear the pitchfork crowd going "M0LTUM JESS WANZ MUNNY!!11!"
    hmm i don't see how they would get that impression if the cap applied to everyone.
    at most more people would be crying for a second server

12. And how do you think people would react if we lowered the population cap because of stability now?
    Reaction would be owerwhelmingly awesome, actually.
    Improved gameplay due to reduced serverside delay.

Freeloaders would be mad, probably.

M0LTUM JESS WANZ MUNNY!!11!"
    Ii does not matter what Warmane did, does or will do, there is always dat phrase around.
    You are not able to change the humanity.
    Edited: June 14, 2018

13. hmm i don't see how they would get that impression if the cap applied to everyone.
    at most more people would be crying for a second server
    We had our Developers work to get the core stable with 12000+ players and you yourself went with the "the queue is for money" bull****. I don't see how you could have that impression, yet you do, despite the cap applying to everyone and allowing that many people to be playing at once. If with a cap that high we get that sort of accusation as yours, I also can't see how you think that lowering it, i.e. making the queue even bigger and the wait even longer with the caveat of donors keeping their privileged access, wouldn't just make that sort of thing worse, with people saying we lowered the cap just to "force" more people to donate.

Reaction would be owerwhelmingly awesome, actually.
    Improved gameplay due to reduced serverside delay.

Freeloaders would be mad, probably.
    The "freeloaders" are the majority that allows you to play in a very populated server. Our servers aren't "donors first, "freeloaders" last." If they would be mad, we have an issue.

Ii does not matter what Warmane did, does or will do, there is always dat phrase around.
    You are not able to change the humanity.
    Doesn't means we should give them more fuel, which just means more stress and annoyance to us.

14. I am not saying the cap should be lowered, but there's clearly a point well below whatever the 'hard cap' is (I've never seen it as a donor so I assume that's just when the server crashes?) where non-donors can't get in anymore. That queue exists for money as far as I can tell... I am not saying the cap should be lowered, just that the queue only existing for non-donors gives the impression of a cash grab not concern for server stability.

There is no need to be defensive about the queue system, as a donor I would not mind having to wait in queue at peak hours if it meant when i was finally in it wouldn't be a laggy mess. I'm sure many feel the same.

This all pretty much comes back to the original mistake of merging rag into dw, which came off as a very knee-jerk reaction. I mean yeah pops were low at that time but that was because of Lordaeron hype, everyone was trying out the shiny new 1x server and were going to come home sooner or later. Merging seemed like a good idea at the time but it doubled the effect of that homecoming and brought us into this conundrum that is Icecrown.
    Edited: June 15, 2018

15. You're not making any sense.

1. We get the core able to have 12000+ people on at the same time, but that 12000 limit exists "for cash." Why raise the cap that much in the first place then? Why would we be "wasting" thousands of potential donors by not leaving the cap at 10000? Hell, why even waste that many, let's make the cap 8000 to get that many more juicy donations. Where's any semblance of logic in it being "for cash" to make it so thousands more people are able to play for free?

2. You're not saying the cap should be lowered, you're just saying you would prefer to wait to have "less lag" during peak times... with a lower cap? Or do you think that there are that many donors pushing the population past 12000 and they are the cause of "a laggy mess"?

You just come out as salty over what you call "a laggy mess during peak times" (which, if it was me, would have me consider moving slightly out of peak times, as I'd realize that asking to be put in a queue to avoid it would mean... being moved slight out of peak times with the delay spent in the queue...) and deciding to fuel it with a different flavor of "greedy Warmane." You're very likely aware of my stance to that.

12 Last