1. How does raiding work on Icecrown

Hello.
    New player here and I was wondering how raiding worked on Icecrown. I see the patch is 3.3.5. Does that mean Icecrown is pretty much the only raid people do? Is raiding Naxx or Ulduar a thing? I'm not terribly familiar with how private servers work but I remember when WOTLK was live, when 3.3.5 was out, not many people raided the previous tiers.

Thanks

2. You form a group of 10 or 25 people and go into a raid instance and try to beat the bosses.

3. No, there are not many Ulduar/Naxx/EoE groups since that gear is easily replaced by vote points/emblems of triumph/frost and Frozen Halls dungeons.
    If you really want to do those you can get a group, there are always people that are bored or want some transmog gear from lower tiers.

If you're just starting out I'd suggest to skip those raids if you wanna catch up with the rest faster, it's pretty much two-three days of RDF HC farming, then some TOC10/25, VOA10/25, some low alt run and you're set to get into a propper ICC10 in about a week or two of active gameplay for a couple of hours a day.

4. Be prepared to buy gear as most raids require you to have a gearscore higher than the content they are raiding

5. ICC, Ruby Sanctum, and Trial of Grand Crusader 25m are basically only raids taken seriously.

6. Thanks dudes. I miss the old Naxx days.

7. You can find people with similar interests and "progress", farm Naxx 24/7 or whatever you are after.

8. Pugs work like this: you wait 3 hours for 25 people to than disband on one of the first 4 bosses

End game HC guilds: accepting only people who already cleared everything and have all the gear so you can gear up the officers alts

9. Pugs work like this: you wait 3 hours for 25 people to than disband on one of the first 4 bosses

End game HC guilds: accepting only people who already cleared everything and have all the gear so you can gear up the officers alts
    Gonna need those BiS toons for 10 normals

10. Thanks dudes. I miss the old Naxx days.
    There are some guilds that do (with appropriate gear) progress on the older raids. There is a guild named "Broken Symmetry" on Horde that is currently doing progress on Ulduar 10-man.

11. I faction changed to alliance couple of month's ago to join a guild called "progress" which did Naxxramas 25 with only Naxx gear, 2-3 month's later we started progressing Ulduar 25 (after everyone was full Naxx geared) and if anyone had gear that was from Icecrown citadel they simply had to take it off or get kicked.
    Doin ulduar 25 with everyone on 4,6k gs was a really cool experience I never had on Icecrown before, we cleared everything, and even some bosses on hardmode.

But yeah if you want to experience this as well I will advice you to never try to pug Ulduar, Naxx can work but Thaddius is goin to be a *****, since almost no one knows tactics in these raids since everyone gear up trough FoS and PoS and then straight to ToC and ICC.

You will find people for these raids most definate because Transmog scrolls drops from every wotlk raid boss (around 5% chanse from each boss I would say from personal experience), so there's always people who wants to farm bosses for those scrolls, or the Items from the dungeons themself to transmog. Naxxramas will be easier to find a raid for then Ulduar, Since naxx is much easyer, quicker and has more bosses for more % chanse of getting scrolls.
    Edited: June 16, 2018

12. unless you want to raid old content aka progression, you will need to buy full cash shop gear to raid ICC or else no one will take you..

alternative to this is to be the raid leader and res all boe primos and gear for yourself.

13. unless you want to raid old content aka progression, you will need to buy full cash shop gear to raid ICC or else no one will take you..

alternative to this is to be the raid leader and res all boe primos and gear for yourself.
    Gonna need those BiS toons for 10 normals
    Pugs work like this: you wait 3 hours for 25 people to than disband on one of the first 4 bosses

Be prepared to buy gear as most raids require you to have a gearscore higher than the content they are raiding
    Disregard these butthurt dudes, getting ready to raid ICC10 normal takes about a week or two. You won't get into those "5.8k fast run, lk 100%, eof farm", but there are plenty 5.4+, especially day before reset.

14. Alt runs aswell take 5,2k - 5,4k gs too, just be fully gemmed and enchanted too for a better chans.