1. I swear bg's have a bias mechanic

There has to be some mechanic in bg's that helps one side win. Maybe it was done to try to give each side some wins i dont know but I know there is something.

Ill join bg's and were absolutely destroying. Crits flying everywhere, dropping fully geared opponents like a boss, single dps rotations forcing full defensive cds, soaking up damage with no problem, and this goes on for an hour or two.
    Then everything seems to change. Im blowing through full dps rotations and barely putting a dent in their health. All of sudden my health starts disappearing like houdini from every attack. Cant get a crit to save my life and when i do its stupidly low and im usually 3/4 dead anyway, even if i pop all my offensive cd's. I feel like a completely worthless nobb even though two games earlier i was dropping similarly geared enemies like flies.

Has anyone noticed this? I remember observing this on live as well

2. There has to be some mechanic in bg's that helps one side win. Maybe it was done to try to give each side some wins i dont know but I know there is something.

Ill join bg's and were absolutely destroying. Crits flying everywhere, dropping fully geared opponents like a boss, single dps rotations forcing full defensive cds, soaking up damage with no problem, and this goes on for an hour or two.
    Then everything seems to change. Im blowing through full dps rotations and barely putting a dent in their health. All of sudden my health starts disappearing like houdini from every attack. Cant get a crit to save my life and when i do its stupidly low and im usually 3/4 dead anyway, even if i pop all my offensive cd's. I feel like a completely worthless nobb even though two games earlier i was dropping similarly geared enemies like flies.

Has anyone noticed this? I remember observing this on live as well
    Usually, I find that the reason for such a difference is that you face people that actually know how to play their class. Having gear doesnt necessarily mean they know how to play their class (remember, this realm has existed for quite a long while, and there are people that play here for a very long time, so gear really means nothing).

Edit: I just want to add one more thing. Let's say you were in an arena vs another class, and your opponent's partner has died. Normally this would mean that you have won, since its unlikely that your opponent could win. However, should he decide to make your life difficult, depending on your opponent's skill level and your cds, it's possible he could rotate through all his cds and live for a full minute or so before finally dying. Now imagine that in a bg, where there are many things going on at the same time. In my opinion, the weird thing is that you are able to do what you describe, because that just means they let you do so. The only time you should be doing that is when your opponents have run out of cds to counteract yours.
    Edited: June 16, 2018

3. Usually, I find that the reason for such a difference is that you face people that actually know how to play their class. Having gear doesnt necessarily mean they know how to play their class (remember, this realm has existed for quite a long while, and there are people that play here for a very long time, so gear really means nothing).
    This + vs premade or not vs a premade. And *****s running non pvp trinkets.