1. ISP shut down my internet for "Illegal content of World of Warcraft 3.3.5A"

My internet was shut down for 2 days for pretty much playing here.. Anyone else ever had this problem? Have been playing here for years and never had this issue. They said i need to delete it off my PC if i want my internet back. Best way to go about this?

2. Well lol
    I'm in a country where cyber laws are pretty much nonexistent.
    Gl with your isp, even though that seems rather weird for them to ask of you to delete it, as if you can't move it to a USB and move it back or do anything with it.

3. Hi!

From the US? Using Comcast? I've heard of them sending an email warning you about the use of the game, which is pretty much bull****. If it's not that then I guess the only option would be to swap providers, Comcast is garbage anyway. Sorry to say. Either that or use a VPN for playing.

4. Yeah im from the US its ridiculous but i have Spectrum(Time Warner Cable). The thing is i stream movies from Kodi and **** like that and they didnt say anything about that. They only mentioned World of Warcraft 3.3.5A. Getting a VPN would be fine but thats taking a risk of getting my account banned since so many IPs on VPNS are perm banned.

5. Thats really strange. First time I hear about that. Try contacting them and telling them that it is indeed legitimate?

6. There are VPNs that give you a dedicated IP address. There should be much lower chance that those are banned.

7. Getting a VPN would be fine but thats taking a risk of getting my account banned since so many IPs on VPNS are perm banned.
    I believe that's more from pubic/free VPNs, not from people using paid ones. We don't have a flat "no VPN" policy after all.

8. as above have said, use a vpn. buy a dedicated IP for a few dollars

9. **** man.. I use Spectrum (Time warner cable) and they disconnected my internet for illegal warcraft ****. Wtf do we do about this. I can't ****in play anymore. I spent 600$+ on my account.. I'd like to keep playing it.

10. It really sucks to be on a States ISP. We tried to download a TV serial from a Bulgarian torrent tracker once there, the moment the download started we got our internet cut off.

Strangely they didn't do anything when we were watching the same TV serial from a free online movies site from Bulgaria

11. I spent 600$+ on my account.. I'd like to keep playing it.
    Try that excuse with them, doubt it will work. You might only get an actual lawsuit from Blizzard cause they'd love to have those $600. Freedom sure is nice.

It really sucks to be on a States ISP. We tried to download a TV serial from a Bulgarian torrent tracker once there, the moment the download started we got our internet cut off.

Strangely they didn't do anything when we were watching the same TV serial from a free online movies site from Bulgaria
    Nothing strange there, they might not have blocked the website in time, but torrenting is basically a red flag(intended).

12. Okey is there any way to download a torrent file in the states without actually using a VPN. What if I have my colleague notes made in a torrent file and want to send them to an american friend to download.

I think there should be a way around their restriction

13. Okey is there any way to download a torrent file in the states without actually using a VPN. What if I have my colleague notes made in a torrent file and want to send them to an american friend to download.

I think there should be a way around their restriction
    Torrent traffic is pretty public so they know what you're downloading. File names (and content itself) are just flying over the internet so they know what it is.
    There's plenty of legit torrents that won't get you into trouble, many linux distributions have torrent downloads to avoid high server traffic and pay less for hosting.If you're sharing anything remotely private (college notes) you might wanna at least put them in a zip with a password, it's not the ultimate silver bullet, but it's at least something.
    There's even a website that shows a list of torrents that you downloaded recently (from your IP) but idk the warmane's policy about linking to that. It seems like it's not malicious, but I dislike the idea of it.

14. But I don't want to risk my 5+ year account to a VPN I just now start. I really don't want my 600$+ account banned man. I'd love to be able to play still, this ISP thing is NASTY so far.

15. Hello
    What did you end up doing? I know someone else who was having the same experience. A friend was even telling me that blizzard was on board with this, so internet servicea were overreacting. I dont know what is true, but clarification valued!

12 Last