Hey everyone using the forums

My name's Lac and I am a new player on the Warmane.
I started on the Icecrown server a few weeks ago, and just hit max level on my main character (a rogue) a few days ago.
Felt like giving some of my initial thoughts i had during this short time i have played. Obviously, I can only speak on the Icecrown realm, since it's the only one I have played on. I played a bit on the Arena-tournament server though, a couple years ago, before they merged.

I have overall been pleasantly surprised leveling my rogue, for a few reasons.
The great amount of players, really adds to the immersion and feeling that you are a part of a community, which is really great.
Speaking of the community, I have almost exclusively met very friendly players, while doing dungeons and trading.
Haven't stumbled over many bugs or glitches, and when I had, other players were quick to respond in general chat and help.

On the other sider, I also experienced a few negative attributes to the server.
First of all, I have a hard time understanding the fact that, almost every max level I meet, has some of the best gear.
Then I realised you can obtain any weapon or armor by donating real money. Which was definitely a sad surprise. What is the point of this?
This really made me wonder, how big a share of the players have bought their armor, in contrast to actually earning them through in-game progression.
Another thing is the queue time. It's a problem which, of course is tough to come around, but in comparison to buying armor it's an understandable reason to donate.
On a side note - I assume this happens for both the alliance as well as the horde faction, but while leveling I have been ganked countless time by max level alliance players lol. Don't really understand the reason for players to do this, but I guess it's a part of the game.

TL;DR:
My conclusion is, the server has really captured me, and has a lot of good attributes and features - which makes me want to continue my journey :))
The overall most negative side of this server, is definitely without a doubt, the donation system, which is not exclusively cosmetics. (In my opinion, is the best donation system).

Thank you to anyone who bothers to actually read this long *** text (if anyone does). Feel free to comment on my thoughts if you feel like it.
Anyways, looking forward to playing more, and grasping the whole essence of the server.

(Rusty)Lac