1. Spriests and their DPS

Something must be terribly wrong with the shadow damage....I got 5.7 gearscore wearing 4/4 t10 parts and still struggling to pull decent dps. I am aware of warrior class advantage with SM and stuffs, but spriest with 4k spell power pulling max 6k dps is total crap, I didn't put this in bugtracker to see the reaction of people playing spriests to share their personal experience. The rotation is way to easy to get messed up, so in this case is not even my rotation wrong.

2. i am totally aggred with you 4k spell power with 6k dps is totally bull out of crap....

3. Maybe you are just bad? Spriest has a really simple rotation.
    Voa25 from today on my priest: https://i.imgur.com/2R0cESN.png

4. no sen you must be cheating i am aggreed with bathillda noway spriest can do that

5. just carries around a screenie of his priest's dps from voa, what a doucher

6. Something must be terribly wrong with the shadow damage....I got 5.7 gearscore wearing 4/4 t10 parts and still struggling to pull decent dps. I am aware of warrior class advantage with SM and stuffs, but spriest with 4k spell power pulling max 6k dps is total crap, I didn't put this in bugtracker to see the reaction of people playing spriests to share their personal experience. The rotation is way to easy to get messed up, so in this case is not even my rotation wrong.
    We could probably give you some advice if we knew more about your gear than some arbitrary gearscore. Telling us that you have the T10 set bonus is a start, but we'll need more than that. There could be plenty of things going wrong with your setup that we can't know about.

That said, Shadow Priest damage is fine.

7. My stats are the following: 2984 spell power self buffed without procs, crit 27 %, haste rating 800, 14.30 % hit rating. I use black magic enchant atm cuz i am soft capped with haste.
    Edited: June 24, 2018

8. My stats are the following: 2984 spell power self buffed without procs, crit 27 %, haste rating 800, 14.30 % hit rating. I use black magic enchant atm cuz i am soft capped with haste.
    Hi Bathillda, I want to help here and be constructive to your problem. I have not seen any dps drop offs. I actually have a Best in Slot Shadowpriest and just made a new one and went through gearing that one. It is now 6.4k GS and very nearly Best in Slot. I've been playing Spriest on Warmane for a few years now and it was also my class choice all through TBC and WoTLK retail.

ok, you're not ANYWHERE near the haste "soft cap". You are actually over 400 haste away. So even with Black Magic up, not anywhere near the threshold. The reason there is a soft cap is because of getting extra dot ticks on your VT. The next threshold to get another tick on VT is so high after that, you'd lose more dps from loss of other stats so it's not worth shooting for it. Soft cap is... (1265 I believe off the top of my head.) Also, I would need to see your spec. You're actually 3% over hit cap as well, depending on your spec. Shadowpriests only need 11% hit against bosses if you consider talents and misery debuff as well.

Give us an armory link so we can look over more of your character and look for further improvements.

9. instead of assuming something is wrong with the class because you cant put up some decent dps, you should first look into your talents/rotation/stat balancing :)

10. TL;DR: Drop 3% (maybe 4% hit), replace pvp pieces with itemized pve ones, change talents slightly, manage dots better

ok, so looking at your spec, it's generally "right". However, since you have 4 piece T10, you should be eventually dropping mind blast from your rotation all together. If you're the only replenishment in 10mans, then fine, I get it. but that's what will add a lot of dps.

So let's look at your gear and gem choices. You're gemming for socket bonuses which is fine right now. Using Sp/Haste gems in your yellow sockets is the way to go since you're very low on haste. Everything looks pretty "okay" right now. You've got a good helm, good neck, most gear choices look appropriate. I would get rid of the pvp gear pieces. Although they have a hgiher item level, and some decent spell power, they give up any secondary stat benefits for resilience. (Most of the gear you want will be Spellpower, Haste and Crit).

Flare of the Heavens as one of your trinkets is fine. I would get rid of the Scale though. I would opt to get the TOC5 trinket over that honestly. It's a drop of item level, but it's itemized a bit better for you. Either that or get the never melting ice crystals from POS HC. The reason being, is you already have a haste use from engineering on your gloves, and you have black magic on your weapon. You don't need another haste use.

I would run HOR HC and get the offhand from there over the one you're using. It's amazing until you can get Shadow Silk Spindle. Also try to run TOC10 HC and get the wand off the first boss or get Corpse-Impaling Spike from Rotface in ICC25 if that's obtainable for you. Look into the crafted cloth bracers too. The Bejeweled Wizard's bracers. Although they are 245 instead of 251, they are itemized better. You'll get more out of them too with the socket.

Ok, so now that we've covered a few gear choices. Look at your opener and play style. First off, if you don't have one, get an addon that will track your dots on targets. I use ClassTimers. There are any out there.

I see you're using Glyph of Shadow Word Death. I would get rid of it. And I would not use that spell at all, unless you're moving. The way I open on my priest, is to get 5/5 shadowweaving, and then go hard. So I use VT + DP, Mind Flay 3 ticks, then if my trinkets proc, I throw shadowfiend right away. And continue spamming Mind Flay. Then I make sure that I line up the cast time with the remaining time on VT's duration so I never clip it, but I always keep it up. Practice this on dummies. I usually recast at 1.1 seconds remaining.

I see you don't have the points into dropping the CD of Shadowfiend in your pve spec. That's totally fine, usually you'll only get 1 use per fight but on longer fights it's a big dps increase instead of just a mana replenishing CD.

So there are just some ideas for you for right now. Remember, that with Shadow Focus and Misery talents, you only need 11% hit. If you consistently raid with Dranei, you only need 10% cause of their 1% buff too. So drop 4% hit, look for items with more Sp/Haste/Crit, and change your play style to manage your dots and you'll jump in dps.

http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary
    http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

(Here are my two shadowpriests, if you want to look them over and see what I do)
    Edited: June 24, 2018

11. So stats should be something like this:
    1200 haste
    30 % crit
    11 % hit rating

I quess my pvp parts as you said drop my dps because they lack with crit, eitherway i got the POS HC trinket but i don't see that trinket as replacement of Scale, if i compare them both Scale has 125 sp, Crystal has 111 sp, they are both on use which i don't like. I was eventually thinking to get the EoT 245 one with intellect to get the crit i miss atm. I do gruns icc 25n so i hope there will be DFO replacement or CTS. I agree about the wand it drops me so much on dps, offhand is fine by now. About the rotation i do the following things: VT > DP - Mindflay to get 5 stacks then i apply SWP. Everything else follows with the refresh on dots and Mindflay spam.

12. From my understanding spriests are functioning just fine. I top dps (Vampzz) on a few bosses just about every icc25hc run. here's the logs from our LoD run today.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/x...e/?s=449&e=639

https://i.imgur.com/WcZW0bo.jpg

Some of the others here have already touched on things that will improve your dps, but if you'd like to know more send me a DM.

13. July 9, 2018  
    Priest dmg is fine i can pull 20k dmg icc 25hc on dbs without tryharding.

14. I am pulling 7-8k with 5.4k using no tier 10, something may be wrong, the most common cause for this is that you're interrupting your mind flay, or mind sear which means that you will not get the full dps you could be getting out of it, try finding the macros so you can spam the button without having your flay or sear interrupted when it is still channeling, decreasing your dps significantly.

12 Last