1. Haven't been able to locate Savage on Frostwolf

've been trying to locate Savage on Frostwolf. I checked out the guide here on Warmane about tracking/finding rare beasts and found the location where the maker of the guide says Savage patrols. If he only moves/patrols over 10 yards or so, he should be easy to find once the spot is located. I sent up about 30 flairs in the general spot and came up with nothing. The guide was made in like 2015 so I'm wondering, Is Savage in another location now, or does he patrol his entire path now or what? Any help or feedback would be much appreciated.

2. Doesn't look like anyone seems to know. Let me ask a more general question then concerning rare pets in Pandaren zones. Someone I believe on the comments thread of the guide here mentioned that the pet tracking was bugged in that the invisible rares don't leave visible tracks. But, like the guide itself, I believe the post was written back in 2015. Was that the case then? Is it still the case now? Because if Savage's pathing has been fixed at some point between 2015, when he was staying within 10 yards of his spawn point, and now, to where he's covering his entire patrol line from a point southwest of Serpent's Heart all the way to just south of Sri-La Village, then he's going to be virtually impossible to find if he's not leaving tracks. Since he still hasn't shown up near his spawn point while I've been there, I've taken to looking for his tracks along his patrol line. I haven't found any tracks whatsoever. Heck, I don't know if he even spawns anymore and I've been chasing something that doesn't exist.

3. So after making my last post, I found a convergence spot where Savage supposedly patrols on Frostwolf and his original patrol route on retail. A spot covered by both. Laid down flares there for about an hour and no trace of him. That clearly tells me that something's changed with Savage since 2015 when the guide was posted. He seems neither to be in the shortened 10-20 yard patrol route near his spawn spot or the retail patrol route. So where the heck is he?

So I'm pretty much giving up, pending any useful info that may or may not be forthcoming.
    Edited: June 28, 2018

4. Ok, I finally got him. I said I'd give up but nah =D. I guess maybe anyone who has played hunter and has put in the time could understand.

I'm not sure but I think he is no longer confined to the 10-20 yard path from his spawn point as described in the guide. I kept laying down flares and traps in that convergence spot and he finally appeared. Based on how long it took, I'm guessing he was passing through while on his full route. I was gonna mark him and follow him around to map his route and share the info here but he hit my trap, which made him mad and he started attacking. He also is leaving tracks after all. The tracks are what made me give it another go, although it seems the tracks stay longer than they should and one I found was elevated off the ground, like just over my head. But it was enough to tell me that he had been there and was obtainable.