1. Ninja looting tank gear is out of control

So I just started playing here a few weeks ago and I got my pally tank to 80 and trying to gear up. No less than 3 times in 4 days did a huge upgrade drop for me only to have the Plate DPS need it and win. Its unreal and makes me not even want to play anymore. Its demoralizing. I reported the dps with screen shots and the whole bit but I have no idea if justice was served. Sorry for venting and I am not sure if this is the right spot to do it. I am just so disheartened especially when the DPS are laughing and taunting me after they take it.

2. Yeah man, that's just how it is. And good thing you did, what really any of us can do, report them one at a time.

3. Sadly that's how it is a lot of the time on this server. The only things to combat it as far as I've seen are get into guilds that want to run rdf/hc with you so you have a better chance of getting the stuff you want, or just continue screen-capping / reporting every ninja that comes along. Each one banned gets a minimum of 5 days, iirc. And it goes up with each offense. So 5, 10, 20, 40 (Or in the case of raids) 30, 60, 90. Don't quote me on those exact numbers though.

4. Sounds like RDF cancer. Get in a guild, most guilds have people gearing alts all the time, problem solved.

5. People wonder why tanks are so hard to come by in Icecrown.

6. People wonder why tanks are so hard to come by in Icecrown.
    I'd say that has a lot to do with it, yeah. Another part of it imo is a lot of players seem to expect the tanks to all ready know how to do everything + be geared, when it (at least in my case as a 5 - 5.1k prot warrior) is not so.

I mean I know a few things but I spent about 6 months just gearing my prot warrior 'cause people either A. Didn't want to help me, or b. moment they realized "Oh, poorly geared tank, gg" they'd either leave rdf or vote kick me. The only reason I even got to 5k was mostly from vote points, and a stray Onyxia-10 where I got the head(245 trinket).

7. 6 months? wow, thats snail pace slow.
    tank gear has nothing to do with wanting to quit rdf (as a healer myself), its the snail pace tanking wich makes me QQ, pulling 1 by 1 by 1, especially in RDFS is a KMS scenario..

there is no learning curve in RDF trash tanking, you go n pull and do not stop unless healer requests it. (same applies for 98% of rdfhc bosses)

8. Pulling multiple targets wasn't the problem, at least for me. With the gear I'd had initially, I'd almost instantly lose aggro due to other players attacking the non-tank target (Or well geared DPS just managing to out-aggro me.) Which would result in said player usually either A. Dying and getting mad, or B. Complaining about aggro, then kicking me from group. The ninja looting on tank gear being the least of my problems.
    (Lack of aggro was most common prior to getting up to a 4.5k GS. Still happened somewhat frequently though even afterward. More recently with the modifications I've made on my warrior, it's gotten easier.)

With lower gear, you can't go as fast from one pull to the next(Without straining the healer), and aggro is a lot harder to come by. That, coupled with impatient party members in RDF (Usually dps) tends to result in bad times. And a lack of guild members willing to help gear a tank wasn't fun either.

9. Well, first off, I think it's probably going to be hard to make a case against someone for taking Tank gear as a DPS when they're using the LFG system and not actually ninja looting in a raid. I'm fairly new here and I don't know much about Warmane, but the least I can tell you is that Blizzard didn't ban people for this, which is why they've switched over to a personal loot system. They probably couldn't handle the volume of people reporting one another for being ninjas when they actually weren't. I truly hate to say it, but while I understand your dismay, I don't think that needing on gear that isn't for your spec is really considered being a ninja. It's just being a dick. At least in RDF where the game enforces the rules.

That being said, I think there's a big discussion to be had here, because I see this problem happening constantly as well. Having gear taken away from me by people who SHOULDN'T be using it has been one of the big issues I've faced while trying to gear up. To be perfectly honest, I think that this is only such a rampant cancerous issue because of the nature of the realm. It doesn't seem to me that there's really any reason NOT to ninja loot here. Not only is the realm population enormous (relative anonymity in numbers), but accounts are also free, and leveling is much easier. Not to mention the fact that you can ebay your way to BiS without having an ounce of intelligence or skill in this game. After a couple months of playing on Warmane, my hopes and excitement to be playing through Wrath again have subsided a bit, since I see how crappy the community can be, and to be perfectly honest, it seems to be that way by design.

10. It doesn't seem to me that there's really any reason NOT to ninja loot here. Not only is the realm population enormous (relative anonymity in numbers), but accounts are also free, and leveling is much easier[...] After a couple months of playing on Warmane, my hopes and excitement to be playing through Wrath again have subsided a bit, since I see how crappy the community can be, and to be perfectly honest, it seems to be that way by design.
    1. I would never recommend going ninja here. You end up banned sooner or later. I don't know why would you put effort to leveling with free account (long queues) and end up being banned shortly after reaching level 80. All that effort so that you can get small GS upgrade for your gear. Only to be banned for several days or a month if you did ninja something from a raid.

2. I'm guessing by crappy community you mean those who are jerks, ninjas, griefers, and what not vile mouthed internet trolls. Join a guild, get friends and your life on the server becomes better. Every game nowadays seems to have very self-centered community. Isn't it bit contradictory that you say people should ninja, but at same time you're saying the community is crappy. Well, people stealing others' items can create that. A nice snowball effect, a never ending "somebody stole from me, now I steal from somebody else."

In raids, I'd rather see RL's to allow people to change their MS if their current spec is one or two upgrades away not needing the instance for loot.
    RDF HC, nor RDF N, aren't the places to start gearing your OS, unless you make premades with players who are willing to join you with the altered loot rules.