1. Lich King vs. Pandaria (population).

Why is so many people in Lich King instead Pandaria ?

2. less bugs and more open content would be my guess at the 2 major reasons.

3. July 1, 2018  
    For the same reasons why at the end of WOTLK WOW have 12 mil subscribers and at the end of MOP had 5-6mil.

4. July 1, 2018  
    Why is so many people in Lich King instead Pandaria ?
    Because pandaria is a total garbage, breaking news (not).

5. July 2, 2018  
    For the same reasons why at the end of WOTLK WOW have 12 mil subscribers and at the end of MOP had 5-6mil.
    more popular servers are vanilla and wotlk, so no idea how does this apply to vanilla and bc.

first, optimization. For a decent MOP server for example you have to search a little further, contrary to vanilla or wotlk that have some popular decent options.

second, the wow player base is mostly pve, pandaria strength (late pandaria) is pvp. MOP raids aren't bad, but add poor optimization and you have a poor game scene by itself.

third, population itself. Let's suppose you find a nice cata/mop server but have 300 population, you will be better on a wotlk server with 2k pop independently
    which expansion you like more, this is a mmo.

fourth, MOP has pandas, many people avoid the expansion just for that.

6. July 2, 2018  
    Wrath may have better quality because of many more years of development on it, but honestly, Wrath is a bigger nostalgia trip than MoP is for a lot of people.

7. July 3, 2018  
    Would u rather play in the land of the dead or the land of pandas? Easy answer

8. July 4, 2018  
    Writing MoP off as "land of pandas" is an oversimplification to a rather large degree. Anyone who has played it knows better than that.

9. July 4, 2018  
    I'll take the land of the dead anytime over some pandas.

10. July 4, 2018  
    well, priorities. Being honest, i dont care much about lore and stuff, so i prefer gameplay over aesthetics.

is like diablo, diablo 1 is without doubt a better game than diablo 2 in atmosphere, music, history etc ; but diablo 2 gameplay is just superior.

11. Because WotLK is better in general.

Lich King have better lore, better instances, fearful dead, less bugs, hard to get mount.

Mop is filled with bugs, ****ty pandas, ****ty naruto themed anime dungeons.