1. July 1, 2018  

Anyone else notice that threads have been less frequent lately?

There was a time when once a week I'd see threads of all kinds such as the "queuequeue" threads, ganking threads, multiboxing threads, and so on.

Don't get me wrong, the posting of these kinds of threads still happen, but it seems to have gotten much less frequent since the 2nd quarter of this year.

2. July 1, 2018  
    That's because most active forum users and moderators are completely drunk already and they can't take it anymore, I hear...

3. July 1, 2018  
    Maybe the new players have evolved and are now able to use search function before making a new thread about a topic that has been discussed hundreds of times over and over again.

4. July 1, 2018  
    Maybe the new players have evolved and are now able to use search function before making a new thread about a topic that has been discussed hundreds of times over and over again.
    1 > 2 before that happens

Edit: Dk forums prove me right
    Edited: July 1, 2018

5. July 1, 2018  
    You just have to know where to look. For example, http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=386618 (jk it's deleted)

6. July 3, 2018  
    I've raised many topics in global chat, and many just don't like to engage anymore or just say "who cares". The expac and realm is been-there-done-that. It's like alot of players are zombie-mode these days; even the trolls are getting lame.

There's also Discord, which makes conversation more efficient and dynamic. Thought the quality of discussion there is far more casual.

And it's not just the Icecrown sub-section though, Cataclysm, Roleplaying and even PvP have only like 1 new thread per week. Besides the Suggestion and Latest News, the forums is close to becoming obsolete.

7. July 3, 2018  
    Because common consensus for those stuff is "it is a pvp server/it is allowed and part of the game, like it or not" and those arguments don't evolve to anything other than "git gud" or "if you don't like it you are free to leave". Getting and reading same responses over and over again gets boring after a while I guess and people just stop caring. Me for example. I was frequently looking to general discussion and Icecrown forums before, now I only enter the forums for class and profession guides. Hell, I don't enter to the forums themselves even, I just google "wotlk class/profession guide" and a guide on Warmane forums shows up at the top.
    Edited: July 3, 2018