1. July 1, 2018  

Disenchant roll

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to know your thoughts about disenchant roll. I mean look at it like this.

By having enchanting you provide other people ( Who don't have enchanting ), the ability to steal mats that YOU need. It's kinda dumb, don't you think ?

I don't see miners allowing me to mine their veins, or skinners allowing me to skin, so why is having enchanting so different, not to mention that getting mats is hard enough even when people don't steal them away.

2. July 1, 2018  
    Yes, but you didn't kill the boss all alone and deserve the item for only your own benefit.
    They also need them to enchant their gear, they'll give it to some enchanter friend and they'll enchant their item.

It's not stealing and don't be greedy about it.

3. July 1, 2018  
    I don't care if they greed the item and do whatever they want with it, but its not fair that they get the option to disenchant it, which would normally take character with enchanting or someone to do it for you.

It defies the purpose of enchanters and its not fair no matter how you look at it. And 90% people who roll disenchant wouldn't bother to greed it and sell/disenchant it, that is the point.

Also Letherworkers don't kill the mobs and bosses alone and yet I can't take the leather can't I ?

Sorry but your logic is wrong.

4. July 2, 2018  
    I don't care if they greed the item and do whatever they want with it, but its not fair that they get the option to disenchant it, which would normally take character with enchanting or someone to do it for you.

It defies the purpose of enchanters and its not fair no matter how you look at it. And 90% people who roll disenchant wouldn't bother to greed it and sell/disenchant it, that is the point.

Also Letherworkers don't kill the mobs and bosses alone and yet I can't take the leather can't I ?

Sorry but your logic is wrong.
    if you think it is not fair, all complains should be sent to blizzard. you can look up their email, im sure you will find it.

i am sure they will reply with a proper explanation, better than any1 would give you on private server forums.

5. July 2, 2018  
    when rolling

[Need] has the highest priority
    meanwhile [DE] is equivalent to [Greed] roll

you can always [Need] but be warned of looting rules :)

also...
    its 10 years++ old game, why complaint now
    LOL
    Edited: July 2, 2018 Reason: adding LOL

6. July 2, 2018  
    Because Enchanting is such a huge profession that everyone needs a lot from, Unlike for example, LW where ONLY AP users need 1 leg enchant, Enchanting has 5 Enchants that all classes needs, unless your Engineer and enchant your own stuff but you get the point.

You can't really compare Enchanting with Skinning / Mining or Herbalism, there's a big difference in a "gathering" profession and those professions you gather the mats to. For example, Jewelcrafters don't get tons of epic gems from mining, have you tried gathering some ores recently? almost everyone gets epic gems from honor or emblems and JC only cuts them, just like Enchanting only enchants your gear.

That's why everyone can disenchant roll, because they all need those mats in 1 way or another.
    Then there is the question if people with full enchanted gear (who allready got enough mats from DE roll to support 20 characters fully enchanted) really deserves to keep disenchant rolling over the fresh 80 that needs it badly, but that's more of a moral question.

7. July 2, 2018  
    Greed rolls and De rolls... whats the difference..

If you need mats your better off farming mobs somewhere since the droprate for "uncommon/rare" is pretty high in northrend anyway.
    Get tailoring and make epics with the mats you gather.
    BOOM now you can de epics.

Dont do dungeons if your too greedy for the mats.
    Problem solved

8. July 2, 2018  
    Jesus really? I dont think ive seen a sadder complaint...Ever. Its not fair? First off, qq. Secondly, as previously mentioned, greed is equivalent to DE, priority-wise. So here's the deal...

You kill a boss, everyone selects DE, you roll a 10 and lose your precious shard.
    Or.
    You kill a boss, everyone selects greed, you select DE, you roll a 10 and lose your precious shard.

Get over it and stop being greedy. You seriously think it should be greed>DE>need, and only the enchanter can DE? THAT is not fair. Get out of here.

9. July 2, 2018  
    make your own group and state you'll be needing on everything so you can DE it. see how that works for you. otherwise get use to others being able to roll.

10. July 3, 2018  
    I have actually met some dudes, they think they are the only enchanter on realm and Need on everything as if they are entitled to it. Imagine how far up the hole you must be to think like that?

11. July 3, 2018  
    Taking my simple question out of context on a new level.

Which btw I know the answer to, just wanted to hear yours.

However I won't try to keep the discussion going, you guys are too salty and maybe you should work on that :D

12. July 3, 2018  
    You're the one complaining about people disenchanting as if they are "stealing" from you when they do so, and call those who disagree salty?

13. July 3, 2018  
    If you think about it in a rational way... blizzard probably created this feature so enchanter could level their skills by disenchanting gear noone needs in dungeon/group.

This way the enchanter benifits these drops while other people have a chance to get mats they can sell instead of a random gear drop.

Win/win if you ask me.

Kind people could even give you the mats if they dont need it / think you deserve it or if you just ask it in a friendly way.
    In the end its still their chooise tho.

Thinking rational like this isnt very hard and it would prevent you from even creating posts like these.

The moment you created this post you made the impression you are very greedy.
    This resulted in the reactions above.

14. July 3, 2018  
    Almost everybody has enchanter anyway. So does it really matter if they win, or lose, DE/Greed roll? BoE's can be sent to be disenchanted. I'm willing to bet that you don't greed roll yourself when not playing on an enchanter, but instead use DE roll where possible.

Originally Posted by Maqisha
    I don't see miners allowing me to mine their veins, or skinners allowing me to skin, so why is having enchanting so different, not to mention that getting mats is hard enough even when people don't steal them away.
    Well, you mine ALONE, you skin ALONE. So all what they gather they can keep. You can go and farm mobs ALONE to get materials. Don't forget that Mining and Skinning are their own professions as well, where as disenchanting comes with Enchanting. IF disenchanting would be profession of it's own. I know, that would be stupid, your complaint could be valid.

15. July 3, 2018  
    I share his opinion.

It's not logical to provide unique profession ability for random people without this profession.
    In theory it should have been GREED only for standart people, and GREED+DE for enchanters.

Same as only engeneers are able to dismantle dead robots and only herbalists are able to herb dead plants without sharing.

But blizzard is blizzard. Deal with it.
    Edited: July 3, 2018

12 Last