1. July 3, 2018  
    There was much pleasure playing with you guys on that fine server. Wish we could continue all together but as we see it , thats the end of our story here.
    Thanks for the great time , have fun.

Yours Barret

P.S To the moderators of the server : Give at least a refund for those years we played here and for some reason you are taking us them back. Spending many hours to gear toons (All classes) , you are just taking it with one decision.
    You didn't buy anything here for money on Warmane. You might have donated and Warmane might have been generous to you and have given you coins for gear, but that is not anything they were in any way "supposed to" do. Therefore why would you receive any kind of refund.

2. July 3, 2018  
    It was a pleasure playing with u in Unknown Barret , good times

Gosu

3. July 3, 2018  
    Btw I don't beleive refunding coins is a good option,we wont have much to fit in other expansions, and actually, most of us hate any other expansions before Cata, for many reasons, I know they dont have much developers to fix all servers,I understand , but just to let go of Cata like that ? cmon guys you cant just pay us back by giving us some coins , make another cata server, which would be interesting and atleast script raids,dungs,and most important things , we wont mind if u dont care about small things ^^

4. July 3, 2018  
    Proterean, we're all dying for some information here, can you atleast tell us the date of the announcement so I dont grab my phone every 5 mins to see if there are any news about Cata ? :P

5. July 3, 2018  
    Proterean, we're all dying for some information here, can you atleast tell us the date of the announcement so I dont grab my phone every 5 mins to see if there are any news about Cata ? :P
    just be patient you're on this topic 24/7 lul

6. July 3, 2018  
    Yeah ur right imma make another topic

7. July 3, 2018  
    You didn't buy anything here for money on Warmane. You might have donated and Warmane might have been generous to you and have given you coins for gear, but that is not anything they were in any way "supposed to" do. Therefore why would you receive any kind of refund.

Buy or not , think of a player playing on a retail server for hours to build sth good of a toon (spending many hours) and one day the company decides to cut it off without a discussion or sth else.
    Well you can say it's company's decision , i can accept that . At least give me a proper reason.
    At the end is not about the money you donate , but the time you spend on something you believe that it could improve.

8. July 3, 2018  
    Buy or not , think of a player playing on a retail server for hours to build sth good of a toon (spending many hours) and one day the company decides to cut it off without a discussion or sth else.
    If Blizzard decided to cease updates for World of Warcraft, do you believe they would discuss it with players? Really? Like any other game that ever ends, players are just informed of the decision (albeit usually before whatever happens happens).

Well you can say it's company's decision , i can accept that . At least give me a proper reason.
    Proterean already said information will come.

At the end is not about the money you donate , but the time you spend on something you believe that it could improve.
    But, again, that's like any other online game. You invest time, you invest money (be it in subscriptions, in monthly "upgraded memberships," in cash shops, in donations), and eventually all that aren't massive cash-cows like retail World of Warcraft die out. You don't invest time for the betterment of the game, you don't invest time as some sort of "work" or "favor" for the server; you invest time in yourself, in your own personal and individual fun.

9. July 3, 2018  
    Now I want to see what are they going to do with the coins Ive spent there..
    Are they supposed to do something? It's your responsability. Everyone should be aware that things don't last forever.

10. July 3, 2018  
    If Blizzard decided to cease updates for World of Warcraft, do you believe they would discuss it with players? Really? Like any other game that ever ends, players are just informed of the decision (albeit usually before whatever happens happens).

So do you really believe , they won't be a discussion with the people that are paying the money to play, especially on online game? Its like having your best product delete and you are again waiting people to fund you so as to keep the company existed. That's why there are forums and discussion. From the ideas to rising a new project. That's why Blizzard continues to update and not being solid to one expansion.

But, again, that's like any other online game. You invest time, you invest money (be it in subscriptions, in monthly "upgraded memberships," in cash shops, in donations), and eventually all that aren't massive cash-cows like retail World of Warcraft die out. You don't invest time for the betterment of the game, you don't invest time as some sort of "work" or "favor" for the server; you invest time in yourself, in your own personal and individual fun.
    Speaking personally, i invested time for fun. I just gave a general idea of what a server policy with it's players could have done to keep them here and continue investing or throw them away. I am not in the mind of the inventors and don't wanna be, but from my aspect of view i would have done that. Dont forget that neltharion is a 3 year old server + . Its not a server that was on test for about 3-4 months and decided to shut down.
    Anyway, I liked those 3 years on neltharion. I liked the cataclysm server back from retail so i decided to play here. No hard feelings, we will just keep playing another expansion

11. July 3, 2018  
    Speaking personally, i invested time for fun. I just gave a general idea of what a server policy with it's players could have done to keep them here and continue investing or throw them away. I am not in the mind of the inventors and don't wanna be, but from my aspect of view i would have done that. Dont forget that neltharion is a 3 year old server + . Its not a server that was on test for about 3-4 months and decided to shut down.
    Anyway, I liked those 3 years on neltharion. I liked the cataclysm server back from retail so i decided to play here. No hard feelings, we will just keep playing another expansion
    Don't forget that the Administration wanted to shut down Cataclysm years ago, and only didn't because a vocal part of the players asked them not to. Interest from players kept going down even after that request, and consequently the already low interest in continuing to develop the expansion just dwindled away even faster. Even if people keep saying it's "one of the best" Cataclysm servers, that it "has bugs but works good enough" and all that, the population numbers just don't show interest.

12. July 3, 2018  
    You don't invest time for the betterment of the game, you don't invest time as some sort of "work" or "favor" for the server; you invest time in yourself, in your own personal and individual fun.
    Oh so are you saying the money that we invest from donations does not go for the betterment of the game? Individual fun or not, money was spent for a good which is now being taken away from us, therefore I do believe that some sort of compensation is in order.

13. July 3, 2018  
    Oh so are you saying the money that we invest from donations does not go for the betterment of the game? Individual fun or not, money was spent for a good which is now being taken away from us, therefore I do believe that some sort of compensation is in order.
    Show me where I said anything about money in what you quote if you want me to take you seriously.

14. July 3, 2018  
    Don't forget that the Administration wanted to shut down Cataclysm years ago, and only didn't because a vocal part of the players asked them not to. Interest from players kept going down even after that request, and consequently the already low interest in continuing to develop the expansion just dwindled away even faster. Even if people keep saying it's "one of the best" Cataclysm servers, that it "has bugs but works good enough" and all that, the population numbers just don't show interest.
    I don't forget that , i agreed with those people that care for the server and wanted to continue even though i didn't state it in public.
    Anyway as i said before no hard feelings . For me it's just a game and i shouldn't concern.
    Edited: July 3, 2018

15. July 3, 2018  
    I guess this is the end of the server so thanks everyone for all the things that we did together in the past few years, nothing will be forgotten.
    Peace out girl scout,
    Kargue o/

First ... 23456 ... Last